Tired of facing Barbarians, Hogs and Giants? Feel like smashing in their faces?
Well, have I got news for you.
The Dark Lord is not pleased with them either, so it's time to join the dark side and stop these half naked beardy bastards once and for all!
Theme deck: Dark Lords army
- Skeleton Army
- Mini PEKKA
Average elixir cost: 3.9
Evil troops all around, combined with some electric damage for the atmosphere.
So how does it work?
This deck is all centered around the PEKKA. Play her in the back, then support her for a strong push.
Where it actually shines, is its ability to put pressure in two lanes at once.
Often I start the game by putting PEKKA in the back, supported by Witch as she helps defend the PEKKA from Skeletons and Minions. On itself this is a push to beware, but once it reaches the bridge, I either do one of these things: add more support to the push (Bomber, Minions), OR - in most cases - start a push in the other lane with mini PEKKA (supported with Minions or Skarmy if possible) or Skarmy.
At this point your opponent has to decide very quickly how to defend.
One push is slow, but very strong, the other one is fast and also a big threat. Both are VERY lethal too: get one of them to a tower and that tower is pretty much done for.
This often results in an opponent acting too late or panicky and dividing his defenses... usually to the point that he manages to stop the small push, but fails to stop the big gun.
Some opponents will even miss the second attack, being all focused on the PEKKA.
Of course, you can always try other, smaller pushes with this deck too. Witch + Minions, mini PEKKA + Skarmy, mini PEKKA + Witch... some combinations can be very effective.
One rule to keep in mind with the PEKKA: never send it out alone. This is just asking for trouble.
Always support it with either the Witch or Minions (if you know your opponent plays Skeletons/air troops) or the Bomber/Skarmy (note: only if you're sure your opponent can't counter with any type of Minion at that point).
So this is how the offense works. How about the defense?
Well Tesla on itself already does a great job here. A very underappreciated card, but really strong against: small units, air units, Hogs, medium health range units (Wizard, Musketeer) and slow tanks (Valkyrie, Giant).
Its high DPS is what helps it so much. Combine this with Minions, Skarmy and/or Bomber (Witch against air attacks) and you can stop pretty much anything.
Here's how I counter certain popular cards and combos.
- EB: many counters possible. Skarmy on itself. Zap + Bomber in the middle. Bomber to lure them to the middle (Tesla/Skarmy works too) + Minions to finish them off. Plus, Tesla, Witch and mini PEKKA can also severely damage them. Lastly, PEKKA on itself completely chops them to pieces. Do not deploy her directly in front of the EB though.
- Hog: Tesla is a perfect counter on itself. Next to that, Skarmy or Minions. Mini PEKKA can also kill him with two strikes.
- Giant/Royal Giant/Golem: these guys don't stand a chance. Skarmy. Minions. Tesla to distract and severely damage them (note: against the Royal Giant, place the Tesla a little higher in the middle to successfully lure him). Witch, mini PEKKA, PEKKA: all do very high damage. Whenever I see someone play a Giant or Golem, I wait for it to pass the bridge, then chop it to pieces. This leaves you with a very strong counterattack.
- Ranged attackers (Musketeer, Wizards, Princess, Sparky): Tesla deals with Musks and Wizards on itself, for others I like to play Skarmy on them as soon as they pass the bridge, or Minions if they're non-splash range attackers. Bomber also works well against Princess. Minions too; wait until she locks on your Tesla or tower, then deploy them.
- Air strikes: once again, Tesla. Tesla can kill Balloon on its own very well, then escape its death damage. Lava Hound dies real quick against the Tesla too. Mega Minion stands no chance, neither do the Dragons. Minions go down pretty fast, though you might need a Zap. Against heavy air strikes (Lavaloon) I play Witch defensively and time my Zap well (often when the pups appear).
- Graveyard: Minions, Skarmy, Bomber, even Witch can all work well here.
- X-bow/Mortar: here's a fun trick. Siege buildings are often placed near the bridge. When they are, plant the Tesla close to it. It will distract the siege building and with its high DPS, it will take out the X-bow or Mortar without much effort.
Of course, there are also cards to beware of.
- Small swarms (Skeletons, Goblins)
- Inferno Dragon
- Inferno Tower
Inferno cards can shut down a PEKKA push pretty fast. Zap helps, so make sure to save this card for those match-ups. Minions help out as well.
Tornado can group your push and throw in some splash damage to stop it. It's best not to rely on a big push in those matches. The same accounts for Poison, it's better to spread your forces.
Good news is, most of these cards aren't played very much in the current meta so in most cases you're pretty much good to go.
Replacements that fit the theme
- Minion/Skarmy for the Guards
- Witch/Bomber for Executioner
- Bomber/Minions/Skarmy for Mega Minion
- Tesla for Tombstone or Lightning
- Mini PEKKA/Bomber for Dark Prince
From experience I can say this is a very effective deck. I test a lot of decks, and whenever I feel like ranking up the ladder I always use this one (I'm in legendary arena by the way, troops being tournament standard level). Its win rate is very high, and it's more likely to get draws with this deck than to actually lose a game once you've got the hang of it.
Summarized, if you feel like chopping up annoying meta cards... join the Dark Side!