Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 'Citadel' - A war base with an improved designing style!

Probably in some collector,trying to convince it to give up its elixir😆

'Citadel' - A war base with an improved designing style!

Hello everyone!
    As you may know my last attempt at base designing was horrendous but I learnt from it and completely changed my style of base designing. I hope this one is decent
    Presenting to you :-
    The Citadel

A citadel is the core fortified area of a town or city. It may be a fortress, castle, or fortified center. The term is a diminutive of "city" and thus means "little city", so called because it is a smaller part of the city of which it is the defensive core.
    In a fortification with bastions, the citadel is the strongest part of the system, sometimes well inside the outer walls and bastions, but often forming part of the outer wall for the sake of economy. It is positioned to be the last line of defense, should the enemy breach the other components of the fortification system. A citadel is also a term of the third part of a medieval castle, with higher walls than the rest. It was to be the last line of defense before the keep itself.

Contents :

• The base [Full, walls only, scout view, CC]
    • In - depth explanation of features
    • Pros
    • Cons
    • Logs
    • Credits

The base ! v1.0

CC radius

Scout view

Walls only

Note : The GB has been shifted in the AD compartment besides it
    In depth explanation of features :
    1) Anti - drag : Semi centralized ADs. Sweeper forces the attacker to go from either 12-3 O'clock or 4-6 O'clock. The 12-3 side is quite protected as it is i) Far inside the base ii)Loaded with traps (Loon vs. dragon pathing tested)
    The 4-6 side is easy to take out with dragons but 2 things obstruct it : i) Sweeper ii) Storages and SAMs. Also the tesla farm down at 9 will cause a cleanup issue resulting in high 80-90%s

2) Anti - Valk : Compartmental with gaps left in defenses. Tesla farm separated to avoid swing and annihilate. Springs with potential.

3) Anti - gowipe : Shouldn't be much of an issue

4) Anti - hog : Double double + wizard tower (for safety). Bomb tower and GB separated out to force heals. Tesla farm also may force an heal if hog deployment starts from there. Irregular pathing from many drop zones. Functional springs in case of a mass hogs. Ground skellies. 3 forced heal regions (tesla farm, BT, GB) + 1 DD.
    (Thinking of placing the king near sweeper.

Pros :
    • Includes most strategic counters
    • Special focus on traps (tests done)
    • Looks like a face so the attacker might just laugh and fail
    • Anti - Mass Minion (yes that's a thing)
    • Unlurable

Cons :
    • Dragons, being so unpredictable might be an issue for it
    • A skilled mass hog attacker can take out any base @ Th8 even if it's OP
    • King and tesla farm clumped together
    • Not anti mass gob
    • Will be cleared on 2nd hit

Credits :
    - The critics of my last base who made me adopt the correct way to design bases
    - Snowtiger for being my base design inspiration
    - UWA base builders for helping me in editing it
    - User (me) for logs
    So that's it! Hope you liked it Any criticism is welcomed
    Last edited by Smolson; March 14th, 2017 at 01:21 PM.

Trainee
    Nice job! Looks vulnerable to quake, but you can fix this by having a 9 by 9 compartment in the core (like xbow islands)
    One thing you should consider is to make your spring traps work 100 percent of the time, as that is really what stops hog attacks.
    I wouldn't deploy my killsquad on the southwest compartment. The barb king compartment has too much value in my opinion, while the southwest compartment has too little.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremely View Post
    Nice job! Looks vulnerable to quake, but you can fix this by having a 9 by 9 compartment in the core (like xbow islands)
    One thing you should consider is to make your spring traps work 100 percent of the time, as that is really what stops hog attacks.
    I wouldn't deploy my killsquad on the southwest compartment. The barb king compartment has too much value in my opinion, while the southwest compartment has too little.
    Good points! Noted thanks
    That's because you know the tesla farm now right? For the attacker it looks like a single cannon but OK..

Trainee
    Yeah, that's partly true, but an experienced attacker would always put a killsquad at the barbarian king.

Accidentally deleted 2 reserves so here it is for logs and stuff

Last edited by Barcher101; March 10th, 2017 at 11:59 AM.

First off, decent attempt dude. I like the tesla farm and sweeper positioning.

Now for the critique:

EQ over brown zone.

If this was a GoBoDrag army you get all ADs opened up (blue) for the taking thanks to that EQ.
    If this was a GoVaHo army you get all GBs opened up (red) for the taking thanks to that EQ.

Id est, make that anti-EQ able and spread the GBs more.

TH10 | Omega clan family
    Reddit Omega [Clan now retired] |
    Omega Labs | Reddit Omicron

Quote Originally Posted by kartikeya2010 View Post
    First off, decent attempt dude. I like the tesla farm and sweeper positioning.

Now for the critique:

EQ over brown zone.

If this was a GoBoDrag army you get all ADs opened up (blue) for the taking thanks to that EQ.
    If this was a GoVaHo army you get all GBs opened up (red) for the taking thanks to that EQ.

Id est, make that anti-EQ able and spread the GBs more.
    I'll do the core spread in V2.0. Thanks
    There was a note in the OP stating that the GB was shifted right

Banned
    Base looking good, just a few things I noticed:

Defenses way too spread out, and QQ on the staggered CC compartment opens up the whole base, which is GG valks.
    I'd swap BT with that mortar in the DE storage compartment for extra splash.

Other than that looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by SoumilDude View Post
    Base looking good, just a few things I noticed:

Defenses way too spread out, and QQ on the staggered CC compartment opens up the whole base, which is GG valks.
    I'd swap BT with that mortar in the DE storage compartment for extra splash.

Other than that looks good!
    OK .
    Ah then wouldn't the BT and GBs come too close?
    Thanks

Retired from forums, about to retire from CoC and CR.
    Your DGB needs a little pathing work-make sure that hogs don't stray to the sides, and single bomb could be placed elsewhere.
    Retired on Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmaka3m View Post
    Sometimes I want to smash my head into a wall after checking the forums. I don't know how mods survived this long on the forums.
    Awesome sig made by KingKappa, who unfortunately is retired.