Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Progression Thread

Dark elixer is the most important resource at th9. Use gob knife for this, it works great, although is very tedious. Once you get queen to 10 use her and do qw gob knifes when she's up. Take about 12 giants, 40-50 archers, some wbs, rest gone. Spells are 1 jump 2 rage 1 heal. If you can get cc giants, valks, wiz, or bowlers.

Th9 | 64k
    Check out the forum base design group's project here:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...se-Design-Meta

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by AidanG01 View Post
    Dark elixer is the most important resource at th9. Use gob knife for this, it works great, although is very tedious. Once you get queen to 10 use her and do qw gob knifes when she's up. Take about 12 giants, 40-50 archers, some wbs, rest gone. Spells are 1 jump 2 rage 1 heal. If you can get cc giants, valks, wiz, or bowlers.
    This sounds awesome!!!! I'd love to try this kind of attacks. I wasn't a huge fan of goblins till recently. But then i started using them with giants and the loot is huge especially if you can find a dead base. But with this, I guess once penetration would be done, it will be exciting to get DE.

Will definitely take some practice, as Jump spells aren't easy to handle. And a slight misplacement and blow up the whole raid. Thanks for the suggestion.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MakingGamesIsGreat View Post
    Thanks

Minions are really great troops to use when farming DE.
    Hmmm. Frankly, I have never used them. They're still at lvl 1 and somehow I find them useless. But if you're mentioning, maybe I'd take a better look. I used to dislike and feel that goblins are useless too, but I don't feel that way anymore.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Nam3less79 View Post
    Lol thanks but couldnt resist the temptation and bought it and started aq 5, bk11 and valks 3. i was short of 5k de and i didnt want to farm and i bought the pack in closing minutes. But i plan to do hogs 5 and golem 3 soon depending on how the heroes would be. Thanks for your army camp. I am mostly rushing with my attacks since doing it during work and without proper thinking and i feel thats the issue so i will slow down now after the initial TH9 excitement. Want to start the 2nd army camp today or barrack for baby drag.

Regarding skulls i just had too much gold and almost started upgrading them instantly and also have few legos now. Also without Heroes it takes a bit of effort for farming especially that AQ would be down most of the time.
    Cool. A lot of things to do at th9. It's good. Th8 was comparatively boring. Even though th9 has more wait time, it's still fun. I am glad I made it so far, LOL.

Great going!!!! You're upgrading everything that I want to. Maybe soon.

Centennial Club

Upgrade 2-Dec-16

Things are going good. I got all 5 builders busy, for 12 hours . Now 2 are free, and will be free for a while.

I've started upgrade of my 2nd army camp, it will be done in 3d 2h.
    One tesla has been maxed at lvl 7.
    Other two are still in progress with 1d 23h and 4d 9h left, respectively.

Golem upgrade is still going on, and I find it to be a drag. Too slow for my taste - 8d 23h more to go.

I am working hard on my walls. Still not done, and it's a long way to go, but I am getting better.
    Skull - 54
    Purple - 175
    Crystal - 21

Damn, now that I see it, it's just 2 more skull walls in 3 days . I'll try to make it upto these lost days during weekend. For a change we won a war, and now I've some loot in treasury, will put it for Wizard towers after few days I believe.

Wish me Luck.

Centennial Club

Update 5-Dec-16

Updates, updates, updates!!!!!

Whew, feels so good to have all 5 builders bus, even if for few hours.

2nd tesla is done too, lvl 7 now. 3rd one will be maxed in 1d 9h.
    2 builders are on army camps - 2h 23m and 4d 7h, respectively.
    I was pushing for wizard tower, but my patience gave up, so 4th builder is on Archer tower lvl 10 -> lvl 11, 5d 6h to go.

And finally I pushed my way to up my queen - lvl 3 -> lvl 4 in 15h 5m.

Golems are still upgrading. It takes ages man. 5d 23h remaining.

Not much work on walls I am afraid.
    Skull - 56
    Purple - 173
    Crystal - 21

Might turn one more wall black today. 1 wall a day, keeps gold away

Centennial Club
    Wow nice progress but it seems you are upgrading defense more than the walls and hence you are a little behind in walls than me. Basically i have not started any defense upg yet though i have put down all defense including 1st X-bow yesterday and planning to drop the 2nd X-bow too today tomorrow. My 2 army camps are done and i am thinking if i should start the 3rd though just 1 free builder later today unless i gem AQ6. BK is at all 11 and will stop it at 12 till AQ is 10 or so. Valks 3 will finish in 2 days and i want to actually start my first Lv6 troop i.e. Giants if i have enough Eli. Gobs are still at 3.

I figured that if i am not putting any gold in defense right now then i would better put them in gold now as later i wouldnt be able to do it. New Telsa will finish lv 2 in 2 days and might start the lv3 asap. I plan to do tesla and make other defense firstly TH8 level then then move with TH9 defense. Anyway its a long journey and i just want to finish the Eli upg first. So far so good lets see.
    Stats: TH10 Lvl142 LeagueCrystal 1
    Heros: BK27 AQ30 GWNA Stars849
    Walls: Lv10256 Lv919

Centennial Club
    Sounds good. Good luck with that. We're on separate paths. You want to be a full fledged th9. I am aiming to be a maxed th8.5. I am experimenting with base weight and have found that a .5 is always at an unfair advantage. Mostly I am paired against th8s, which help my clan get easy 5-6 stars every war. And the th8 opposite to me, mostly fails to 3 star me. That's why I rushed to th9. I wanted to test this theory.

Yeah, agreed about the defense upgrade. At times I think if I'd totally stop defenses and concentrate only on walls. But watching my builders sit idle makes me feel something is wrong, so I like to keep them busy. Put in an upgrade, forget for a week. But the timing is playing games with me now. I, by habit, try to set my builders such that after every few days I'd get one free. That's happening now too, and hence a lot of gold going to defense. Maybe, I'd let them sit now for a while. And concentrate only on walls? It's hard to decide really. Let's hope.

Your progress is amazing too, and am glad that you're moving so quick with your heroes. I am way too slow in that. Queen is 4, BK is 9. Let's see. First aim, take AQ to 5. Then BK 10. But at the same time, i feel for the valks. I want to up them too.

Giants will be next, most probably. Want dragons, but I guess being a th9, I'd try more variants now. I always do only dragons. It mostly works great for me. But time for a change. Trying govawipe today in war on a th9. Expecting 2. Wish me luck.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganMJ View Post
    Sounds good. Good luck with that. We're on separate paths. You want to be a full fledged th9. I am aiming to be a maxed th8.5. I am experimenting with base weight and have found that a .5 is always at an unfair advantage. Mostly I am paired against th8s, which help my clan get easy 5-6 stars every war. And the th8 opposite to me, mostly fails to 3 star me. That's why I rushed to th9. I wanted to test this theory.

Yeah, agreed about the defense upgrade. At times I think if I'd totally stop defenses and concentrate only on walls. But watching my builders sit idle makes me feel something is wrong, so I like to keep them busy. Put in an upgrade, forget for a week. But the timing is playing games with me now. I, by habit, try to set my builders such that after every few days I'd get one free. That's happening now too, and hence a lot of gold going to defense. Maybe, I'd let them sit now for a while. And concentrate only on walls? It's hard to decide really. Let's hope.

Your progress is amazing too, and am glad that you're moving so quick with your heroes. I am way too slow in that. Queen is 4, BK is 9. Let's see. First aim, take AQ to 5. Then BK 10. But at the same time, i feel for the valks. I want to up them too.

Giants will be next, most probably. Want dragons, but I guess being a th9, I'd try more variants now. I always do only dragons. It mostly works great for me. But time for a change. Trying govawipe today in war on a th9. Expecting 2. Wish me luck.
    Haha good luck with GoWiPe. Let us know how it went. However suggest GoVaWi. Though i tried GoHo once but it went awful and i have a lot of time to learn it. Still trying to learn them. Plan is to upg Golem, valks and hogs reasonably while also working on the heroes. My BK was maxed at TH8 so i am upg AQ first as it takes less DE and time to upgrade her till she would be 10.

Our clan is pretty chilled with war weight however in the past i was the one who was complaining that many had rushed and we were struggling and looks like it would bite me as i am no 4 today in 30vs30 setup. I mainly wanted the X-bow for farming to protect Eli most of the time. Anyway lets see how it goes.

Well most of my clan mates who were TH9 before me have good DE troops like valks 4, hogs 4 and golem 2 but they struggle with 3* other TH9 and its mostly because of their heroes. Most of them have BK at 9 and AQ at 6-7 and i realised quite early while reading here and also looking at them that faster the heroes go up the better it would be. So working on that. Still a long way to go.

Again a builder would be free today i already have 4M gold which i plan to put back in walls. Dont want to start Tesla yet. I want to do the storages first and work on the de drills and other Eli buildings.

Anyway Good Luck.
    Stats: TH10 Lvl142 LeagueCrystal 1
    Heros: BK27 AQ30 GWNA Stars849
    Walls: Lv10256 Lv919

Centennial Club
    Wow. Seems like an active clan. 30-30, whoa!!!! That's huge. The max we've reached is 15-15. Once went for 20-20, and lost because half of the clan didn't attack.

GoWiPe was changed to Govawipe, and it sucked. Even though I got easy 2, I just got lucky to be honest. All 3 of my pekkas, went outside, even after a clear wall opening being present right in front of them. My Golem, sidelined too. I had valks and king and queen, which helped me take out the TH. Queen went haywire as well, valks died. King, and his barbarians, and a rage did the trick.

When the attack ended I was on 2 stars, 76% destruction, but not pleased. I knew I messed up the attack. Pekkas should have gone in, and Golems too, but then, not too bad for a first attempt.

Hmmm. Interesting thought about Th9's being 3 starred. Frankly, the only times I've seen Th9 getting 3 starred is by lvl 4 valks, or GoHo. Rest, I've not seen one (not talking about rushed bases). Though there's a way I've not seen in any war yet, LavaLoons. It's so underrated. If used properly, it can get 3 on most of the th9's. Worth trying I'd say.

But yes, Heroes do help a lot. I've learnt that the hard way unfortunately. Hopefully, I'd be able to use my troops to best of their potential and get more stars.