Thread: Returning Player, Looking for Advice

Returning Player, Looking for Advice

Hello everyone!

So I recently started up Hay Day again after taking a two year break. WOW, a lot has changed! I am very pleased with some of the new things that have been added such as Neighborhood Requests, Derby Updates, and lots more. I just got my farm to level 42, and my town to level 9. Because I haven't played the game in such a long time, I would like to ask a few questions and look for advice.

Coins... Wow, I forgot how expensive everything is. But challenges are always fun! Right now there are two things that I need to purchase: the Coffee Kiosk in my farm and the Spa in my town. I have been able to make a decent amount of money this past week, but not as much as I would like. I usually plant and harvest lots of Cotton, make Cotton Fabric, and then make tons of Wooly Chaps but even then it still takes a long time. I also make lots of Bacon & Eggs, as well as a lot of other things to make lots of money. I know I should probably have more patience, but is there a more efficient way to make money?

Trees and bushes. I seem to always run out of Blackberries and whatnot... I have around 30 axes and 20 saws, so I have enough to remove the dead ones if I need to. But how many trees/bushes of each kind should I get? Right now I have 3 to 6 depending on the type of plant.

Just general stuff. Ok so right now I am focusing on expanding, but I'm not sure where. I think it would be smart to expand the fishing area to the max first, because I haven't really expanded there at all. Also, is it possible to get maps from harvesting crops? I can never seem to have enough maps. Are treasure chests and townspeople rewards the only way to get them?

Thanks for reading, and happy farming!
    MistHaven
    Level 49 Farm
    I sell products frequently, and always looking to help my friends.
    Friend Code: #U8RQJV2V

Quote Originally Posted by JBird02 View Post
    Hello everyone!

So I recently started up Hay Day again after taking a two year break. WOW, a lot has changed! I am very pleased with some of the new things that have been added such as Neighborhood Requests, Derby Updates, and lots more. I just got my farm to level 42, and my town to level 9. Because I haven't played the game in such a long time, I would like to ask a few questions and look for advice.

Coins... Wow, I forgot how expensive everything is. But challenges are always fun! Right now there are two things that I need to purchase: the Coffee Kiosk in my farm and the Spa in my town. I have been able to make a decent amount of money this past week, but not as much as I would like. I usually plant and harvest lots of Cotton, make Cotton Fabric, and then make tons of Wooly Chaps but even then it still takes a long time. I also make lots of Bacon & Eggs, as well as a lot of other things to make lots of money. I know I should probably have more patience, but is there a more efficient way to make money?

Trees and bushes. I seem to always run out of Blackberries and whatnot... I have around 30 axes and 20 saws, so I have enough to remove the dead ones if I need to. But how many trees/bushes of each kind should I get? Right now I have 3 to 6 depending on the type of plant.

Just general stuff. Ok so right now I am focusing on expanding, but I'm not sure where. I think it would be smart to expand the fishing area to the max first, because I haven't really expanded there at all. Also, is it possible to get maps from harvesting crops? I can never seem to have enough maps. Are treasure chests and townspeople rewards the only way to get them?

Welcome back to farming!

Are you in a neighbourhood? You can ask hoodies to save things like maps for you to buy from them.

There is no hurry to buy the new machines... they will always be there! You can always go back and buy them when you are wealthy

Fishing area is good to expand as there are many diamonds you can earn from fishing.

Trees and bushes - I would suggest that you have 2 rows of, say, raspberries. 2 rows of whatever you like, 2 x 8 perhaps. When they are ready, harvest 1 row and leave the other. When they are all ready again, harvest the 2nd row. Alternate, so you always have a different level of maturity. When you need them revived, plant another set of new ones so they will be ready when you cut the first ones down

You can only get town hardware in town.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask anything else
    Farm 139
    CoC TH11 BhB8 maxed and waiting for 9 AQ 50 BK 46 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by JBird02 View Post
    Hello everyone!

Many questions, hehe! Ok I'll try to answer based on my experience and what I've learned from playing years of this game.

Coins- super important to have specially when u r starting out or at levels where u need to buy machines. After u reach a certain level they will become kind of obsolete but right now u need then. The more the better. To make money I suggest: 1. Stop doing boats or trucks. 2. Work machines 24/7 and make and sell full price on the paper. 3. Don't look at paper for yourself. Don't buy. 4. If u have some diamonds spend them hiring Tom and have him bring u the highest paying item u can sell at your level. Maybe is diamond rings and resell them full price on shop. Do this for two weeks and u will see how much u gather up money wise. ☺

Trees and bushes- I don't find you need a whole lot. In fact just try to find what's a necessary number to just use those fruits to make other products to then sell full price at shop. The more elaborate a product is, the higher it sells for. I never used to sell fruit eventho it does sell very well but it's best not to bc then u run out of saw and axes if you have way more trees and bushes than what the games gives u regarding saws and axes. So, keep a minimal amount. Maybe ten of each max and always do wheating to get many saws and axes as well as other important goodies that u need for your farm. Alternate between wheating and Corning so u can sell both at shop. Silo gets full easily but farm visitors will ask u for the item u have the most or least. If u have tons of wheat they will ask for it and that's when u sell to relief the silo. Meantime u do Corning and sell at shop and back to wheating. Etc. Do this everyday. If u don't have much time, do at least a few rounds every morning and every time before going to bed. It helps tons!

Expansion- depends on what u like to do next. Try to work on building up coins. And don't rush leveling up. U can change your strategy once u have plenty of coins. This way you can easily buy machines as u go up and still play comfortable without being broke for the next one. Fishing area is important. And u have to do it at some point so yeah work on that. Maps u only get from town. Try to join a hood bc people tend to help u a lot this way. Farmers who opened all land will gladly give u land tools etc. I help everyone all the time. Love to. ☺

Anyway hope this helps a little. Happy farming!
    Last edited by Luckyloo; February 11th, 2017 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Spelling and typos