Page 1 of 130 1231151101 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Introducing: The Forum Reputation System

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Introducing: The Forum Reputation System

My fellow forumites!

Today we are activating a new forum feature - User reputation. This is something we have been wanting for a long time, but have been very cautious about how best to approach it. So before we make it a permanent feature, we are going to run a 60 day trial and see how things go.

What is the reputation system?

The reputation system is a score underneath your name (displayed as green dots - the more green dots, the higher your reputation. Hover over the dots with your mouse to see the user's title). It also allows members to show their appreciation/admiration of your posts and give you reputation points. On the flip side, it also allows users to give negative points if your post is not great or if you are being a toxic rudey pants! One thing to note is that you must leave a comment if you are giving negative reputation so that the user and moderators know why you are downvoting - keep in mind this is not a substitute for reporting a post.

Giving reputation is easy! Simply go to the bottom left of a members post, and select the reputation icon.

The higher your reputation - the better your reputation title will be. To see your reputation - simply click the star icon under one of your posts, this will tell you what your current count is.

How does the reputation system work, and what limitations are there?

• Everyone starts with 10 reputation points.
    • Members must have 10 reputation points to be able to affect other people's reputation. In other words - if you have -200 reputation points, you would have to earn back 210 points before you could vote on anyone.
    • Members must have 50 posts before being able to use the reputation system to vote on other people, however you can still earn reputation while under 50 posts.
    • Members can only click the reputation button 10 times per 24 hours. Choose wisely!
    • You must vote on 15 different users before giving reputation to the same person again (This is to help stop people voting up their friends for no reason!)
    • Giving reputation in off-topic is disabled.
    • Currently, the reputation system can not be seen on the mobile version. Scroll to the bottom and switch to desktop mode if you would like to use it.

Meo: You can also read vBulletin FAQ about the reputation system: https://forum.supercell.com/faq.php?...vb3_reputation

If we continue using the reputation system after the trial - we will add in multipliers etc.(For example, every 100 points of reputation you gain grants you +1 voting power. Or for every year you are on the forum, you gain +1 voting power). But more on that if we decide to continue with it after the trial! Towards the end of the 60 days, we will put up a feedback thread where you can leave your thoughts and comments - This will determine if we carry on with it!

Please note that we have also added Forum Rule #20.
    Any deliberate manipulation or targeting using the reputation system is strictly forbidden, and may result in a permanent ban.
    Last edited by meonhoc; February 24th, 2017 at 10:22 AM.

Banned
    Good idea but I can see it being abused....

That's -100 reputation points for me already.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindHaze View Post
    Good idea but I can see it being abused....

That's -100 reputation points for me already.
    Could you share why you can see it being abused? there are plenty of limitations we can put in place, so once we know the flaws - we can try and fix them

Centennial Club
    Nice! Just one question: does this also come to the mobile version?

Forum Veteran
    A notification when someone quoted you will be very very much usefull than a mere reputation system.

Well it sort of works for reddit with their up and down voting.

So is there point where if your rating is so low that you are unable to post? Will it affect anybody's ability to post in any way?

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LachNessMeownster View Post
    Could you share why you can see it being abused? there are plenty of limitations we can put in place, so once we know the flaws - we can try and fix them
    Create lots of alt accounts. Give positive reputation to main account. Profit!!!
    Or trading positive reputation between friends
    Last edited by hhggff; February 22nd, 2017 at 09:42 AM.

When does this start?

Forum Contender
    Quote Originally Posted by basilbrush303 View Post
    Well it sort of works for reddit with their up and down voting.

So is there point where if your rating is so low that you are unable to post? Will it affect anybody's ability to post in any way?
    Not sure if it's supposed to affect anyone's ability to post.

I think it's more social engineering where people tell the poster what they find acceptable or unacceptable so that the poster based on their rating can see if there is any cause to amend their posting style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    Finally I would like to thank the lock on the toilet door. You are the reason I am here, the ying to my yang, my Clash buddy, my soul-mate. You have always been there when I needed to raid, when I needed to empty my collector and when I needed to turn down the sound and then finish with a distraction flush despite the fact that I didn't even sit down.

Yeah, that's what I wanna ask.