Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 'Breaking the Barriers for Love' contest..

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

'Breaking the Barriers for Love' contest..

Contest Terms and Conditions

Welcome to the very first contest that crosses the borders of all the Supercell games!

We want you to

Create Your Own

Valentines!

Using Clash, Clash Royale, Boom Beach and Hay Day images.

Rules:

1) There are 4 games so we will allow UP TO 4 entries per person. It's up to you how you use them. You can feature only your favorite game. Or you can mix them all up and go crazy. You create whatever you want to create. (The above images are featuring each game separately just for fun and to include all games equally and are in no way intended to be an example of how or what you create)

2) You have up to 4 entries. You can post only one or up to four in one game...or one in each game's thread, or three in one game and one in another....however you want to do it. But all winners will receive the game currency of the game they win in. So if you don't play a game, do not post in their thread. There will be no exchanging of prizes.

3) Each entry can only be submitted one time and must feature the game it is posted in predominately. It is okay to use any images or characters from other games mixed in...but it must be clear that your entry is for the game that you are posting it in.

4) All entries must be posted by the end of day, on February 14th. (Pacific time zone) Winners will be announced the following week.

5) Moderators and Staff are not eligible to win any prizes. But at the end of the contest, we will open a poll and let you vote on your favorites out of the mods and staff who participate.

6) GASP's are not included in the voting process and are therefore eligible to participate in the contest. (Yes, even you, Fette )

7) Nothing vulgar, mean or against forum rules.

8) No reserving posts. All posts saying "reserved for future use", or anything like that, will be removed.

*As this is the first time running a contest including all games, rules may be added or changed as needed.

Prizes:

There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner in EACH game. There will also be one overall grand prize winner. The prizes will be equal in value across the games. If you were to purchase $5 (random amount) in any of the 4 games, you would get different amounts of game currency. So if you see one game get 1200 gems and one get 500 diamonds, and so on...just remember that they are all of equal value across the board.

Since some of the prizes may include some Supercell SWAG, if you happen to win, we will be asking for your addresses. They will be held in the strictest of confidence, but if you are not comfortable giving out that information, you might not want to enter.

There is no swapping of prizes. If you win in the Hay Day forum, you will receive Hay Day game currency. (Diamonds) You cannot say that you play Clash Royale too and ask if you can switch the winnings to CR game currency. (Gems) You're stuck with the prize for that forum's game...so make sure you are posting in the correct area.

Judging will not be based on who gives us the most professional looking ones. We want to see your creativity and are open to all levels of ability.

Prizes will be announced when the winners are chosen. But they will definitely be worth trying for! They may or may not include....

• An ill fitting Hawaiian shirt from smolson...slightly worn. (Offered up by the man himself).
    • A romantic date with LachNessMeownster...only available on June 31st.
    • From sneakymaori...the splintered remains of the last stick that tried to poke the bear...hand still attached.
    • A scratched pair of neon sunglasses from Nick.
    • Holps drew his pistols on me when I asked for the hat...but I talked him into letting go of an old boot.
    • A half eaten apple from Rlight.
    • A partially filled in puzzle book from meonhoc where she wrote 'kitten' for every answer.
    • 3 one hour classes from Kolonistje1 where she will teach you how to properly pronounce her forum name.
    • One of twister's failed pumpkin pies.
    • 6 pieces of gum from ilovehayday....only slightly chewed.
    • A used tissue from Marika.
    • A clock that is stuck on 6:21 from Bakunin. (It's right twice a day!)
    • One of alexheney's old toothbrushes.
    • Nail clippings from AxionXd.
    • One kitty sock from Anoushka with a tiny hole in it.
    • A random can of food from Tim.
    • A used butterfly sticker from me...but don't worry...I will peel it off very carefully.
    • And from Sharky....in his own words....

• "10 grains of actual, high quality Atlantic Ocean beach sand. Don't be fooled by artificial sand. This is the real stuff. Silica-based with a proprietary blend of quartz and feldspar. Enjoy a day at the beach from the comforts of your living room. Why expose yourself to ultraviolet radiation and pesky seagulls? Kid recommended, mother approved."

So there you have it! It's time to get cross cultural (game wise) and get creative! Show us what you've got and have a whole bunch of fun with it! We're excited to see what you all can come up with! And we encourage all of you to check out the other game forums General sections to see all of the fun entries!

I want to personally thank Evertonjeff for creating the top two valentines for me. He made them absolutely incredible! He definitely deserves an honorable mention and maybe a little bit of SWAG for working so hard.

I would also like to thank Smolson who did the bottom two valentines. He also has gone out of his way to create a guide for any of you who are like me, and know nothing about how to make these things. It's easier than I had feared. So I expect everyone to give it a shot....even if you think you don't know how. Just follow along below.

Last edited by Raindragon; February 2nd, 2017 at 05:10 PM.

The Dragon is a mighty flying unit that can attack both ground and air targets.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Guide to creating valentines and posting them on the forums:
    Created by Smolson

How can I make my valentines card?

There is actually a free image editor online you can use called pixlr. Access the web app by visiting https://pixlr.com/editor/

You can use this app to edit images and save them to your computer

You will however need to have an updated version of flash to be able to run the web app. If you can't update your flash player then perhaps you might be better suited to download another free image editor. There is a free one you can download that is called Gimp. You can get it here https://www.gimp.org/

If you are unsure how to use either of these programs don't fear there are several tutorials on the web that should help you figure it out. They should be rather easy to use if you are at all familiar with photoshop. Even if you aren't I think you will figure it out

https://support.pixlr.com/hc/en-us/c...Tips-Templates
    https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

One more place to try, if neither of these work for you is an app in the App Store called Axiem.
    Supposed to be very easy to use.

And down below...if you are having trouble using imgur to get a pic into your posts here...try http://tinypic.com

How do I post an image to the forums so that it shows up in my post?

One very easy way to do this is to use the image hosting site http://imgur.com/

Once you get to the site the easiest way to upload your picture is to paste it. (ctrl +v) But you can also upload the image if you would like. Simply use the green button at the top of the page that says "new post"

Once your image has been uploaded you need to get the BBcode share link and use that in your post. To do this click the arrow down in the right corner of your image (circled red) and then select "get share links" (also circled red)

Then all you need to do is select the copy button under where it says "BBcode (forums)"

Finally, just paste the Link into the body of your post and the image will appear!

The code will look something like this in your post before you submit your post

Last edited by Raindragon; February 4th, 2017 at 07:28 AM.

Oh this is awesome, look forward to seeing the entries!

I did make images many moons ago with GIMP...if I get some time maybe I'll dust it off and try one myself!
    Former Clasher
    Hay Day Farmer Lv 79, Town 23
    Of Chill Reputations - A different way to farm

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by daz258 View Post
    Oh this is awesome, look forward to seeing the entries!

I did make images many moons ago with GIMP...if I get some time maybe I'll dust it off and try one myself!
    Awesome! I might have to try that and see if it works. There appears to be an update required for the pixlr site. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

I feel sorry for raindragon as hay day is pretty inactive in GFX designers lol

Youtube channel|MY AMA|#SavetheForums|Signature shop|
    Quote Originally Posted by Stew00m View Post
    I'm a th11 in champs, if anyone has a cool car, hot girlfriend/wife, or any money there not using shoot me a pm.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Killercheese View Post
    Still plenty of time, killer! I have faith in the Hay Day community! I got my start here. They are some really creative people!

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by Raindragon View Post
    ...I have faith in the Hay Day community! I got my start here. They are some really creative people!
    Welcome back to the HD subforum after a long hiatus.
    What the hell?
    The L entity is as elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Been so long since I used GIMP, trying to remember how to use it. haha.

Anyway come up with this.

Former Clasher
    Hay Day Farmer Lv 79, Town 23
    Of Chill Reputations - A different way to farm

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Welcome back to the HD subforum after a long hiatus.
    Thanx! I peek in from time to time still! Hay Day will always have my heart.

Hahahaha! Awesome, daz! Great job!

Alright, Hay day! Let's keep 'em coming now!

This is so cute! and Yay GIMP!

Quote Originally Posted by Killercheese View Post
    But this could be excellent for Hay Dayers that make graphics. Fewer entries mean better chance of winning a prize.
    farm 142 ~ town 41 ~ hay day friend book [ closed ]

of chill reputations - a different kind of Hay Day neighborhood
    now under the warm and deft leadership of Bont1ng.