Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Lord deck (anti-meta)

Great to hear that buddy! Keep up the good work!

I updated this guide for the Executioner, since it fits the theme very well.
    I also added some possible replacements if the deck in its current format is not working out for you.
    Feel free to try!

On an unremarkable planet orbiting a forgettable star
    No DP? Disappointing...

You should also do a fire themed deck.
    "Calling Sparky a Trash Can on Wheels hurts her feelings."

You heard it from the Clash Royale team, guys.

Hehe you're right, he should be in too. Added the Dark Prince as possible replacement for either Bomber or Mini PEKKA as he has about a similar role.

I was thinking about that! Also about an ice theme deck. For that one I already had a deck with Ice Spirit, Ice Golem and Ice Wiz that worked quite well so far. Will share it if I find an even better build for it.
    For the fire theme I'm considering Lava Hound with Furnace, Fireball and Inferno Tower at least. Others that fit that theme are Wizard, Fire Spirits and the Dragons but I'll try and see what works best .

Not meant as a necro move for this thread, but I felt like sharing my latest 'Dark Lord' deck with ya.
    When I started playing it, I was back at 2900 trophies since I played a different (and not so great) deck before that.
    After a good series of games I'm nearing the 3400 trophies now, which is a new trophy record for me so, yeah... this deck works.

My cards are at tournament levels by the way.

- Zap
    - Minions
    - Poison
    - Mini PEKKA
    - Dark Prince
    - Tesla
    - Executioner
    - PEKKA

Use PEKKA + Executioner as your main push. Deploy mini PEKKA on the other lane if you can to distract your opponent and make things easier for your PEKKA attack. Keep Zap close at hand to kill swarms or stun defenders.
    When not pushing, you can use Poison to take out Furnaces, Elixir Collectors and other nasty buildings. Tesla will stop most enemies pretty well with its high DPS (such as: flying enemies, Wizards, Valkyrie, Hog, Executioner). Against Royal Giant, play preferably PEKKA or Mini PEKKA - in combination with Executioner (or Zap/Poison) if you expect a lot of small backup for the Giant.
    My biggest gun however is a surprise Dark Prince + Minions play. Play this combination at the right moment, and it wins you the game. On itself it's already a tough charge to stop, as the Dark Prince's shield makes it spell resistant. Throw a Fireball on it and the Prince will still damage a tower badly.
    If needed you can keep Zap ready for plays like Minion Horde. It won't kill them by itself but the stun effect will make sure the Prince's charge hits.
    I like to play PEKKA in one lane, and as soon as my opponent starts dropping defenses, I play Dark Prince + Minions in the other lane and continue supporting my PEKKA. This will put your opponent under big pressure - the smaller push WILL destroy a tower when unstopped. Also, Dark Prince on itself is great for stopping ground swarms, high damage units and Sparky.

Feel free to try it out!
    Last edited by Morrack; February 16th, 2017 at 10:14 PM.

I've seen P.E.K.K.A. more as a counterpusher, starting on offence then being supported by AoE troops when she crosses the bridge. Neverthless this deck looks solid at 4k.
    The Dank Prince - horse rider and Prince of the dankest memes
    When cycle deck users complain that Golem's use rate indicates the need for a nerf, but fail to mention the fact that Hog has been meta since 2016...
    -| The Official Dank Prince Card Idea Thread |-

Thanks! Great to hear that. Curious to see how far it'll take me.
    I sometimes play the PEKKA as a counterpusher too. It's the versatility that I like about this deck, when one tactic doesn't really work I can try something else.

Would replacing the Tesla for the Inferno be a good choice? I noticed you don't have much to counter the Lava Hound in this deck, so would that be a suitable replacement?

Also, my Tesla is Level 7 and I don't want to spend the gold to upgrade it.
    IGN: Aero
    Clash of Clans: Level 124 Town Hall 9 F2P - Reached 3276
    Clanless
    Clash Royale: Level 10 F2P - Reached 3313
    Elite Kingdom Elder

Inferno Tower would work well too, yes. Though with Lava Hound I'm not having much of an issue. Tesla already does a great job of distracting and damaging the Hound, plus the Minions, Poison and the (still bugged) Executioner help a lot.
    Feel free to use Inferno though!

Pro Member
    Why no Dark Prince??? There can be no Dark Lord army without its leader, the DARK PRINCE!

I have been using this deck the entire morning, and I have to say, it is hands - down the most powerful thing I've played with. I dropped down to 2500 for some experimentation (always remembering to at least let the other guys have a tower if I'm dominating the game) and I pushed 400 trophies in one morning (I have no life).

Deck:

- Zap
    - Minions
    - Skeleton Army/Tombstone
    - Mini PEKKA/Dark Prince
    - Bomber/Dart Goblin
    - Inferno Tower/Tesla
    - Executioner/Witch
    - PEKKA
    Average Elixir Cost: 4.0

Record: 15 wins/1 loss (ridiculously experienced Golem player, hats off to him)/0 draws

I am super pleased with it, and I hope it can push me up higher than my personal best
    Tips:

If you are playing against a Royal Giant user, do not be discouraged if he does lots of damage. This deck is extremely well suited against the Royal Giant, with the PEKKA and Mini PEKKA for huge damage and the Executioner for dealing with the support. My second match using this deck, I played a high level Royal Giant, and he got me down to 1490 health on my tower before Double Elixir, even countering random Mini PEKKAs I sent down the other lane to distract him. However, once Double Elixir hit, he didn't touch my tower again, with me using my Bomber + Executioner + PEKKA combo to constantly keep him on the defensive. As long as he doesn't take your tower before Double Elixir, just continue applying the pressure. Comebacks exist with this deck.

If you're playing against an Electro Wizard of any kind, and it's used as support, utilize the living hell out of your Skeleton Army. Your Inferno Tower is your best bet against Giants, Hog + Ice Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Golem, Royal Giant and Giant Skeleton pushes. If the Electro Wizard locks onto the Inferno, may God be with your. it will tear that thing apart, and leave you defenseless against a larger push. Even if the Skeleton Army does nothing else, distracting the Electro Wizard or killing it entirely is more than enough value.

I would recommend the Executioner over the Witch for a few main reasons.
    1. He is better against spawners, especially the Furnace. While the 1 second deploy time for the PEKKA has increased its defensive and countering value, it has also made it harder to build up for big pushes. If you play the Executioner in the back, not only can it protect you from spawners like the Furnace (which the Witch can't deal with as well), but it can also waste more time, allowing you to save up for the PEKKA.
    2. The Executioner is more tanky. At tournament standards, a Lightning will be able to kill your Witch, but it won't kill the Executioner. The Lightning might get value on the Witch, but certainly not on the Executioner.
    3. The double hit makes it do much more damage than the Witch. Thanks to the double hit, the Executioner easily outplays the Witch when dealing with the Skeleton Army, Minions and other such small troops that can kill your PEKKA. Also, there is also a chance that the Executioner will hit the tower, causing more damage. There's just more value that comes from the Executioner on offense.

For anything else, you can ask the maker of this deck, Morrack himself.
    IGN: Aero
    Clash of Clans: Level 124 Town Hall 9 F2P - Reached 3276
    Clanless
    Clash Royale: Level 10 F2P - Reached 3313
    Elite Kingdom Elder

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast