Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Progression Thread

Junior Member MakingGamesIsGreat's Avatar
    Progress during the past 2 weeks:

Finished upgrading mortars to level 7.
    Got the other xbow to level 2.
    I have 49 skull walls currently. Rest are level 7.
    Got almost all my cannons upgrading One more to go.
    I've had the lab on constantly for the past 3 weeks. First I upgraded valks from level 1 to 3 in row and then got my minions upgrading. Currently have 7 days left on level 6 loons.
    Also been upgrading traps with extra gold.

Last week I also had to drop to silver 2 (currently farming on silver 1) from crystal 1 because I got tired of losing a lot of elixir each time someone attacked me (I constantly have over 3 million elixir).

I'm planning to upgrade golems to level 2 once I'll get the DE for 'em. I'll also have to upgrade the jump spell and wizards ASAP.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MakingGamesIsGreat View Post

I've had the lab on constantly for the past 3 weeks. First I upgraded valks from level 1 to 3 in row and then got my minions upgrading. Currently have 7 days left on level 6 loons.

Last week I also had to drop to silver 2 (currently farming on silver 1) from crystal 1 because I got tired of losing a lot of elixir each time someone attacked me (I constantly have over 3 million elixir).

I'm planning to upgrade golems to level 2 once I'll get the DE for 'em. I'll also have to upgrade the jump spell and wizards ASAP.
    What army comp are you using. I am using a combination gibarch and 4 valks in the mix. Struggling to have enough Eli all the time. Combined with using spells obviously the profit is lower but still trying to figure a nice way to get loads of them. Currently in Gold 1 from 3 but thinking of dropping to silver if worth it.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MakingGamesIsGreat View Post

Wow, that sounds great!!! You're on a roll!!! Upgrading valks and then minions, needs lot of DE. Good to see that you're able to get so much DE. Good luck and try to get golems first if you can. They come in handy in wars, for clanmates at least. I am more of a dragon guy myself.
    Last edited by LoganMJ; November 29th, 2016 at 07:57 AM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Nam3less79 View Post
    What army comp are you using. I am using a combination gibarch and 4 valks in the mix. Struggling to have enough Eli all the time. Combined with using spells obviously the profit is lower but still trying to figure a nice way to get loads of them. Currently in Gold 1 from 3 but thinking of dropping to silver if worth it.
    I don't use anything which takes my DE. Mostly I go with GiWi with WB and archers, and heroes, and 2 healing spell. Yeah, it's heavy on Elixir, but gets me both gold and DE. And sometimes Elixir as well. My most successful combination is 20 Giants, 21 wizards, 13 archers, 4 wbs, queen and king, 4 healing, 1 poison.

Other than this, I tried something new yesterday - 2 Pekka, 15 giants, 15 wizards, 4 wbs, 2 healing, 1 rage, 1 jump, and heroes. If you place the jump right, this can help you get 2K-3K DE on good bases. I've been doing that and failing, but got lucky once and it was enough to cover for 2-3 raids. Cost wise this is almost same as the other one. Good luck.
    Last edited by LoganMJ; November 29th, 2016 at 08:00 AM.

Centennial Club
    nice progress logan...
    My update so far
    AQ is 4 now and starting 5 today
    BK will start for 11 too
    CC and 1 Army camp will be done later and will start 1 Dark Barrack. Still have 2 days left for the DSF lv 3.
    I am maxing the traps now starting with Seeking Air Mines.
    I have finished all walls to skull and have done 5 legos.
    I am going to buy the Black Friday deal then start BK, AQ and Valks to 3 or Golem to 3 depending on how much DE i have. For that i have to Gem the lab to finish healer 3 upg. I think that DE in the long run would be valuable.

After that i am not buying any gems unless there is a good deal again lol. Kinda hard for me to get Eli now but will have 10 days or so till next Lab upg and in the meantime i will figure what to do with the farming troops. Still thinking whether i should go ahead or not.
    Wow!!! All skulls, I am pretty sure it would take me minimum 2 more months to be there. My AQ is still 3 and BK 9. You're going at much higher pace than I am. Awesome!!! I'd take inspiration from you.

I am yet to start with my traps, should do that sometime. Regarding valks and Golems, go for Golems. They are wonderful at lvl3+. Haha. I've never bought gems. It's tempting, but I pass on the temptation. Patience is one thing that COC has taught me.

Centennial Club

Update 29-Nov-16

Finally!!!! Golems are upgrading in lab. Whew!!! Took me a long time, but I did manage to get the massive amount of DE and put them for upgrade. My clan mates must be happy.

Teslas still upgrading, with 2d 22h, 4d 22h and 7d 8h remaining respectively. 2 builders are free. Hopefully, I'd put one of them up for something soon.

I was able to upgrade some walls.
    Skull: 50
    Purple: 176
    Crystal: 24

Next target will be to get AQ to 4 and then 5 and then BK to 10. Hope.

I'm currently using:

Troops:
    20 archers.
    14 giants.
    5 wall breakers.
    16 wizards.
    28 minions.

Spells:
    2 heals.
    1 rage.
    1 jump.
    1 haste.

Overall the army comp costs over 200k elixir but I don't usually use the rage spell or all troops unless I'm going for a 3-star.
    28 level 3 minions cost only 224 DE so with this army comp I can farm DE effectively.

Today with very aggressive raiding I've managed to collect already 2 million of both gold and elixir and over 7k DE. Silver 1 has very good loot

Quote Originally Posted by LoganMJ View Post
    Wow, that sounds great!!! You're on a roll!!! Upgrading valks and then minions, needs lot of DE. Good to see that you're able to get so much DE. Good luck and try to get golems first if you can. They come in handy in wars, for clanmates at least. I am more of a dragon guy myself.
    Thanks

Minions are really great troops to use when farming DE.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganMJ View Post
    Wow!!! All skulls, I am pretty sure it would take me minimum 2 more months to be there. My AQ is still 3 and BK 9. You're going at much higher pace than I am. Awesome!!! I'd take inspiration from you.

I am yet to start with my traps, should do that sometime. Regarding valks and Golems, go for Golems. They are wonderful at lvl3+. Haha. I've never bought gems. It's tempting, but I pass on the temptation. Patience is one thing that COC has taught me.
    Lol thanks but couldnt resist the temptation and bought it and started aq 5, bk11 and valks 3. i was short of 5k de and i didnt want to farm and i bought the pack in closing minutes. But i plan to do hogs 5 and golem 3 soon depending on how the heroes would be. Thanks for your army camp. I am mostly rushing with my attacks since doing it during work and without proper thinking and i feel thats the issue so i will slow down now after the initial TH9 excitement. Want to start the 2nd army camp today or barrack for baby drag.

Regarding skulls i just had too much gold and almost started upgrading them instantly and also have few legos now. Also without Heroes it takes a bit of effort for farming especially that AQ would be down most of the time.

Centennial Club
    thanks for the comp. Let me try this but i would have to drop crazy to silver 1 for that. Currently just hovering around 1700+ mark in gold 1.