Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 91

Thread: Cwl

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    al-Mamlaka al-Arabiyya as-Suudiyya
    Posts
    3,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Krudler02 View Post
    I've watched an unhealthy amount of recaps and streams of the CWL this season and what I've taken away from it is two fold:

    1 - When they fail to 3 star, their attacks look an awful lot like my fails

    2 - When they succeed for 3 stars, my attacks look nothing like theirs.

    I've learned a tremendous amount watching this about conserving troop space, lower limits of troops necessary to accomplish certain tasks, base scouting, base design etc.

    There's no doubt these guys are next level and I'm flat out envious that they have groups this solidly dedicated to every function. Spotters, base builders, scouts, 3 star specialists. It was entirely impressive throughout.
    Ditto and the only thing missing from this thread is the attacks posted by people saying how easy it all is...

  2. #82
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,456

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by kevs926 View Post
    dips are strategic, so is engineering. it is funny how CWL hates the engineering idea, but they allow dips. right now we have 3 kinds of compositions, max th11, max th10, max th9. Wouldve been better if you remove all those th9 and replace them with th11s with maxed defenses but no eagles/infernos.

    th11 needs balance? it is great atm.. 3 stars arent supposed to be easy. At least when everyone is 2 starring each other, the destruction will be the deciding factor. The clan with better players will get the higher destruction.

    from what i saw just now, it is th9 that needs balance. 3 starred th9s is a given, that needs to change. the th9 offense is too overpowered atm. How can you judge skill when most clan will have the same th9 skills because every one were just 3 starred?
    Lol, did you seriously compare engineering to dip attacks? Engineers don't want a competition or a fair fight they want an easy win and go to the extremes to get it. When attackers in CWL do a dip, it's not because they want an easy target, it's because they know it is the most strategic and best for the clan and the win. There's a reason people in the war community hate engineers, it's because they know they are abusing a broken system to fish out easy wins without competition. No one in CWL wants engineering to be the meta because it would mean boring wars.

    Yes, Th 11 needs balance, most people in the war community would agree with me. The fact the meta right now is for TH 10 to two star 11s and TH11s to dip is because TH 11 is still underpowered. Think about it, if these elite TH 11 attackers can't three star elite TH 10 bases 80% of the time, what are their chances of three starring an elite 11 base? TH 11 is unbalanced, regardless of what you think. The TH 11 three star rate was extremely low throughout the entire CWL season. And a war with all 11s would still be boring, it would be like watching a trophy pushing war. You need some TH 10s at the least so it's not 99% two stars. I do agree, however, that TH 9 is easy right now. It's very hard for base designers to defend the first attack, TH 9 is pretty much the new TH 8. While I do agree TH 9 should be harder, think of it from this point of view: TH 9 isn't the second highest TH level, so it doesn't need to be as hard as it was. TH 9 right now has more variety in attacks than any TH, which makes for some varied strategies and interesting innovations. I can see an argument for TH 9s needing a defensive buff/offensive nerf and one for keeping it the same. I, for one, am fine either way, it will still be enjoyable to watch. You can judge the skills of the clan from whoever gets the win mate. They each have the same number of 11s, 10s, and 9s. So what all the TH 9s get wiped? Almost all wars, CWL or not, are determined at the top. Whoever has the best 11 and 10 attackers are usually going to win and be the more skilled clan. DL had a perfect season and OH also had a great season in the first CWL, if that doesn't tell you that they are skilled I'm afraid no one here can help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAKhan View Post
    Yes, I agree that i used Mods but before the first Ban Wave then i deleted it in the fear that my account will get banned after that my account was not banned in the 1st Ban Wave then why was my Account Banned in the 2nd Ban Wave. This is not Fair Supercell Please Revoke My Ban.
    LOL

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11
    Do you even CWL bro

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11
    The salty attacking behavior in this thread from "Pro" CWL enthusiasts reminds me of what happened to Call Of Duty. The tryhards ruined it for the casuals. Bro.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11
    I would additionally like to add the term "Elite" gets thrown around far too casually in the Clash Of Clans war scene.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    al-Mamlaka al-Arabiyya as-Suudiyya
    Posts
    3,811
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMeOusside View Post
    Do you even CWL bro
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMeOusside View Post
    The salty attacking behavior in this thread from "Pro" CWL enthusiasts reminds me of what happened to Call Of Duty. The tryhards ruined it for the casuals. Bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMeOusside View Post
    I would additionally like to add the term "Elite" gets thrown around far too casually in the Clash Of Clans war scene.
    Please link to your base / attacks or post them here...

    Not sure if you are on your first account, but the last go round on this was hilarious and the famous "CWL aint ish" guy has never been seen again: The Proposed Clan War that Blew up forum last week, Apollo vs Rocky THE WAR! (Terminators vs RO/DL); Bite Vs Bark Event featuring Apollo...

  7. #87
    Forum Veteran nstar612's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,499
    Nah, I don't think if you have Th11 only war in CWL, you would end up with 99% 2 stars. These guys are capable of 3 starring TH11s. What they lack is the opportunities to go for 3 stars. There is a reason why you see more TH11 3 stars out of TH11 only wars. People can afford to go for more 3 star attacks.

    Mixed TH format wars just isn't ideal for TH11s. If TH11 can't 3 star 80% of TH10s, then why bother dipping? I think the game is simpler and better off in the long term if people just concentrate on attacking their own TH levels.

  8. #88
    New Bloke/Chick
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by nstar612 View Post
    Nah, I don't think if you have Th11 only war in CWL, you would end up with 99% 2 stars. These guys are capable of 3 starring TH11s. What they lack is the opportunities to go for 3 stars. There is a reason why you see more TH11 3 stars out of TH11 only wars. People can afford to go for more 3 star attacks.

    Mixed TH format wars just isn't ideal for TH11s. If TH11 can't 3 star 80% of TH10s, then why bother dipping? I think the game is simpler and better off in the long term if people just concentrate on attacking their own TH levels.
    I 100% agree with you! CWL is really boring for th11s, their format does not promote end game play.
    I would never want to join a CWL clan since it would be expected from me to attack th10s. And looking at the comments CWL people are amking here they dont even think th11 v th11 3 stars are possible without modding and that everyone who is in those wars mod 24/7

  9. #89
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyMortal View Post
    Lol, did you seriously compare engineering to dip attacks? Engineers don't want a competition or a fair fight they want an easy win and go to the extremes to get it. When attackers in CWL do a dip, it's not because they want an easy target, it's because they know it is the most strategic and best for the clan and the win. There's a reason people in the war community hate engineers, it's because they know they are abusing a broken system to fish out easy wins without competition. No one in CWL wants engineering to be the meta because it would mean boring wars.

    Yes, Th 11 needs balance, most people in the war community would agree with me. The fact the meta right now is for TH 10 to two star 11s and TH11s to dip is because TH 11 is still underpowered. Think about it, if these elite TH 11 attackers can't three star elite TH 10 bases 80% of the time, what are their chances of three starring an elite 11 base? TH 11 is unbalanced, regardless of what you think. The TH 11 three star rate was extremely low throughout the entire CWL season. And a war with all 11s would still be boring, it would be like watching a trophy pushing war. You need some TH 10s at the least so it's not 99% two stars. I do agree, however, that TH 9 is easy right now. It's very hard for base designers to defend the first attack, TH 9 is pretty much the new TH 8. While I do agree TH 9 should be harder, think of it from this point of view: TH 9 isn't the second highest TH level, so it doesn't need to be as hard as it was. TH 9 right now has more variety in attacks than any TH, which makes for some varied strategies and interesting innovations. I can see an argument for TH 9s needing a defensive buff/offensive nerf and one for keeping it the same. I, for one, am fine either way, it will still be enjoyable to watch. You can judge the skills of the clan from whoever gets the win mate. They each have the same number of 11s, 10s, and 9s. So what all the TH 9s get wiped? Almost all wars, CWL or not, are determined at the top. Whoever has the best 11 and 10 attackers are usually going to win and be the more skilled clan. DL had a perfect season and OH also had a great season in the first CWL, if that doesn't tell you that they are skilled I'm afraid no one here can help you.
    See I believe it is th10 that is unbalanced and creating the issue. th11s wouldn't need to dip to hit max th10s if max th10s could more viably 3* their counter part. If 10v max10 had a higher hit rate then 11s would stop dipping except for maybe a couple problem bases. This would also free up additional th11v11 attacks that in theory could help increase the rate of 11v11 3*s, just due to having more attacks at each base then before. Either way though I believe both th10 and 11 could use slight offensive buffs still.

  10. #90
    I'M BATMAN! ChiefTuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,666
    Quote Originally Posted by WookieFloyd View Post
    See I believe it is th10 that is unbalanced and creating the issue. th11s wouldn't need to dip to hit max th10s if max th10s could more viably 3* their counter part. If 10v max10 had a higher hit rate then 11s would stop dipping except for maybe a couple problem bases. This would also free up additional th11v11 attacks that in theory could help increase the rate of 11v11 3*s, just due to having more attacks at each base then before. Either way though I believe both th10 and 11 could use slight offensive buffs still.
    Yup. Pre-TH11 arranged wars were all TH9 & TH10. TH8 wasn't relevant in competitive wars, even then. TH9 3 stars were achievable at a high enough rate that TH10s didn't need to dip much, but it happened. But fresh hit 3 stars were exceptional. Those clans did not bring TH8s to war back then, they shouldn't be using TH9s with the addition of TH11, but TH10 v TH10 3 stars are nowhere near the old TH9 v TH9 3 star rates, even for the best players.

    SC should look at the CWL lineups as a strong indicator that TH10 needs something. Making miners & witches relevant seems like a good place to start.

    Side note: does anyone know how many TH9s were in the CWL final? I'm guessing nearly half of each clan's roster. CWLL should be the TH9 scene, imo.
    Leader of Bellum Tigers #2CR0QQC
    Expert Goblin Butterknife Attacker

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •