Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: SC - Please Break Your Silence On Engineered Bases

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyDragon View Post
    I think they've said they've tweaked the matchmaking multiple times, but it's had minimal effect -- just look at the "are you engineered" thread ( https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...red-One-Or-Not ).

I'd really like to see them announce something, as Clash Tutor mentioned in her video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqEDr3BHAjk ).

BTW, I'd also like to hear what they think about folks under-upgrading high-weight defenses before going to the next townhall level.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExclusiveInvicta View Post
    Who are you to say it has had minimal effect? Perhaps you missed the fact that many engineered clans are struggling to win post-October and a notable one Winterfell Gods closed shop. Developed .5s have also taken a hit and many big streaks have been broken. Please do not spread misinformation.
    X.5's have taken a hit -- agreed... but, if you think they've affected engineered bases, take a look at thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...red-One-Or-Not
    Hmm... where are you getting your info from?

I'm also seeing an increase in engineered bases in our clan matchups.

My clan has th9s as our top bases. For example, the opposition has:

1. This war: 1-canon th10 as their bottom base (full-spells, troop space, queen).
    2. Prev war: th11 (full troop&cc space, spells, L6 dragons, queen, ... etc)
    3. Prev-prev war: 1/4 of their bases were engineered
    Nightmare Guild stopped warring over it, and Blombardo posted a ton of complaints over the changes. It's definitely harder to successfully engineer consistent laughers than it used to be, and it's easier to set your war roster up to face only balanced competition. However, the issue is that many clans that used to forego engineering of any kind are now dipping their toes into the waters, not realizing that doing so causes you to have a greatly increased chance of facing even more engineered competition. It's a vicious circle, I recommend to all clans to just upgrade bases as they always have, with perhaps the one thing you can get away with being early .5 at th9-11 while you get a few key offensive upgrades done.

Here's a link to a good thread discussing this issue:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...mpetitive-wars
    Last edited by MossackFonseca; January 17th, 2017 at 04:41 PM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by dorsan View Post
    Notice the bolded and the underlined parts of your post.

I am asking you now:
    Why are you so hell bent on making people play a game a certain way?
    you missed the "OR" in his post. He is just saying it is your last resort if option 1 and option 2 fails.

Forum Elder
    From my small perspective into the coc community the only real change ive noticed is .5 is less effective, perhaps the highly engineered clans are having longer searches and tougher opponents but its still a viable route for advantage. Im hopefull more balance comes soon because from what i see all thats happening is people are becoming more engineered to still have the advantage not deciding to go the max route. Just to be clear i dont want anyone to play any certain way i just dont want 1 play style to have a clear advantage.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    You asked the same question in a similar thread 3 days ago.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-Fix-Solution

Also, from Anoushka :-

Quote Originally Posted by Anoushka[Supercell] View Post
    Hey all,How is Supercell working towards balancing Clan Wars matchmaking?
    With every update there is the normal round of war matchmaking balance, and that will always shift things a bit. New troops/defenses/levels/stat changes get incorporated and weights are rebalanced according to troop usage and effectiveness.
    In the last update we rolled out a couple of adjustments so that "lopsided" bases/clans don't have that much advantage as before, and the more extreme cases of lopsided clans will have a harder time finding a match, and will be matched with tougher opponents. We firmly believe in a good balance and will continue to monitor things and to roll out small (or bigger) adjustments to war matchmaking with every update."
    I got a big kick out of Blombardo's complaint post-patch that it took him FOUR DAYS to find a war match...

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dorsan View Post
    Notice the bolded and the underlined parts of your post.

I am asking you now:
    Why are you so hell bent on making people play a game a certain way?
    To be fair, he isn't asking the game to be modified to fit his play style and forcing other players to play like him.

I think they've said they've tweaked the matchmaking multiple times, but it's had minimal effect -- just look at the "are you engineered" thread ( https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...red-One-Or-Not ).

I'd really like to see them announce something, as Clash Tutor mentioned in her video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqEDr3BHAjk ).

BTW, I'd also like to hear what they think about folks under-upgrading high-weight defenses before going to the next townhall level.

I love the utube video. well said, well thought, well done.......perfect solution IMO.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigzard View Post
    I just don't understand the big deal. Why are people so hell bent on making people play a game a certain way? This isn't agains the TOA, nobody has done anything wrong, they are just playing the game how they want to. Not everything in life fits into your perfect bubble. Not every war can be won by every clan. Get better as a clan, drop some players, or get some engineered bases yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicCharlie View Post
    No one cares if you have a lvl1 cannon only defense and lvl6 drags, were just asking supercell to match you in war with another lvl1 cannon lvl6 drag base instead of a th5. That way you get to play the game with like minded individuals who enjoy the challenge of going defenseless and only having one good troop.
    Awesome reply CosmicCharlie. SC is willing to tolerate engineering within a certain range b/c that makes people feel like they can "upgrade like they want". The issue, as always, is that there are always some people who push the boundaries too far and take away the fun from others. If that happens once in a blue moon, say like modding is today, then there isn't much complaint b/c it's way better than it used to be and hardly ever happens, anyway. However, when it starts to happen often to many clans then it can become a threat to the long-term viability of the war scene, which then becomes a threat to long-term viability of the game. Which gets us to where we are today with the devs working diligently to improve matchmaker and generally making it harder to engineer than it used to be.

fyi, for those who don't want to match engineers, don't "engineer" yourself and you won't match them. Don't permabase at .5. Don't dump th3's on bottom of your war roster. Keep a reasonably-close spread of th's in your war roster. Oh, and recognize that if you win a very high % of your wars then you're going to get some serious mismatches.
    Last edited by MossackFonseca; January 17th, 2017 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigzard View Post
    I just don't understand the big deal. Why are people so hell bent on making people play a game a certain way? This isn't agains the TOA, nobody has done anything wrong, they are just playing the game how they want to. Not everything in life fits into your perfect bubble. Not every war can be won by every clan. Get better as a clan, drop some players, or get some engineered bases yourself.
    You talk about forcing players to play a certain way but fail to realize that engineers are the ones doing the forcing. Wars are to the point that if you don't engineer you're wasting your time with war.

My question to you is, what happens when every clan has an engineered lineup? Is it going to be fun for you to attack trash bases with maxed troops and heroes? Think outside the box. What you're ruining for maxed players, you're also ruining for yourselves. All the time and money you've spent scraping by with little to no defense is going to be wasted time.

Had no problem with engineering clans easy 3 star bases

Quote Originally Posted by xXXCHRISXXx View Post
    You talk about forcing players to play a certain way but fail to realize that engineers are the ones doing the forcing. Wars are to the point that if you don't engineer you're wasting your time with war.

My question to you is, what happens when every clan has an engineered lineup? Is it going to be fun for you to attack trash bases with maxed troops and heroes? Think outside the box. What you're ruining for maxed players, you're also ruining for yourselves. All the time and money you've spent scraping by with little to no defense is going to be wasted time.
    Wasted time to whom? To you? Again, my point still holds. Who are others to say that I (I'm not, I'm a max 11) can and can't do what I want with my account. If I decide to make an engineered base, that's my prerogative.

If I was to then come on the forums and complain about time wasted making it after (if) SC does something to match-ups, I could see your point. As of this moment, people who have engineered bases are just playing the game smarter than those who don't have them. If engineered bases are truly destroying your war record, I'm going to guess its not solely the engineered bases itself that has you losing.

I don't care who I hit with my troops and heroes as long as we win. I'd hit a th 9 if it needed to be done.