Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "IDEAS & FEATURE REQUESTS FORUM" we need to organize!

"IDEAS & FEATURE REQUESTS FORUM" we need to organize!

I am very glad that a lot of people have a variety of ideas and wants to share them with us . Unfortunately, because of that rapid arrival of new posts, a lot of great ideas are omitted .
    Most of the posts is different from each other, so to organize that chaos I think that dividing the "IDEAS & FEATURE REQUESTS FORUM" to new categories can be greatly useful.
    Pics:
    http://i.imgur.com/iXnRdBv.jpg

Not only is it easier to add posts in the forum but also allow users to finding existing ideas and express opinions about them.

How to create a post and select the appropriate title has become more important than the idea itself.
    Title of the post should be just the name of the card and its type.
    So I think that slightly change the tools for editing posts should encourage users to create more correct cards.
    For exemple adding the button that will easily add a statistics table for cards.
    http://i.imgur.com/yl7tCey.jpg

Last edited by LegionPL; January 31st, 2017 at 05:15 PM.
    My previous posts:
    Check this out !
    Cards: RetreatCommand , Necromancer'sTombArena, CastleSquare !!
    Other:
    ForumOrganization !!

Hmm, sounds interesting, but where would global things like the Global Update Thread go ?
    EDIT : And there should be a "Rejected" sub-subforum, for things like people not speaking English

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudovalide View Post
    Hmm, sounds interesting, but where would global things like the Global Update Thread go ?
    EDIT : And there should be a "Rejected" sub-subforum, for things like people not speaking English
    Based on your post(https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...Titanic-Update)
    I think it would be best to divide it.
    Unfortunately posts that cover so many topics at the same time are quite rare, so creating a separate subsubforum is not profitable
    My previous posts:
    Check this out !
    Other:
    ForumOrganization !!

Daily Bump
    My previous posts:
    Check this out !
    Other:
    ForumOrganization !!

I actually completely agree. If ideas could be organized, things would be far easier to find. Plus, I'd personally love it if "big" ideas could get co-co-located. Like, all the minion/ice spirit spawner ideas can be in one thread, so they aren't clogging up the forum. I think the organization you've suggested would be great (with one potentially issue), and possibly having "parent threads" where a common idea can be grouped together.

The only issue I see is that some sub-sub-forums won't have many people on them. Many fresh spawn come in with crazy card ideas, so the things like game mechanics may not get much attention. Overall, I love the idea.

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about this. People not interested in such matters will ignore that posts whatever where you put them :/
    Last edited by LegionPL; February 17th, 2017 at 04:34 PM.
    My previous posts:
    Check this out !
    Other:
    ForumOrganization !!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage101 View Post
    I actually completely agree. If ideas could be organized, things would be far easier to find. Plus, I'd personally love it if "big" ideas could get co-co-located. Like, all the minion/ice spirit spawner ideas can be in one thread, so they aren't clogging up the forum. I think the organization you've suggested would be great (with one potentially issue), and possibly having "parent threads" where a common idea can be grouped together.

The only issue I see is that some sub-sub-forums won't have many people on them. Many fresh spawn come in with crazy card ideas, so the things like game mechanics may not get much attention. Overall, I love the idea.
    I have doubt that all of the subforums would be used because people will simply post in the most popular one, you know, like they do now.

If sound angry it's because I'm tilted, take nothing personally.
    The Dank Prince - horse rider and Prince of the dankest memes

-| The Official Dank Prince Card Idea Thread |-

Quote Originally Posted by TheDankPrince View Post
    I have doubt that all of the subforums would be used because people will simply post in the most popular one, you know, like they do now.
    I agree. I would definitely like organization, but people may just swarm to the most used forum. Maybe just existing threads could be organized? I still like the idea of all threads of the same idea being put together. But that's really just wishful thinking. It'd take a lot of work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage101 View Post
    I agree. I would definitely like organization, but people may just swarm to the most used forum. Maybe just existing threads could be organized? I still like the idea of all threads of the same idea being put together. But that's really just wishful thinking. It'd take a lot of work to do.
    So if only existing threads are organised then what happens to the new ones? Where do they go? To the most used forum or a random one? Or does the OP get to chose?
    The Dank Prince - horse rider and Prince of the dankest memes

-| The Official Dank Prince Card Idea Thread |-

Quote Originally Posted by TheDankPrince View Post
    So if only existing threads are organised then what happens to the new ones? Where do they go? To the most used forum or a random one? Or does the OP get to chose?
    My thoughts would be thus: when looking at an idea, few people read all the comments on variations. They just read the original post and any edits made to it. So a good way to bring ideas together is to have "sections" in the original post. The first part is the main idea, and the sections split into versions with different stats or even different traits. That way people can easily browse through the various versions and comment on their favorite. Exa:

Freeze: ice spirit spawner!!

Version 1:
    Stats

Version 2
    Different stats

Version 3
    Spawns an ice golem on death!!
    Different stats

Ect.

So you could potentially have balancing done to multiple variations of an idea, and new variations could keep being added. Plus, you'd have tons of views and comments, as the people supporting the idea all go to the same place.

As a closing note, this will not happen. It required someone (like a mod) to be controlling the parent threads, and gethering versions together and making it organized. As the forum is much more "free reign", something like this is unlikely to ever occur. It's just wistful thinking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast