Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: TAKE NOTE of how many diamonds you have before opening a MYSTERY BOX!

  1. #1
    Pro Member Glottis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    586

    TAKE NOTE of how many diamonds you have before opening a MYSTERY BOX!

    I've had this bug for years now. Every once in a while, I tap a mystery box or town chest, smile because it's unlocked, then a few seconds later I notice I'm missing diamonds: 3 in case of a mystery box, 5 when it's a town chest. I might resist smiling in the future, because maybe the game senses it (technology, you know...)

    I've contacted support every time I noticed diamonds missing after tapping a box/chest. They tell me that yes, those diamonds were used to open the box, but it must have been me spending them because the game would never spend diamonds without the end-user's consent. And they tell me to enable diamond confirmation in the game's settings. When they do refund the diamonds, I always get the feeling they did that out of the goodness of their hearts, and not because they believe me!

    So please keep your eyes open when dealing with mystery boxes and town chests. The diamonds are "spent" when you leave the area (like going back to your farm after tapping a mystery box in a friend's farm). At least that's how it was; I haven't noticed that lately. I just notice that diamonds are missing.

    If you notice this bug, please report it in the Bugs and Problems Section.

    I have finally caught this bug on video:



    Second video (August 31 2018):

    Last edited by Glottis; August 31st, 2018 at 08:03 AM.

  2. #2
    Super Member hobbitly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    772
    I will try to remember to check when I find one.

  3. #3
    Centennial Club SundaeToppings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    USA on Lake Erie
    Posts
    123
    Thank you for letting us know about this, I am going to pay closer attention when opening the chests.

  4. #4
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,908
    Whoa, I have *NEVER* had this happen! I'll watch for it now though, just in case.
    Level 100 reached 21/7/2019 -Town Reputation level 22
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU
    ALL Sanctuary animals! - Permits: 56/Approximately a million
    Started September 2014! - Probably the slowest ever consistent player
    Mini farm started on April 24th, 2018! ~Level 63/Rep 16~


  5. #5
    Pro Member Glottis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    586
    Worst thing is, this happens totally at random, so it always takes me by surprise. And I can't tell support how to replicate it, so I'm not hoping for a fix soon. I installed an app yesterday and I started recording every time I tap on a mystery box. This might sound like a hassle, but it'll be worth it if I catch this bug, because then I'll have proof.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Glottis View Post
    I've had this bug for years now. Every once in a while, I tap a mystery box or town chest, smile because it's unlocked, then a few seconds later I notice I'm missing diamonds: 3 in case of a mystery box, 5 when it's a town chest. I might resist smiling in the future, because maybe the game senses it (technology, you know...)

    I've contacted support every time I noticed diamonds missing after tapping a box/chest. They tell me that yes, those diamonds were used to open the box, but it must have been me spending them because the game would never spend diamonds without the end-user's consent. And they tell me to enable diamond confirmation in the game's settings. When they do refund the diamonds, I always get the feeling they did that out of the goodness of their hearts, and not because they believe me!

    So please keep your eyes open when dealing with mystery boxes and town chests. The diamonds are "spent" when you leave the area (like going back to your farm after tapping a mystery box in a friend's farm). At least that's how it was; I haven't noticed that lately. I just notice that diamonds are missing.

    If you notice this bug, please report it in the Bugs and Problems Section.
    Go to settings and make sure your double tap to use diamonds is checked.

  7. #7
    Pro Member Glottis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    586
    I got a reply from Support saying this glitch doesn't exist. I'll catch this bug on video, and then report it. I'm really interested in what they'll have to say then!

    Quote Originally Posted by PapaWiz View Post
    Go to settings and make sure your double tap to use diamonds is checked.
    Did you even read the post you've quoted? And even if I didn't know about this setting, I don't think double tap works in a mystery box popup window. I'm not sure though, because I've never even touched the button to spend the diamonds! The popup window isn't there when this glitch happens.

  8. #8
    WussyPuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Richmond, BC Canada
    Posts
    5,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Glottis View Post
    I got a reply from Support saying this glitch doesn't exist. I'll catch this bug on video, and then report it. I'm really interested in what they'll have to say then!



    Did you even read the post you've quoted? And even if I didn't know about this setting, I don't think double tap works in a mystery box popup window. I'm not sure though, because I've never even touched the button to spend the diamonds! The popup window isn't there when this glitch happens.
    Correct... there is no double tap confirmation for the mystery boxes and that is not the issue anyway.

    good luck, glottis!
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

    Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

  9. #9
    Pro Member Glottis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by Wussypuss View Post
    Correct... there is no double tap confirmation for the mystery boxes and that is not the issue anyway.

    good luck, glottis!
    Thank you, Wussypuss!

  10. #10
    Forum Superstar Gymgirl4a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    3,201
    I think that happened to me last week. I looked just after I had tapped the box and the 💎💎💎 were less but I wondered if it was me and Could not work out how it happened as I never use 💎💎to open them. I am being extra careful now

    Farm Level 174. Town 53. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •