Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack's War Journal

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefTuk View Post
    Nice thread, keep it going!
    Agreed; better yet, let's have a party...

Nice journel keep it up😊good luck

Forum Veteran

12/5 war. Mismatch?

If i were to write this like a lot of posts i see it would read something like this.
    Some complaint to SC about how messed up war matchmaking is:
    Us. Them
    Th8. Th9 w xbows
    Th7. Th8
    Th6. Th7
    Th5. Th6
    Th4. Th5...
    Upon closer look we will win 29-5. Why? Cause they are rushed on their #1 on defense everyone else was looking to taking a max approach. On offense the were way behind their defense. Even worse on their th9 #1.
    A note to myself whe going against xbows bring 1 heal 1 jump not 2 heal. The xbow was spread too far which caused me to get an 80+% 2*.
    Notice i look at what i could of done different not blame the game on matching a th9 vs th8. Would it of worked? Probably since my troops died trying to break the wall to the xbow.
    This will bring my streak to 5. Nothing to brag about and only 2-3 more wars till my clan is level 5. I wonder what the extra level troop in the cc will bring?
    Wont help on offense i already use max troops from my main account.
    Thats all for today. Keep clashing.

Forum Veteran

12/7 war; stats; pure crazyness

Looking to be a 30-16 victory against a very weak clan. They again have a th9 (with xbows), 8, 7 at the top but the th9 only has level 1 dragons and the others have none. Why people rush their defenses i will never know. Anyway they pretty much gave up after i got my 30. Their #1 got a 48% no star on my #1 and a 58% 1* on my th7. Yes they were very poor at attacking. Which brings up my 2nd point.
    In my main clan won 88 to 78. On paper it looks to be a mismatch with a th11 at #1 to their th10. Everything else was pretty much the same. Many would complain that this a total mismatch but is it really that bad of one? According to the cwl a th10 has a 44.99% chance to 2* a th11. This means basically a 45% to get a 89/90 stars. A th11 has only a 57.56% chance to 3* a th10 for a perfect 90/90. Those pct are very close together and make the matchup come down to the #1 base on each side. Yes we had a slight adv but had the other clan been good at attacking they would of gotten 88 or 89 not a 78. The issue wasnt a mismatch but poor attacking from the rest of their clan.
    Even more crazyness. I have a few accounts i dont play just collect war stars and have never attacked in matchmaking they are th9 minimax th6 i also have 2 th10 that are minimax th3. There are also 10+ dummy accounts in that clan. My war record in 15v15 war is 3-1 even though the highest score i can get is 30/45. Goes to show just how poor people attack yet blam it on matchmaking.
    Enough for now. Have a great day.

Forum Veteran

12/9 War

Should win this one today 29-29 with a 93%-90%. Good thing I noticed their #1 had only level 3 dragons to take on my th8. I switched to a base more anti dragon. Still they did a good job. This war was very evenly matched. In fact was matched almost immediately after I hit the start war button. At the #1 spot they had max defenses and a th9 barb king. They were a little light on offence in the dark troop area. However since I don't have max defenses but a max offence it evened out. Still I always say off>def and I think it helped here.
    My war streak will be 6. Nothing great except in the land of th8 and below draws are easy to take out a winning streak.

Forum Veteran

12/12 War

Had to take a couple of days off for family. But was back to another very even war. Final score 30-29. I ended up with a 78% 2* on their #1. I should of had a 3 but was attacking from my phone which I'm not used to and should of used a hog army vs gowiva. As I continue to war I'm seeing the difference in bases and the need for multiple armies depending on what type of base they display. No worries. I will be a level 5 clan later today. This means an added to the defensive cc troops since I bring over my near max th11 for donations to attack.
    Again not really seeing the huge mismatches people claim but in the mean time this low level war is a lot of fun.

Forum Veteran

12/13 war

Another solid matchup very evenly balanced. Final score should be 30-29 they got 66% 2* on my #1. Their #1 a th8 lacked hogs or valks to take on my th8 so they attacked with dragons. The problem is my anti dragon base is at a risk for even level 1 valks but they used dragons instead. I opted for hogs on their #1 and just bearly got the 3* in the final 20 seconds. Something to look out for.
    In my other clan I want to address engineering. We do have a hybrid th10 that weighs at a very low th9 and a th11 that weighs about a th7. We also have 2 th9 that are getting close to max. We were matched pretty even they had 2 th10 with max infernos and xbows. One had high level heros and the other was mid. We ended up getting a perfect 60 because our th11 took out their th10's and our th10 took out their th9. Their th10's were unable to 3* our th9 so did we have an "unfair" advantage because we got a perfect 60, did our engineering make it a fair matchup their top th10's vs our th9's or did the other clan's top 2 just poor attackers, fyi they both had less than 250 war stars.
    Maybe after the oct update the match was more even with the "unfair" taken away.
    I wonder if the other clan would post on the forums something like the following:
    MM is so unfair. If our last CW we faced a clan with a th11 and th10 both with high level heros. They were so engineered and were able to get a perfect 60 in the 1st 12 hours. Matchmaking needs to be based on th level. blah blah blah
    I wonder if they would forget to mention they 2 th10's failed to 3* 2 th9's or that all th were matched except we had 1 th11 and 1 th10 (both wo ea, it, or xbow) to their 2 th10 with it and xbow.
    To me our win wasn't to an engineering advantage but to their 2 th10 had 4 opportunities to 3* our top 2 th9's and failed to do so.

Forum Veteran

12-16 War 45-42 Win and why a th9 can't 3* a th7

So my main clan has been having some trouble with people attacking. For example a mid th9 decided to attack a high th9 vs attacking a th8. Got zero stars vs 3. We were able to just recover and win. I have moved a few accounts over so I could do a 15v15 war. The main addition was a lopsided th11 I build prior to the previous dec update when th sniping was still allowed. It matched up vs a th9 and 2 th8 at the top. My top 3 was a th8, th7, th11.
    A lot of people would say wait that's cheating or I some how had an unfair advantage, you should have an easy win. WRONG! Yes, I was easily able to get the 45 for a perfect score. However the other clan's th9 only got 1* on my #1 and a 2* on a th7. Final score 45-42. So the question is was it my lopsided clan that won the war or the lack of skill at their #1 to take out a th 2 levels below them? To me clearly it was a lack of skill that kept them from also getting a perfect score. In matchmaking a persons attack skill is not calculated. One would think that a person who knows what defenses to upgrade 1st and creating a structure on how to progress in the game because they have studied it would have superior attacking skill and therefore be the victor.
    I hope this journal continues to prove that the game is generally pretty balanced but it is the lack of attack skill not engineering is the reason why most clans lose.
    BTW the th9 while on the newer side did have the extra spell but also had dropped both xbows and was mostly upgrading their other defenses vs using their gold to upgrade their cc (still at 25). They were also using the elixer to upgrade their storages vs upgrading their army camps.

What's your clan war record?
    Last edited by Dattflo; December 16th, 2016 at 06:35 PM.

I applaud your effort on writing this journal, but it's usually better to do a video on it instead.
    My strongest 3* attack strategy is 120 wall breakers with 17 wall breakers in cc, and 5 jumps + 1 eq and another eq in cc.