Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack's War Journal

Forum Veteran

12/18 War

Another war and another draw. Having a high level defenseless account in the clan is drawing th9's this is not good if my #1 is a th8 so that account will be leaving for another. It goes to show how much offense is taken into mm right now. We will see what happens in the future. Nothing really exciting or new this war. It was a very even and would of prob still been a draw if you took out each of our #1 offense accounts.
    I've been working on adjusting some defenses slightly to see what happens but with the new update right around the corner I will be focusing on my main account again. Since other than a few research it was completely maxed.
    As far as videos I'm not really ready or set up for that. This journal is for right now about my ideas for war and what I use to become great at it. Who knows what the future will hold.

Forum Veteran

12/20 War

A new update and 2 new wars. 1st on my Engineered account was a 30-0 victory. Did the other side just give up? Nope upon checking their war history and clan it was open. They have scored 0* on the previous 4 wars. I don't know why they continue to war except to be nice and give others an easy victory. If they had attacked and were any good it would of been a 30-30 draw. Now on to my other clan
    It looks like it will be a 30-12 victory. Was there a mismatch? probably cause they had 3 th7 vs me having 1 th8. However did that really cost them the war right away? Lets see how a few of them attacked. Their #3 a th7 btw scored ZERO stars on my #4/5 one is a th5 the other is a th4. They couldn't take out valks. Their #1 scored a 62% 1* with dragons on my #2 a th7. So did the mismatch cost them the war or did their poor attacking?
    I say it is poor attacking. Infact I've been traveling to several clans with my main account. Mostly to donate spells. I'm close to the 2nd star and 2000 donations. I started looking at clans that I got into. Sorry i didn't keep accurate stats on trophies. I was around 2500 at the time. These were clans that had anyone can join but a lot were higher trophies. They were not set at zero. I decided to keep track of records. 65/100 of them had losing records. I was shocked and decided to look at a few replays mostly of their top and saw a lot of spammed attacks with no real thought as to what they were doing. Now I don't have the time or desire to look further, I'd rather play the game. I probably looked only at a dozen clan but it told me their losses were one of 2 thing. 1. Engineering which I didn't see any mostly just rushed bases. 2. and most likely poor attacks. Spammed dragons with rage spells dropped.
    This to me is just more proof that engineering isn't the problem but that people are using that is an excuse for their poor attacks. It also tells me that those who take the time to engineer probably pay better attention and make better attacks.
    People want skill to be a factor. I say it already is.

Forum Veteran

12/22 War

Another fair matchup. Today with their top a th8 and a level 8 barb king. Currently the score is 30-18. Last night we were both attacking but once my #1 3* their #1 they stopped. Maybe it was time for work for them but they don't appear to be training an army. With 4 hours left we shall see.
    They do have to troops to be able to get a 30-30 draw and has quite a few war stars so I'm sure has some experience vs the many I face with less than 150. Will need to use something other than dragons and archers however. They left their clan open and I sent my main over which they promoted me to CO. I don't know why except I'm a th11. Not my style to kick everyone but it was to look at their war record. It was mixed with sometimes they all attack sometimes they don't. I also saw their giant bombs on the outside so took care of them with a few wall breakers.
    I forgot to mention they didn't put cc troops in. I will edit if something changes.
    My other clan is 30-0 again they could easily get a 30-30 draw. 3 hrs left there. So it's not over.
    Edit: Final score was 30-1 their #1&#2 both th9 tried spamming an all dragon army vs my #1 a th9. Results 51%1* and 73%2*. Again poor attacking or bad mm?
    Last edited by MrJackrabbit; December 24th, 2016 at 02:29 PM.

Forum Veteran

12/24 War

Another even match up with TH although their #1 was lacking in DE troops current score 30-7 with no chance for them to win. Reason #1 attack with 7 dragons, 2 loons and 2 pekka. A weird combo which resulted in a 71%1*. They just dropped all dragons near a builder hut in the corner.
    I still say and will see as my engineering clan continues with another war today that engineering has only a slight advantage and definitely not an unfair one. I just continue to see poor attack after poor attack at the th8 level. I don't think that every th8+ is a poor attacker I have see some good ones. However from what I see good attackers that lose a war it will usually be by a star or maybe 2 which tells me that the war was probably a good matchup. MM doesn't take into consideration how good or bad an attacker is and that is where the big difference is.

Forum Veteran

12/26 War and a small change

Currently 30-16 on paper it looked to be a fairly even matchup. Their #1, a th8, was had only level 5 ads but a strong offense. However what is on paper doesnt always happen. Their #1 decided a wizard healer attack on my #1 a th8 and got a 51% 1*. Then a giant valk on my th7 for a 41% no star. They will not win. On my side of things I was surprised that my th7 3* their th8 as I said they did have only level 5 ads. Now for the change.
    I've made a few adjustments the past few wars an the results have been interesting near the top. Again I have no time for scientific documentation just my observations. Here is my clan set up now:
    #1 th8 with max defense for air and everything else for a th7. I have added all new defenses. Offense is maxed.
    #2 th7 like the th8 maxed for air everything else maxed for th6.
    #3 th6 maxed
    #4 th5 mini max for a th3
    #5 th4 mini max for th3
    #6 th3 maxed
    #7-10 are dummy accounts with max th3 defenses but no walls.
    What I am seeing is something near the top. They are attacking very poor right now with maybe a less than max th8 at the top. I've also seen no rushed th9 anymore which I was getting when I had a maxed th4&5 instead. Will that stay that way? IDK but it is an interesting observation.
    My other clan continues perfect wars although this next one looks like it will be a 30-30 draw. I will be adding some more defenses to my th9's there soon.

Forum Veteran

12/28 & 12/30 war

Didnt have a chnce to post the last war but here goes.
    29 to 29 war. I win on % 62 to 50. My th8 got caught in the new freeze trap for and 85% 1*. Defense wise was a pretty even matchup. On offense their th8 only had level 2 dragons and just bearly got the 50% 2*. My th7 with level 2 dragons managed to get a few more pct points for the win.
    12/30 war. Again 29 to 29 with the smallest difference on th8 #1 58% 2* to 59% 2*. Very even match across all th. If anything they had more th4&5 but no matter level 7 loons takes care of all those. This is the 2nd war where the freeze trap caught my hogs.
    Next war is already set with another fairly even match. The #2/3 are both very rushed but we are even in the top spot. Again should be a close war.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJackrabbit View Post
    If i were to write this like a lot of posts i see it would read something like this.
    Some complaint to SC about how messed up war matchmaking is:
    Us. Them
    Th8. Th9 w xbows
    Th7. Th8
    Th6. Th7
    Th5. Th6
    Th4. Th5...
    Upon closer look we will win 29-5. Why? Cause they are rushed on their #1 on defense everyone else was looking to taking a max approach. On offense the were way behind their defense. Even worse on their th9 #1.
    A note to myself whe going against xbows bring 1 heal 1 jump not 2 heal. The xbow was spread too far which caused me to get an 80+% 2*.
    Notice i look at what i could of done different not blame the game on matching a th9 vs th8. Would it of worked? Probably since my troops died trying to break the wall to the xbow.
    This will bring my streak to 5. Nothing to brag about and only 2-3 more wars till my clan is level 5. I wonder what the extra level troop in the cc will bring?
    Wont help on offense i already use max troops from my main account.
    Thats all for today. Keep clashing.
    How can a th8 bring 1 heal/1 jump vs xbows?

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MossackFonseca View Post
    How can a th8 bring 1 heal/1 jump vs xbows?
    Thanks for the catch. Id have to figure out something with quake spell. The issue was my troops couldnt get through the wall fast enough to take the 2nd xbow. Will have to come up with something else i guess.

Forum Veteran

1/1 War Mismatch?

I should start this out with saying OMG matchmaking isn't fair. This war were against a clan with 2 th8, 1 th7, 2 th4 and 5 th3. How are we supposed to beat 2 th8? It's not fair they have way more opportunities to 3* me...
    However we won 30-29. My #1 th8 didn't even have to attack since my th7 scored a 67% 2* vs their 63% 2* on my #1. However since I've been failing with hogs lately I felt the need to practice.
    How did they get a 63% 2*? Well they did have level 3 dragons but since my base is more anti dragon they were smart and attacked from the ground and attacked with attacked with 25 level 1 valks. They did forget about my dragon in my unlurable CC which took out their valks before they could finish. They also had valks in the cc.
    Based on this again I'd say that it wasn't really a mismatch. The score was going to be close. Their lack of attack skill was the factor. They did score 29/30 which they have scored 29 or 30 in each of their wars. This clan has a good set up and it was their 1st loss. Hopefully good things will come to them in the future.

Banned
    Nice thread. Have you guys lost yet or?