Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] How to start building a base

Post [Guide] How to start building a base

Hi, I'm a coleader of Reddit Force and a base builder for the CWL team Terps Win B1G. I'm starting to write guides and tips for base building for my team and will also be sharing them with the public. Enjoy. http://hakjai.weebly.com/features/how-to-start

How to start building a base

Building a base is just like attacking a base, just in reverse. When breaking down a base for an attack, the attacker usually analyzes the base to see which attack style the base is weakest to. This is done by looking at the major objectives and seeing which ones are easiest to grab.

Major objectives

• CC
    • AQ
    • AD (1 or more)
    • DGB (old meta)
    • Tesla Farm
    • IT
    • Eagle

Minor objectives

• Giant Bombs/Bomb Tower
    • Sweepers
    • Spring traps
    • Black/Red air bombs
    • BK
    • etc.

The ease of getting these objectives, especially with a Kill Squad usually shows what the base is weak against and dictates the type of attack to use to defeat the base. Therefore, as a builder, you want to make it as hard as possible for the attacker to achieve major objectives to increase the chance that the attack will fail. For TH9 it is impossible to defend against every type of attack. It is usually best to pick a few and defend those and make it hard for the rest.

This is the reason why you don't often see the Tesla Farm next to the Queen or why you don't see grouped AD's or too many AD's near the Queen, or why you don't put a DBG near the Queen. You want to separate these major objectives as much as possible to make it difficult for the attacker to achieve them. This is often why I put my Tesla Farm on the opposite side of the base from my Queen so it's hard as possible for a KS to get both. Making these objectives hard to achieve helps your base defend against the associated attacks.

Start with your major objectives

Many base building resources say to start by building the AQ Compartment. I like how Luke says to start with AD defense placement. I think the best place to start is by placing your major objectives in their general location.

• Do you want a centralized , offest, or exposed CC?
    • What quadrant do you want to put your AQ and how deep into your base is she?
    • What configuration do you want your ADs to be in?
    • How deep or exposed do you want them? Where do you want to put your Tesla Farm?
    • etc.

Once you've placed the major objectives, start adding walls, placing other defenses in a roughly balanced (balanced does not necessarily mean symmetrical) manner, and adding trash.

​Hope this is enough to get you started.

It's a very nice guide and I appreciate your effort but this is more of a guide for th9+. You talk about queen placement and tesla farms which you don't get until th9. Can you please make a guide like this for lower town hall levels. Appreciate the post and sorry if I sound like I'm criticizing you.
    I am the master of Rick Rolling. Also, Here is my favourite cat video of all time:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Looks good! Hope you keep updating the website

Retired from forums, about to retire from CoC and CR.
    Nice job! I always find it hard to get started.

Since the loon buff came out, I think semper invicta had bases with all ADs and queen stacked on one side and everything else on the other. Would work I think.
    Retired on Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmaka3m View Post
    Sometimes I want to smash my head into a wall after checking the forums. I don't know how mods survived this long on the forums.
    Awesome sig made by KingKappa, who unfortunately is retired.

Probably in some collector,trying to convince it to give up its elixir😆
    nice to see a fellow base builder

One additional thing I've found is that if you have a specific feature or concept you want to try (a certain type of killzone, AD placement, aq placement) it's often best to build the rest of the base around that. I personally almost always start with AQ and basic wall structure, then move on to any major killzone or feature I want to use, then structure remaining walls while taking the 'feature''s location into account (if that makes sense).

I think everyone has their own preferred way of how to start a base though (in terms of AQ first, ADs first, cc first, etc). Very nice guide, and I'm looking forward to your future ones!
    Last edited by Jag00; January 8th, 2017 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHuntress View Post
    Nerf Alert! Stay calm and do not panic. Please quietly exit the thread in a single file line.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearGobs View Post
    Nice job! I always find it hard to get started.

Since the loon buff came out, I think semper invicta had bases with all ADs and queen stacked on one side and everything else on the other. Would work I think.
    Hey man, could u send me an example of this kind of base? I am getting wrecked with laloon lately.

I am 9.5 tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshin991 View Post
    It's a very nice guide and I appreciate your effort but this is more of a guide for th9+. You talk about queen placement and tesla farms which you don't get until th9. Can you please make a guide like this for lower town hall levels. Appreciate the post and sorry if I sound like I'm criticizing you.
    No problem at all! I should say that my guides will be for War Bases. The same concepts apply for lower level bases. It's just the number of objectives decreases with every TH level. There are also less viable attacks. TH9 probably has the most number of different strategies you have to defend against making it, imo, the most interesting TH level. Off the top of my head (we don't war with any of these so I'm not that familiar anymore), the attacks you have to defend against:

TH8: Dragloon, Mass Hogs/GoHo, Valks (GoVa*)
    TH7: Drags
    TH6: Healers Giants Hogs
    TH5 and below ???? (I have no idea).

Objectives are only:
    • CC
    • AD
    • Sweepers
    • Giant bombs

Same concepts apply, place these down, then probably storages/TH as buffers, other defenses, etc.

Yeah. We matched North Watchers in CWL this past weekend. Interesting to see new meta bases and how everything is going to shake out.

Banned
    Guide looks great!