Page 4 of 130 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Introducing: The Forum Reputation System

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to lachnessmeownster again"

Any specific information you can give to avoid this?
    Last edited by Zelonius; February 22nd, 2017 at 10:04 AM.

Will you take the chief's challenge? yes? go here https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...58#post8823958

Quote Originally Posted by Zelonius View Post
    "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to lachnessmeownster again"
    You do have to give reputation to 15 different users before returning to the same one.

Forum Elder
    I don't like this system. Reputation system is supposed to be for questions and answers sites. Best answers are given more reputation. It looks like the implementation from Stack Exchange API. Even in Stack Exchange comments are not given reputation because discussions are not productive for the original question.

Here every person keeps its own view. One is considered as toxic if one keeps a different viewpoint.

Reputation system should not be made for general subforum because it involves only views and discussions and discussions can't be given reputation. It's not like who is more right.

For problems and bugs sub-forum reputation system will work. A good solution will be given more reputation.
    Last edited by forever10; February 22nd, 2017 at 10:11 AM.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Micheallo View Post
    Will there be a way for someone to know there own exact reputation count?
    Yes, for some reason it doesn't show under post count.

Edit:
    Few ways to find out your own reputation point:
    - try to give your own post a reputation by clicking on the Star icon (next to Report button - you must be on Full Site, not Mobile layout)
    - check reputation tab on your own profile (if no reputation tab, initial count = 10)
    - go to your Settings (again, Full Site), scroll all the way down to see all Latest Reputation received and Given, plus the actual count.

The method below is not available for everyone. The settings is there to let you hide/show reputation and at the same time tell you how many you have. It isn't meant to be the only way to show you your own rep count.

But for now if you go into Settings > My account > General Settings > Reputation Level.
    It should say it there, otherwise when people give you reputation you will get a notification which tells you what your score is.
    Last edited by meonhoc; February 24th, 2017 at 10:30 AM.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelonius View Post

Any specific information you can give to avoid this?
    Check out the OP

• You must vote on 15 different users before giving reputation to the same person again (This is to help stop people voting up their friends for no reason!)

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #36
    Again, this is just a trial for now.

Lets see how it goes and we can make changes when the time comes

Quote Originally Posted by forever10 View Post
    I don't like this system. Reputation system is supposed to be for questions and answers sites. Best answers are given more reputation. It looks like the implementation from Stack Exchange API. Even in Stack Exchange comments are not given reputation because discussions are not productive for the original question.

Here every person keeps its own view. One is considered as toxic if one keeps a different viewpoint.

Reputation system should not be made for general subforum because it involves only views and discussions and discussions can't be given reputation. It's not like who is more right.

From problems and bugs sub-forum reputation system will work. A good solution will be given more reputation.

Nice idea.

Hopefully it get past the 60 day trial.

But do you have enough mods to keep track off any potential abuse or bullying?

Quote Originally Posted by LachNessMeownster View Post
    Yes, for some reason it doesnt show under post count.

But for now if you go into Settings > My account > General Settings > Reputation Level.
    It should say it there, otherwise when people give you reputation you will get a notification which tells you what your score is.
    I don't have the reputation level anywhere in my general settings, can provide screenshots if needed, also I found an easier way by just clicking the star icon on my own posts.
    Last edited by Micheallo; February 22nd, 2017 at 10:10 AM.

Forum Elder
    People are good in justification. There will be always a convincing reason for a downvote to a comment. Giving down vote to a solution must have a strong reason so it won't be always possible. That's why discussions don't fit with reputations.
    Last edited by forever10; February 22nd, 2017 at 10:14 AM.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Micheallo View Post
    I don't have the reputation level anywhere in my general settings, can provide screenshots if needed, also I found an easier way by just clicking the star icon on my own posts.
    Awesome, I am going to update the OP.

I dont think that option is displayed until someone gives you rep.