Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan Bans is unfair.

Clan Bans is unfair.

Believe me when I tell you that I am ALL for fairplay. Modding/Botting gives players unfair advantage and should not be tolerated at any point.

However, here is a scenario that one of my exclan mates is going through right now. So, he has a level 10 clan but the activity recently has decreased tremendously in his clan. So he started to recruit on reddit forums and he got about 8 new players mostly th8 and th9. All was good he could do 20v20 wars again donations were solid chatter was up and general activity was up also.

Fast forward to today. One of his new players got banned a almost max th9 minus his 23/28 heros and most people jumped ship.

So how is he able to recruit new people? Make them take a polygraph? It's just a bad situation and sad really.

I know many of you are going to say "well play with people you know" I mean, even myself I don't know any of my own clanmates in real life. Just people I met playing the game. This clan ban makes people almost paranoid to try and grow their clan. It's simply not good for the game IMO.

I would love to hear some comments on how we can recruit without putting our clan at risk. I have no advice for him.

Also why doesn't Sc just ban account instantly? So nobody can use it at all?
    Last edited by Michael79; February 8th, 2017 at 06:15 PM.

Is it a clan ban? I thought it was all members in the war get a 14 day break. Let them jump ship, you don't want that type. They'll quickly realize it's not the clan but they themselves who cannot war. The good ones will return. The bad ones you don't want.

I agree with the whole clan thing, exspecially if the leader doesn't really know (if you recruit and not know people) BUT it is clearly indicated that is what happens if someone gets caught, don't got to like the rule, but it is the rules, maybe don't recruit people you don't know , I am not sure, its a unfortunate event for your friend, I hope it works out
    Remember everyone, this is the internet, stay fit and have fun

Well they have a war ban for 14 days now.

It's really rather like a teacher taking away five minutes from everyone's recess because a couple kids keep talking out of turn. It's not trying to blame everyone, but about trying to get everyone to do what they can to help address the problem rather than ignore it and let it run rampant.
    "Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped. The success or failure of any given step will have no impact on the macro level." -Red Mage, 8-Bit Theater

Quote Originally Posted by JJ48 View Post
    It's really rather like a teacher taking away five minutes from everyone's recess because a couple kids keep talking out of turn. It's not trying to blame everyone, but about trying to get everyone to do what they can to help address the problem rather than ignore it and let it run rampant.
    Bad analogy. In that case other kids can tell kids to stop talking. It's almost impossible to know if a member is modding.

Quote Originally Posted by sheedy17 View Post
    I agree with the whole clan thing, exspecially if the leader doesn't really know (if you recruit and not know people) BUT it is clearly indicated that is what happens if someone gets caught, don't got to like the rule, but it is the rules, maybe don't recruit people you don't know , I am not sure, its a unfortunate event for your friend, I hope it works out

I have a level 11 clan with 45+ members currently. However, if I had to recruit first thing I would go myself is to go to reddit or the SC subforums to post. I think the majority of people who play this game don't know the people theyre are playing with.... It just makes it difficult that all I'm saying.

Again why doesn't SC just leave the Octopus on and ban people as soon as mod is loaded? That I will never understand.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael79 View Post
    Also why doesn't Sc just ban account instantly? So nobody can use it at all?
    Because that would be incredibly weak security. A mod-maker would simply create a phony account, test out their malicious software, and if it bans the account, they know they need to change. They continue changing it and testing it out over-and-over, each time the system conveniently tells them whether it can be detected. Once it no longer can be detected, they release it to millions of cheaters. That's what we had before. Today, mod makers do not have a convenient and automatic way to test their exploits and no one using them can know if or when they will be banned. Which scenario is more conducive to eradicating cheating?

It sounds like your friend's clan itself wasn't harmed by taking in a cheater outside of other clan members questioning his recruiting practices. However, your friend's clan has received the benefit of Supercell eradicating a low-down, underhanded cheater with poor decision-making skills who would have corrupted the clan and taken other players down (and possibly the whole clan) with him. He should be thankful a cheater has been purged from his clan. I know I would be.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; February 8th, 2017 at 06:31 PM.

SharkyFinn Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 12 - 439 Clan War wins
    TOGA Alliance (#LQJ9GR00): USAR, Adult ! AB, Second Fiddle, Clans Landing
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Millennial Club
    I can understand your frustration OP. I thought for a moment that we'd harboured a modder as he suddenly left mid war with an attack remaining. Turns out he just left and went elsewhere. Didn't need him anyway, someone who uses a lot of goblins in a war attack isn't someone you want to keep.

Anyway, our clan really isn't doing well, even if we did inadvertently get a modder join, I'm sure SC would look at our war record and immediately know we haven't benefited from it

Quote Originally Posted by Michael79 View Post
    Again why doesn't SC just leave the Octopus on and ban people as soon as mod is loaded? That I will never understand.
    And how long would it be before the makers of 3rd party tools figures out how to bypass the octopus if they get unlimited tries? Better to have it run in a way that leaves the makers of those programs guessing .
    Last edited by Roas; February 8th, 2017 at 06:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saleh47 View Post
    I agree with OP. Either adapt to forums with people complaining or quit! Simple as that