Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's count together

And it's tellin' me that things are not the same

Let's count together

UPDATE: See the chart in post #34 or click on the arrow next to my username in the quote below to go there.
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    Small reminder, I keep track of:
    - activity 1: harvest from fields, 1 field harvested count as 1.
    - activity 2: collect from all machines (including mine and lure workbench). 1 bag of animal feed count as 1 not 3 ; 1 diamond from mine count as 1.
    - activity 3: collect from animals, each animal count as 1.
    - activity 4: wake up dog (no conclusion yet)
    - activity 5: wake up cat (no conclusion yet)
    - activity 6: wake up horse (no conclusion yet)
    - activity 7: cut down tree or bushes (no conclusion yet)
    The last column is the amount of coins I receive from red box .
    Hi all,

There are some discussions about ways to get items when harvesting, farming, feeding pets.... For example, some players can get:
    - 1 item every 68 fields from wheating (or maybe just field) (68 xp for every item)
    - 3 items when feeding 6 horses (200 xp for every item)

It seems to me that there is a specific condition for each kind of activities on your farm, such as: harvest from the fields, feed dogs, feed cats, feed horses, collect items from machines, collect milk, collect eggs, collect wool, collect bacon... Maybe animal product can be count together or maybe not, to be verified.

Those conditions should be the same from a certain level, which I would like to determine as well. But to verify all the hypothesis would be impossible for me as I don't have all pets and there's no way I can go back to level 1 now . Fortunately this forum is full of Hay Day lovers who are always there for help. If you are spend more than 1h per day playing Hay Day, I'm sure you can help.

How you can help ?
    That's easy, you only have to count how many times you do something before getting an item (axe, saw, mine equipment, expansion items...) and note down your level at that time. I welcome those are in level 20-30, got a hunch that there could be something different there.

This is a list of activities we can monitor, you may add other activities you have done too.
    - harvest from field: you can do it for one type of crops only or with different crops
    - feed dogs
    - feed cats
    - feed horses
    - collect wool
    - collect eggs
    - collect milk
    - collect bacon
    - picking up item from machines: I'm not sure yet 1 animal feed count for 3 (barn space) or 1 (1 pick up), just be specific if you do collect animal feed.
    - mining ores
    - cut down bushes and trees

You may post your feedback like this :

activity with as mush details as possible (do you count feed animal as 3 or 1, do you have different crops on the field, do you collect eggs and milk to gether...)
    level - how many times until you get your item

I will start :

pick up item from machines (except the mine, animal feed count as 1)
    level 48 - 65 times give or take 2 or 3

I hope we can figure out soon the mystery of Hay Day .
    Last edited by meonhoc; August 11th, 2014 at 10:08 AM.
    Welcome to Community Forum - How to - Search & Save Threads /PM / VM
    My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | Mystery D - Bingo D

Forum Veteran
    thanks for this thread! i think its high time we do this though i must admit i havent really seen a thread like this previously. i agree with both about the 68 fields and feeding 6-8 horses but i feel that its SC's job to come clean and tell us exactly how much xps will yield one item instead of have us speculate like that. afterall its hardly something secretive so why are they so hush hush about it and refuse to include this info in their official guide or something? or maybe all along people are just happy to see an item drop they just dont really bother delving further.

You can get items also from:

- Cutting down trees and bushes
    - Mining ores
    Boom Beach Lvl 63 - Hq 22
    Hay Day Lvl 115 - Barn 4450 - Silo 4450
    Smash Land Lvl 30 - 48 Crowns
    Add me - GC: GepardiX

Quote Originally Posted by GepardiX
    You can get items also from:

- Cutting down trees and bushes
    - Mining ores
    Thanks for this. I'll modify the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by kaylinpickles
    thanks for this thread! i think its high time we do this though i must admit i havent really seen a thread like this previously. i agree with both about the 68 fields and feeding 6-8 horses but i feel that its SC's job to come clean and tell us exactly how much xps will yield one item instead of have us speculate like that. afterall its hardly something secretive so why are they so hush hush about it and refuse to include this info in their official guide or something? or maybe all along people are just happy to see an item drop they just don't really bother delving further.
    You are welcome, I think of doing this since the wheating guide but I was so happy farming I forgot to count. I'm not sure SC would be happy to tell us how to get items, that's a pleasant surprise for farmer to find out on their own. It's more like a tip. And they may change it too so what we are doing here is only an observation of the actual state of the game.
    Last edited by meonhoc; August 16th, 2013 at 02:28 PM.
    My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | Mystery D - Bingo D

(Carried over from another thread)

I have been carefully counting my fields for the last 2 days, and it seems that I get 1 hardware item for every 60-70 fields harvested, NO MATTER WHAT CROP IS PLANTED IN THE FIELD.

I will start paying closer attention to the pets. I have 6 cats, 6 dogs, and 6 horses. It seems that I get either 4 or 5 hardware items for each round of feeding. So that would be 1 item for every 4th or 5th pet fed.

Today I will try to count feed mill items. Will get back to you later on that.

~powdermonkey

Update #1: I just harvested 165 apples, and got ZERO hardware items. Now my silo is full of apples
    Then I cut down 15 apple trees. Zero hardware for that too.
    10 (x3) mixed feed mill items gave me 1 hardware.

Update#2: Harvested 70 cherries, got zero hardware.
    Cut down 8 cherry trees, got zero hardware.
    Two more cycles through 18 pets gave 8 hardware.

Update #3: Three more cycles through 18 pets gave 15 hardware. There is a pretty consistent pattern--6 horses give me 2 items every time; 12 cats and dogs give me 3 items most of the time, but 2 items some of the time.
    Last edited by powdermonkey; August 17th, 2013 at 08:18 PM.

Banned
    I get 2 items every time I feed my animals and I've got 3 dogs, 2 cats and 2 horses.

I'm not sure about my fields though, I don't harvest crops all at the same time (usually because I haven't got space in my silo so I only harvest what I need)

Thanks for your sharing

Quote Originally Posted by bear199311
    I get 2 items every time I feed my animals and I've got 3 dogs, 2 cats and 2 horses.
    Can you be more specific ? Did you mean you always feed ALL your pets at the same time ? They don't need to be fed at the same time, do they (sorry I only have dogs) ?

The field count is prettyy easy, I'm sure more people will tell us. The idea is we may miscount sometimes, and having similar count on a specific activity can give us the right number.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    Thanks for your sharing

Can you be more specific ? Did you mean you always feed ALL your pets at the same time ? They don't need to be fed at the same time, do they (sorry I only have dogs) ?

The field count is prettyy easy, I'm sure more people will tell us. The idea is we may miscount sometimes, and having similar count on a specific activity can give us the right number.
    Sorry

Yeah I always feed them all at the same time they all take the same amount of time from one feed to the next (I think) ...you know when they eat and fall asleep...

I hope that makes sense I know what I'm trying to say haha!

Hey, I got some good news.

I made my barn full, and use the pile up trick to produce popcorn, carrot juice, bread, chicken feed and cow feed for a long time. And I count . I eventually reached the limit of 51 on popcorn.

So far, I noticed that:
    - activity 1: pickup items from machines. You get 1 item every 68 pickups, including feed mill (1 pickup count as 1, not 3). I picked none from the smelter but I can't see why it is not included.

I count the activity 1 three times, and it is certainly not tight to XP because bread and popcorn don't give the same amount of XP.

- activity 2: collect from animals. I lost track from the count but I believe it is also 68 collects before you get something, no matter what you collect from cow, chicken, sheep or pig. I'll recount next time all of them are ready to collect. Update: the 68th rules is confirmed, but as the max times, not the exact number.

- activity 3: collect from field. The 68th field is, as powdermonkey said, is the only condition for getting item, no matter what you plant. I usually go for wheat and corn while waiting for visitors.

What's left to count ?
    If you wanna help, there still a lot to do

- mining ores: the mine is not a machine, we don't know yet whether pickup ores is included in activity 2. Update : mine is considered as a machine!

Quote Originally Posted by rplotnikov View Post
    Confirmed: every fourth awaken cat and every fourth awaken dog produces an item. Cats and dogs "operate" independently.

Horses... Under question yet. Just got my second today, but suspect that production rate can be slightly bigger.
    - feed pets: dog, cats and horses did not give bonus to me after an exact number of count so I don't have a conclusion yet.
    Last edited by meonhoc; August 27th, 2013 at 01:14 PM.

Thanks for the detailed counting! I counted while harvesting apples and cherries, and got 0 bonus items from 165 apples in a row and 0 bonus items from 70 cherries in a row. So it seems that the "rule of 68" doesn't apply to the fruits. I don't have enough berries to test the rule of 68 on them, but I will try a count on the cacao in the near future and get back to you.

The rule for the horses is very consistent, I get 1 item for each 3 horses.

~powdermonkey