Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merging Clans?

Merging Clans?

I have been in global a few times and so many say, "lets merge clans" although they don't want to leave their clan and want me to bring my 40 members over to their level 1 clan and I am almost level 9. Does anyone ever really merge a clan? Give up their leadership and all the hard work they have accomplished building their clan? What positive could come out of this?

"Experience, the one thing in life you can not buy"
    Town Hall 11 Level 164
    821 war stars Level 9 Clan #8RLP2VV

It's pretty difficult to be honest. We tried once and it seemed like a good fit. We were very top heavy (maxth11) they were good with th9 and down.

Issues with leadership just the way things are done, people are stubborn to change how they do things.. Perhaps if you have two clans that are really struggling might be more likely to comply with each other rules. No matter what still think recruiting etc is the better way to go. It's easier to change one person at a time then 10 + people.

LOL we even fought about what third party chat app we would use.

Good Luck.

In the past I arranged two mergers into my own clan, both being clans I built strong relationships with and spent a lot of time earning trust. Both clans were non-perked lower level clans so it made sense for them to do the moving. One of the clan's leader had real life kick them in the bum, so CoC was out of the question for the unforseeable future. The remaining group was small and all except one decided to stay together and move on with me. The other clan had been dying slowly and since I happened to be in for a war visit, I made the suggestion that one of the leaders come check us out and see if we were compatible. The group that merged was a moderate size and things worked well for a while. Unfortunately most of them petered out slowly over time with only a couple staying active. I believe mergers can work if there is a strong relationship built, possibly in advance, and when clan ideals coincide.
    UltimateHamm #29VQUCPQJ: TH10 lvl 171 BK 32 AQ 40 gg~1.5 ee~1.5 hh~7.5
    MiniHamm #GQL9URC9: TH8 lvl 94 Titan pb 4379
    Proud Parent of a United States Soldier 🇺🇸🎗21 too many

Pro Member
    We tried it but the leader eventually couldn't keep his overblown ego from bringing it all crashing down. Luckily our old clan still had a few people in it and we regrouped.

We had a merger into our clan as the other clan lost a lot of members due to being inactive. We warred against them previously, both were level 10 clans when merger happened.

We made their leader a co leader and the co-leaders all elders. Some of them are now also co-leaders. We now use their old level 10 clan as a feeder/sister clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Roynice152 View Post
    I have been in global a few times and so many say, "lets merge clans" although they don't want to leave their clan and want me to bring my 40 members over to their level 1 clan and I am almost level 9. Does anyone ever really merge a clan? Give up their leadership and all the hard work they have accomplished building their clan? What positive could come out of this?
    We merged with a clan.
    We lost a war to a clan and a day or two after, they joined our clan even though their clan level is very high (same level as ours, lv 10 or lv 11 at that time).

I think it all depend on clashers. If they really want to merge they wouldn't mind leaving their old clan.
    I do agree most clashers don't think that way. We were lucky to encountered this clan and have these great clashers joined our clan.

What positive could come out of this?
    - Clan becomes more alive
    - New members know what they are doing and how to lead a clan --> less work for our old leader and COs
    Last edited by ForgiveMeNot; February 17th, 2017 at 07:08 PM.
    Lv13 War Clan: Rushed One(#9YG9YYCJ). If you are good rusher, join us!

Without buying gems, Mist (started in Sept. 07, 2014) took less than 34 days (Day 34: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1HB-J1kbAE) rush from TH1 to TH9... and 14 months later: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIOWMYK8lT0. Wanna rush?

I've been part of a three successful mergers. It's not easy, but it can be done.
    Start Dec '12 | Hi Lg/Lv:Titan/173
    Accounts:
    TH11Hi(515Stars)|TH9Max(1080)|TH9Max(1210)|TH10Lo(1020)|TH10Hi (760)|TH9Hi(310)|2TH9Mid (200+)
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Leo Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by Roynice152 View Post
    It happens but not all that often as most clans are only interested in a merge if the other clan is the one merging with them. In fact the clan that I'm in is possibly going to have another war clan merge with us in a few days. We are both war clans. Some members and leaders from the clan I'm in are over their seeing if we are compatible right now. Those people are warring with them and then coming back and then we will freindly war against them. That's kind of the process my clan is using. And the plan would be for them to merge with us. So those clans do exist but as I said before most want you to merge into theirs.
    Last edited by Rocket32; February 17th, 2017 at 07:34 PM.

Most people that request in in global - no, that won't work. "Bring all your members here." Not really logical when most of that clans members are new people that have no deep connection to the leader anyway.

It works when you have connections, a few war visits, perhaps some mutual clash friends too.
    Any day now they are finally going to make me a global moderator. Yesssssssss

I took a few remaining members from my family clan to a clan that one of my former members would hang with about as much as he stayed with us. The transition went very well for us as both clans had very similar ideals. I had to bite the bullet as my clan had died and reviving it was very difficult, so in the end is was far easier to join the bigger clan.

At a time where I was considering leaving the game; joining a new clan provided the spark needed to jumpstart my clashing.