Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Introducing: The Forum Reputation System

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Introducing: The Forum Reputation System

My fellow forumites!

Today we are activating a new forum feature - User reputation. This is something we have been wanting for a long time, but have been very cautious about how best to approach it. So before we make it a permanent feature, we are going to run a 60 day trial and see how things go.

What is the reputation system?

The reputation system is a score underneath your name (displayed as green dots - the more green dots, the higher your reputation. Hover over the dots with your mouse to see the user's title). It also allows members to show their appreciation/admiration of your posts and give you reputation points. On the flip side, it also allows users to give negative points if your post is not great or if you are being a toxic rudey pants! One thing to note is that you must leave a comment if you are giving negative reputation so that the user and moderators know why you are downvoting - keep in mind this is not a substitute for reporting a post.

Giving reputation is easy! Simply go to the bottom left of a members post, and select the reputation icon.

The higher your reputation - the better your reputation title will be. To see your reputation - simply click the star icon under one of your posts, this will tell you what your current count is.

How does the reputation system work, and what limitations are there?

• Everyone starts with 10 reputation points.
    • Members must have 10 reputation points to be able to affect other people's reputation. In other words - if you have -200 reputation points, you would have to earn back 210 points before you could vote on anyone.
    • Members must have 50 posts before being able to use the reputation system to vote on other people, however you can still earn reputation while under 50 posts.
    • Members can only click the reputation button 10 times per 24 hours. Choose wisely!
    • You must vote on 15 different users before giving reputation to the same person again (This is to help stop people voting up their friends for no reason!)
    • Giving reputation in off-topic is disabled.
    • Currently, the reputation system can not be seen on the mobile version. Scroll to the bottom and switch to desktop mode if you would like to use it.

Meo: You can also read vBulletin FAQ about the reputation system: https://forum.supercell.com/faq.php?...vb3_reputation

If we continue using the reputation system after the trial - we will add in multipliers etc.(For example, every 100 points of reputation you gain grants you +1 voting power. Or for every year you are on the forum, you gain +1 voting power). But more on that if we decide to continue with it after the trial! Towards the end of the 60 days, we will put up a feedback thread where you can leave your thoughts and comments - This will determine if we carry on with it!

Please note that we have also added Forum Rule #20.
    Any deliberate manipulation or targeting using the reputation system is strictly forbidden, and may result in a permanent ban.
    Last edited by meonhoc; February 24th, 2017 at 10:24 AM.

Awesome system but I don't know how to check what I have the method isn't working for me

Youtube channel|MY AMA|#SavetheForums|Signature shop|
    Quote Originally Posted by Stew00m View Post
    I'm a th11 in champs, if anyone has a cool car, hot girlfriend/wife, or any money there not using shoot me a pm.

lilangel. frosty. kart. ninja. bmille. mich. dinner.
    Wow! new forum feature! lets see how it goes.

this account is dead. btw that sig was made by guto

Great to see such a feature being added to our forum

Thanks for ClashOfHolmes for his great work!

i was sailing my ship, suddenly my GPS tracker got jammed by Marika, now i'm sailing blindly
    add another feature to have a notification when someone quote my posts
    need a sigpic? click here

"the most effective defence is enemy idiocy"
    "good loots come to those who press next"

goodbye Clash of Clans, welcome to Clash Boom Royale

Is there some kind of issue with coding in the forums?

It's hard to like and not even resent the fact the forums get something cool and it's useless to me because I rarely go outside of OT...
    The OT CoC Community (Smirk Nation) sends their regards from Discord!

Sir,
    Will this new feature affect on thread posting. Means if less reputation i have then am i not allow to post threads? And is there (-1) reputation point also?

MasterCal
    Quote Originally Posted by anupmkhandare View Post
    Sir,
    Will this new feature affect on thread posting. Means if less reputation i have then am i not allow to post threads? And is there (-1) reputation point also?
    According to the post, you won't be able to give people reputation points unless you have more than 10 rep points. You can still post threads. Yes, there are negative points

Aww, why can't we give rep in OT? That's lame

This is a good idea though, and hopefully it gets good reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Fightstar View Post
    Using a third party mod on your oven may result in a permanent ban from the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bresn View Post
    Is there some kind of issue with coding in the forums?

It's hard to like and not even resent the fact the forums get something cool and it's useless to me because I rarely go outside of OT...
    And I'm struggling to check people's rep as well.

Down vote for this feature for me.