Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Justice for my 2014 Christmas Tree

Trainee

Unhappy Justice for my 2014 Christmas Tree

Dear Supercell community, I have reached out to Supercell twice and both times they responded quickly, but were unable to help, so now I am reaching out to the community as my last hope to somehow change their minds. I'm hoping if the community bands together and this gets enough attention maybe Supercell will notice and have pity on me. My Clash of Clans account has to be well over 3 years old by now, and although I'm not the most active player, I still love to take part in the seasonal events. By looking at my base you'll see that I collect the Halloween and Christmas special obstacles, and I have done so since 2013. In the past 48 hours the appearance of this years 2016 Christmas tree on my base reignited my passion for Clash of Clans and for a short moment I became extremely active again. I was burning gems and attacking like a mad man. But in this frenzy, I cleared some normal obstacles on my base to make room for a more suitably placed 2016 tree(hoping for one o the outer edge of the base), and it appears that I accidentally cleared my 2014 Christmas Tree (R.I.P). Now from prior knowledge I assume that they cannot roll back my account as that would affect the live server on a whole. From contacting Supercell and reading the forums I understand that they cannot simply give me a tree because that would mean I am essentially getting free resources due to the resources gained from clearing the tree. What I have said to them is that I will gladly give up those resources, they can have ALL my gold and elixer, I just want my 2014 tree back. Both times I was told they could do nothing about it, and that I need to be more careful, and that I can wait for more 2016 trees to spawn. Now here's the thing, yes i missed out on the 2012 Christmas tree as I did not have an account yet, so I have cut my losses there, but the 2013, 2015 and 2016 tree means nothing while the 2014 tree is missing as I have been so careful to hold onto it for this long. I refuse to accept that there is absolutely nothing that can be done. My collection is now broken, my fire feels like its been placed at the bottom of the ocean. I don't know what more to say, I just want my tree back.

If you cleared the tree, It is gone. Nothing can be done, and nobody here is more reliable than support. No resolution to this, sorry.

You answered your post by yourself . Nothing we can do

No tree for you!

if you find a way to get it back, let me know, I'd love to get back all the obstacles that my kids cleared prior to last halloween
    What is a southern teaser?
    She takes drinks from you all night but then gets her own taxi
    TH 11,HEROES 50/48/20 GG 2BIL,EE 2BIL,HH 16mil STARS 2106, iVORY 125,MAGMA 175
    OneHive Invicta/Swarm - Officially Retired

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    1 starring all of the bases in the galaxy
    You can refuse to accept it but that's the cold hard truth. If support can't give you the tree back then neither can the community. Not to mention the dangerous precedent that would set. SC would likely find themselves inundated with requests to restore past obstacles onto bases. Sadly this is a consequence of haste that you will have to live with.

I know how you feel I was playing in 2013 and foolishly cleared my first Christmas tree thinking I'd get another one. I never did, I regret it every day.
    Last edited by RJL; December 21st, 2016 at 09:17 PM.
    RJL
    TH 11 | Level 170

Trainee
    Sir, if you read the post, you'd understand its not here to appeal to those of you that are going to sit there and tell me there is nothing that can be done. This post was made in the hopes of rallying my fellow players so that something CAN be done.
    So I will leave you with this quote. "To believe a thing impossible is to make it so"

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaveer View Post
    Dear Supercell community, I have reached out to Supercell twice and both times they responded quickly, but were unable to help, so now I am reaching out to the community as my last hope to somehow change their minds. I'm hoping if the community bands together and this gets enough attention maybe Supercell will notice and have pity on me. My Clash of Clans account has to be well over 3 years old by now, and although I'm not the most active player, I still love to take part in the seasonal events. By looking at my base you'll see that I collect the Halloween and Christmas special obstacles, and I have done so since 2013. In the past 48 hours the appearance of this years 2016 Christmas tree on my base reignited my passion for Clash of Clans and for a short moment I became extremely active again. I was burning gems and attacking like a mad man. But in this frenzy, I cleared some normal obstacles on my base to make room for a more suitably placed 2016 tree(hoping for one o the outer edge of the base), and it appears that I accidentally cleared my 2014 Christmas Tree (R.I.P). Now from prior knowledge I assume that they cannot roll back my account as that would affect the live server on a whole. From contacting Supercell and reading the forums I understand that they cannot simply give me a tree because that would mean I am essentially getting free resources due to the resources gained from clearing the tree. What I have said to them is that I will gladly give up those resources, they can have ALL my gold and elixer, I just want my 2014 tree back. Both times I was told they could do nothing about it, and that I need to be more careful, and that I can wait for more 2016 trees to spawn. Now here's the thing, yes i missed out on the 2012 Christmas tree as I did not have an account yet, so I have cut my losses there, but the 2013, 2015 and 2016 tree means nothing while the 2014 tree is missing as I have been so careful to hold onto it for this long. I refuse to accept that there is absolutely nothing that can be done. My collection is now broken, my fire feels like its been placed at the bottom of the ocean. I don't know what more to say, I just want my tree back.
    There is nothing that any of us can say to console you in this time of loss, OP, but I'll do my best.

That the tree was special to you, we have no doubt. It's clearly unfair that the devs won't give you another tree to replace it. I would go so far as to say that you should start a gofundme account to pay for the development time necessary for them to unpatch the entire server, give just you a 2014 xmas tree, then repatch the server back to the present day. Wait, you'll also have to reimburse the entire coc community for the lost time that they could have used to further nerf miners, but we'll just assume for now that the community is ok with that part of it. Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes, gofundme. I think that about $1m should do nicely, though if you do it in Euros that would only be about 960k, so you've got that going for you, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by smolson View Post
    You can refuse to accept it but that's the cold hard truth. If support can't give you the tree back then neither can the community. Not to mention the dangerous precedent that would set. SC would likely find themselves inundated with requests to restore past obstacles onto bases. Sadly this is a consequence of haste that you will have to live with.
    My biggest consequence of haste is when I don't get all the cc with the first poison.
    Last edited by MossackFonseca; December 21st, 2016 at 09:18 PM.

Down the road, over the hill, across the lake, through the forest, under da sea, in a Whirlpool ^_^
    Yea is just bad luck mate, nothing they will do.

I've had a few drunk nights out where I woke up the next morning with missing holiday obstacles lol. Just need to take take the loss and move on and keep more of each years holiday obstacles as a safe guard.
    Stalk me on Instagram @Clash.With.Realm (100k+ followers)

level 300 - 31m dark - 45k unbreakable - 13
    k infernos - 26k xbows
    7k eagles - 101/102 achievements - 1.4b spoils - 3.5k stars - Full Stats