Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack's War Journal

Forum Veteran

Jack's War Journal

Hi all. The following journal is about my clan war experiences and observations. I have multiple accounts across multiple th levels but mostly at least for now this will be about my th3-8 clan as it relates to clan war.
    Currently my clan is level 4. It consists of
    1. A th 8 with all defense at th7 level plus max traps, air defenses, teslas, and a level 1 bomb tower. Everything else is maxed.
    2. TH7 most defenses at th6 level plus max traps, air defenses, teslas. Again everything else is maxed.
    3. TH6 Maxed
    4. TH5 Maxed
    5. TH4 Maxed
    6. TH3 Maxed
    7-10 are TH3 with max cannons and archer tower
    More will be added later.
    I know this has been done before and is nothing new. This is a place for me to keep all my ideas and observations.
    Thank you,
    Jack

Forum Veteran

11/23 War

An easy win 30-24 looked very matched up in TH similar to my clan there was one difference at the top. Their th8 did have level 3 dragons however since my AD's and traps are max for th8 I could hold. Level 2 hogs would not work either. They had valks but no golems. It resulted in a 87% 2*. Their TH7 also didn't have dragons so a 68% 2* on my th 6 also happened. And they couldn't handle the CC on my #10 so no stars there.
    I guess looking at it I did have the advantage but still they way matchmaking worked it appeared to be fairly equal. The difference was their lack of ability to attack and poor upgrade strategy prevented them from a draw.

Forum Veteran

11/25 War

30-29 victory again looked to be a fair matchup. They had max defenses on their th8 so I needed to use hogs for a 3* on their #1. Their #1 had level 2 dragons, level 1 hogs and valks and no golems. This again shows that it might be better to upgrade their offense before or at least the same time as their defense.
    They did try to engineer somewhat I guess since their clan was a th8, 7, 6 and the rest were th5 with level 1 walls. I even managed to 3* with my th3 on one but they did forget the cc troops in that one.
    I do like boom beach's slogan. Come in with a plan or leave in defeat.
    The next was looks interesting. Will post on it later...

Good luck
    See if it takes longer to lose a war or to lose the will to war by yourself
    Clash of Clans: TH12 59/56/20 | any other TH I probably have a base

Clash Royale: Probably more posts than wins. Why my posts still count if the forum was deleted?

Forum Veteran

11/27

My guess is the desire to post in this forum.
    Will end up losing the war 29-30. I ended up taking too long to take out their cc and ended up with a 97% 2*. Might need to look at a gowivape strategy that their #1 used. They also had a pekka in the cc with acted as a tank as well as 2 golems. Since i have access to max troops on my main account a lvl5 pekka would be good.
    Still a very even matchup all around they just attacked better at the #1.
    For me i like this 1 man clan and if i have more time id try an enginneered one too. It quick to fill troops i get everything done in about 30 min.
    Im involved with another clan where i have 2 accounts. I split time with another leader. We go into an arguement and she rage kicked most of the good attackers so we are starting over there. Seems like lots more work than here.

If you want to its not too late to start an engineered clan - just upgraded 1 war comp on each of your th3s without upgrading any defenses and get it to at least th9.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddsyuk View Post
    If I find out any in my clan have been cheating there will be some serious questions asked... eg if your cheating why do we still keep losing?
    Quote Originally Posted by SupremeCleave View Post
    but i do build strong defenses. one mighty cannon

Forum Veteran

War on 11/29

Well I could start out by being very sarcastic on threads that I've read. This war is so mismatched. blah blah blah. They have a th8, 2 th7, and the rest are th5 however they really didn't know how to attack. We got the 30 to twenty something. Don't know cause it's not over yet. When looking at other than th level they were rushed a bit defensively and a lot on offense. Still their th8 could take my #1 just the th5's had problems with taking out level 2 valks in my CC.
    Used gowivape with a max pekka in the cc. It worked very well. No issues at all.
    Clan war with multiple town halls is really about the top few people at th8 so many still use dragons. It's an easy upgrade but 3 level 6 ad's with the air sweeper can take care of them. If a person uses valks or hogs it harder to defend. So I think things are going pretty good now. Should be to level 5 in just a few more wars.
    As far as turning into an Engineered clan. Not because I don't believe in it. It is a very good upgrade strategy and I do have "lopsided" accounts. I just don't need to at this time. I may start another clan and go that route but I'm to busy with life to do that. After all this takes about 30 min every other day do play this way. That I can do.
    Until the next war.

Forum Veteran

12/1 War

Was matched at the top by a th9 with xbows and 4 ads. Will still pull off a win since their offense was so rushed. Only level 1 dragons. They also had a solid th7 and near maxed th6. The rest of the clan was th4 all defenses but ads and only 10 spots in the cc.
    They did manage a 38% 1 star on my top for a 28 and my th6 only 1* their th6. I used one attack from my th7.
    When it came down to attacking their #1 I had an attack left from my th7&8 so I attacked with dragons from my th7 1st. I lighting an ad and attacked from that side. Did manage a 52% 1* for a win on percentage. I did attack with my th8 and got a 86% 2* using the GOWIVPE I'm really liking that attack.
    Based on defense only on the clan as a whole it was pretty even match with a slight adv going to them. On offense however it was me by a long shot. Don't know where that fits with matchmaking but I'd say it's been fairly even or to my slight advantage as long as I keep my offence stronger than my defense. This is what I did prior to the March update as well. I'd say it's pretty much gone back to that so people have to remember what they did before March and plan that way. I will just keep playing along and see what the next war has.

Forum Veteran

12/9 A win by the closest margins!

Another very good match up and an almost draw. 30-29. There #1 just missed a builder hut in the corner. The army was just a sec or 2 away from hitting it.
    I was surprised they did so well with dragons against my th8 base. Will have to take a look at that. Gowiva is working great still at the th8 level.
    On a side note my other clan took out a clan with a 23 war win streak. They were engineered and pretty good at attacking. I don't care what people say you still have to be able to attack even if you are engineered. In the end their top 2 were a max th11 and th10. We had max th11 and th9. I got a 55% 2* on their top and they got a 78% 1* on me. That was the difference 1 star. Still a very good war. Wars with mix th it's really just about the top few bases.
    FYI I don't claim to be a good attacker at th10/11. I've been mostly an air attacker till lately but am getting better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJackrabbit View Post
    Another very good match up and an almost draw. 30-29. There #1 just missed a builder hut in the corner. The army was just a sec or 2 away from hitting it.
    I was surprised they did so well with dragons against my th8 base. Will have to take a look at that. Gowiva is working great still at the th8 level.
    On a side note my other clan took out a clan with a 23 war win streak. They were engineered and pretty good at attacking. I don't care what people say you still have to be able to attack even if you are engineered. In the end their top 2 were a max th11 and th10. We had max th11 and th9. I got a 55% 2* on their top and they got a 78% 1* on me. That was the difference 1 star. Still a very good war. Wars with mix th it's really just about the top few bases.
    FYI I don't claim to be a good attacker at th10/11. I've been mostly an air attacker till lately but am getting better and better.
    Nice thread, keep it going!
    Leader of Bellum Tigers #2CR0QQC
    Expert Goblin Butterknife Attacker