Page 54 of 130 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Introducing: The Forum Reputation System

Quote Originally Posted by ReplicantRachel View Post
    Can one of the moderators look in to why I'm unable to see my reputation tab in profile please?
    Are you on the mobile site?

Can one of the moderators look in to why I'm unable to see my reputation tab in profile please?
    Are you looking at full version of forums or mobile version?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom57 View Post
    Are you on the mobile site?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Are you looking at full version of forums or mobile version?
    Full site on computer

This is what I see

Attachment 196940
    Last edited by ReplicantRachel; February 25th, 2017 at 10:31 PM.

Strange. I am confident mine has gone back and forth between being able to see who voted on me and being anonymous (and I believe earlier in this thread it was confirmed the intent is to be anonymous), so there are some bugs getting worked out I guess. I can always see my reputation tab, though, as long as I'm not on the mobile version.

Pro Member
    I'm not a pie you eat, I'm the pie that eats you. Nomnomnomnom.
    Sorry, but unless this feature is anonymous, I won't be using it. I just got a PM from a guy that necroed a thread telling me to stop harassing new players like him. Ironically, he arguably harassed me by PMing (based on how you look at it), but his post was not very offensive.

The point is, I don't need my inbox full of complaints of down-voted users.
    Last edited by FearElemental; February 25th, 2017 at 11:42 PM.

@Moderators, two questions about the reputation system. If either has already been answered, sorry.

One: Why can't we affect our reputation in Off topic?

Two: Why can't we view reputation on the mobile site? He's my reasoning: Firstly, I rarely use my laptop to view the forum, the full site looks messy on a tiny phone screen. Little bit selfish I know however I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting this feature to be available on the mobile site for this reason.

It isn't really fair that people who will join the forums on the mobile site and never go on the full site meaning they won't be aware of the fact that the rep system is fully affecting what they do. It means that they'll have no idea that their posts are being upvoted or downvoted. At least if it is on both full and mobile site they will be able to see that it is in full affect and then able to judge on others rep accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom57 View Post
    @Moderators, two questions about the reputation system. If either has already been answered, sorry.

One: Why can't we affect our reputation in Off topic?

Two: Why can't we view reputation on the mobile site? He's my reasoning: Firstly, I rarely use my laptop to view the forum, the full site looks messy on a tiny phone screen. Little bit selfish I know however I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting this feature to be available on the mobile site for this reason.

It isn't really fair that people who will join the forums on the mobile site and never go on the full site meaning they won't be aware of the fact that the rep system is fully affecting what they do. It means that they'll have no idea that their posts are being upvoted or downvoted. At least if it is on both full and mobile site they will be able to see that it is in full affect and then able to judge on others rep accordingly.
    These have both been discussed in thread. Give me a minute I see if I can find quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by WastingGems View Post
    SC missed the boat with this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    It was never the dev team's intention to leave the Town Hall side of the base behind.
    Although they did leave it behind.
    Builder base, a village so bad even it's builder wants to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by smolson View Post
    It should be anonymous. Let us know if it's not.
    Yeah, about that. It is not anonymous.

Sorry got derailed.
    It was never the dev team's intention to leave the Town Hall side of the base behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Martvol View Post
    Yeah, about that. It is not anonymous.

Sorry got derailed.
    Clearly a lot of problems with this new feature.

Whoever implemented this didn't do this the best way they could. A lot of mistakes were made. Remind anyone of any particular update(s) that Supercell didn't test before they rolled them out?

Edit: And yes I am fully aware of the fact that the forums aren't owned by Supercell.

Edit 2: I am also aware of the fact that no update will be rolled out 100% perfect but come on, there are fairly big problems with this new feature which could have been prevented.
    Last edited by Boom57; February 26th, 2017 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LachNessMeownster View Post
    We decided it was for the best. It wouldn't be long until we started seeing forums games like "Give the above use reputation" etc.
    But more than that - Offtopic doesnt include post counts, so it makes sense it wouldnt count towards your reputation either. Especially if this gets out of trial, and we start giving rewards for reputation. It makes no sense for SC to give rewards to people who only post about things other than their game on their forum.

Its not game related, so a little joke sneak like that didnt belong in General. Im honestly surprised at the amount of people who come to offtpic but clearly dont go to the other subforums by the way they are worried about not getting rep.

For the trial at least, we will not be changing it to include offtopic.

Offtopic is the mature part?
    this was in off topic.

There was not much talk about the mobile site, just that this is trial and see where it goes.
    Last edited by Martvol; February 26th, 2017 at 12:04 AM.