Thread: Thanksgiving Decorations?

Thanksgiving Decorations?

Just wondering why we don't have Thanksgiving decorations? Or celebrate this holiday on Hay Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Rachlearrt View Post
    Just wondering why we don't have Thanksgiving decorations? Or celebrate this holiday on Hay Day?
    Probably because it's not a global holiday. In the UK we have just had Guy Fawkes' night, but that is specific to us, so Hay Day doesn't do that.

I've long thought that we could have non-specific celebration decorations, though, that we could use on special events.

Oh, and I'd love to have some turkeys to farm!

Hay Day level 182 (main farm) - I have seven others!

Centennial Club
    Well I'm happy to celebrate Thanks giving with our American Friends if they want to celebrate fire works night with us in the UK!

only request I have: please in the name if God can you take Justin Bieber back,

Blackberry Farm
    UK Staffordshire
    Last edited by Staffordshire; November 13th, 2016 at 02:19 PM.

Or at least some fall decos something between summer and winter...

Quote Originally Posted by Bhall99 View Post
    Or at least some fall decos something between summer and winter...
    Exactly!!

This is my third fall season on the farm, and we got lots of Halloween decorations in the past (this year being a glaring exception.) I just scrolled through my decoration shop to confirm that we have nothing that is appropriate to the fall season. The closest we have are the hay bales and campfires which are old general farm stuff.

In the fall 2014 update, we got the mushroom stump along with the mossy rock and "Plymouth Rock". That mushroom stump is as close as it gets.

When the WoF deco prizes were tweaked in the fall 2015 update we got the hydrangeas. Love my hydrangeas, but they would have been more welcome in spring. Yes, it's spring in the southern hemisphere, but Hay Day's seasons mimic the northern hemisphere. Why couldn't a lovely holly bush with red berries have been used instead of the hydrangea? It would have been appreciated through fall and winter.

The last buy-diamonds-and-get-a-deco that appeared in the late summer offered the beautiful wisteria. Another spring-blooming item. Why couldn't it have been a tree with colored leaves?

I know they have 4 seasons in Finland; could someone please start giving us deco for some other season than spring? We loved the daffodils, and they were introduced appropriately in Easter 2016. The other delightful thing about them was they could be purchased with coins!!! Joy on farms around the world!!

There are a number of old threads with suggestions for seasonal fall decorations (as opposed to holiday-specific ones). I know it's too late for this year for fall and winter, but please​, SC, consider offering some fall and winter decorations for next year.
    Last edited by MiniGardener; November 13th, 2016 at 10:31 PM.

Farm Level 128 | Town 41 | Achievements 143/144

...and another one bites the dust!

I had really hoped that we would get seasonal trees to buy this autumn. Yesterday I had yet another attack of sausage fingers, and cut down yet another of the native trees. Fortunately it was an orange-coloured one, rather than my favourite red, but it was still irreplaceable.

I'd be happy to have separate seasonal trees available to buy for each season.

Hay Day level 182 (main farm) - I have seven others!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    ...and another one bites the dust!

I had really hoped that we would get seasonal trees to buy this autumn. Yesterday I had yet another attack of sausage fingers, and cut down yet another of the native trees. Fortunately it was an orange-coloured one, rather than my favourite red, but it was still irreplaceable.

I'd be happy to have separate seasonal trees available to buy for each season.
    So discouraging!!! I didn't even bother to mention the popular request for seasonal trees to buy. There are umpteen threads dating back to when sequoias were tiny seeds for that. Also for making it a "confirmation" action when removing original features.

Farm Level 128 | Town 41 | Achievements 143/144