Page 21 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Introducing: The Forum Reputation System

Great idea. I hope it stays and comes to the mobile side too.
    Last edited by A2K; February 22nd, 2017 at 06:31 PM.

One suggestion I have (maybe it is there and I missed it) is to require a certain number of positive reports for every one negative.

Quote Originally Posted by AresMars View Post
    my humble opinion
    i come here to learn things, sometimes i post my 3 cents, i don't care about the reputation points
    people who don't agree with someone's opinion now will down vote, already see maxxers and engineered fight using downvotes
    why not just introduce a simple "like" under the post?
    If that scenario is happening, we could perhaps also assume those same people would give giving positive reputation points to the people they agree with, evening out the negative ones.

Forum Elder
    The administrators are thinking differently for reputation system. It is originally designed for Question&Answer sites to motivate users to serve answers and offer solutions with their best knowledge. Later new achievements like editing other's post/closing off-topic threads and moving threads were added which are unlocked after reaching certain number of reputation. On forums these tasks are done by moderators. Question&Answers sites have moderators too but with higher privileges.

You can't vote discussions which may carry both agreements and disagreements so the general subforum should be immune to it. Problems and Bugs subforum fits best with reputation because it offers solutions. Other sub forums which are better with reputations are Ideas and features request, COC API and others which don't involve general debate. I would implement a Like feature for general subforum to give likes to funny comments or the one you agree to(No dislike option). New users with negative reputation will be an unwelcome way for them.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #205
    1 starring all of the bases in the galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by Martvol View Post
    What you would hate to see is what I see happening. This isn't Reddit. Let Reddit be Reddit.

I will down vote the grammar police. Is that an abuse of system?
    If you see bullying, targeting, favoritism please report it. As pointed out we are in a 60 day trial and will evaluate it throughout the course of those 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by forever10 View Post
    The administrators are thinking differently for reputation system. [snipped].
    Good points.
    Last edited by Smolson; February 22nd, 2017 at 06:36 PM.

If you upvote or downvote, is it anonymous? Like, do we see who gave a reptuation point and who took one away? I could imagine some people targeting someone because they were downvoted.
    Retired from Clash
    Casual Boom Beach Player: HQ22, Level 62, 500VP

Well, if nothing else I just read the forum rules for the first time ever. There. It served a great purpose.

But since I am a cupcake anyway I don't think I would have broken any regardless. OK, one. I might have tried the animated gif avatar. But that is it. Perhaps a dancing cupcake?
    Ending threads one comment at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfAllTimeAndMagic View Post
    If you upvote or downvote, is it anonymous? Like, do we see who gave a reptuation point and who took one away? I could imagine some people targeting someone because they were downvoted.
    I agree. I think it should be anoymous or it will just be a targeting fight back and forth as soon as someone finds out they were given a negative report and who did it. I'm not sure, is it anonymous?

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #209
    1 starring all of the bases in the galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I agree. I think it should be anoymous or it will just be a targeting fight back and forth as soon as someone finds out they were given a negative report and who did it. I'm not sure, is it anonymous?
    It should be anonymous. Let us know if it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilakila View Post
    Well, if nothing else I just read the forum rules for the first time ever. There. It served a great purpose.

But since I am a cupcake anyway I don't think I would have broken any regardless. OK, one. I might have tried the animated gif avatar. But that is it. Perhaps a dancing cupcake?
    Wait, your location says you "lie and say the Falkland Islands".

You're not a cupcake! You're a radical cupcake!