Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 35 of 35

Thread: Stop engineered clans

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by vhs View Post
    Agreed, engineering is not cheating. But, I think the better term would be sandbagging - people are working the imperfections of the matchmaking algorithm to get favourable matchups. There are many ways to play this game, and sandbagging is one of them. I don't see the enjoyment of playing the game this way, but I recognize that nobody put me in charge.

    What sandbaggers fail to realize is that they spoil other people's fun. It's no fun to match with a clan like this in war, because the war is sometimes over before it started. So, regular clans stop warring, and people slowly leave this game. We used to war twice a week, and now it's twice a month because too many of our players are frustrated with war matchmaking.

    And when people leave the game, that hurts everyone.

    In short, sandbaggers are forcing people out of the game, and SuperCell is allowing it to happen because of their inability to put the MM algorithm in a more sensible space. The shortsightedness of people who claim to be "engineers" is just baffling to me. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.


    This is old news....engineering is nerfed and dead since October update. Please find another subject to complain about.
    BTW even before the October update, engineered clans had their challenges as well...it is not like it is a guaranteed win. We have faced many engineered clans, yet we found very few clans (both maxxer and engineered) with more than a 10 wins streak - maybe a couple within the last 100 wars...

  2. #32
    Senior Member KingAroth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido73 View Post
    When a player upgrades their TownHall, that players weight should start off as the Maxed weight of the previous Townhall level.

    That way the Clans that Create defenseless TH11 accounts so that they can match up with Lower Weighted TH9's and TH10's can get fairly matched with maxed TH10 or TH11 clans.
    Putting artificial conditions in the game like only weighting a base by it's TH will make the situation worst. You are working on upgrading defenses or adding a new defenses and you match only based on TH then the person who has the better defenses or new defenses will have an advantage. Let's make it even worst with the idea of only matching on TH levels same thing with the defenses and let's make the person with the lower defenses have lower offense. In fact you want forced engineering and you want SC to do it for you.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by KingAroth View Post
    Putting artificial conditions in the game like only weighting a base by it's TH will make the situation worst. You are working on upgrading defenses or adding a new defenses and you match only based on TH then the person who has the better defenses or new defenses will have an advantage. Let's make it even worst with the idea of only matching on TH levels same thing with the defenses and let's make the person with the lower defenses have lower offense. In fact you want forced engineering and you want SC to do it for you.
    That's not how minimum weights work.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by KingAroth View Post
    Why not learn how to play the game instead of complaining about somebody's strategy that you can do yourself if you wanted to do yourself.
    Ahh, the I need to "learn how to play the game" response. I can now see having a back and forth with you will waste time.

    Quote Originally Posted by topbtm View Post
    This is old news....engineering is nerfed and dead since October update. Please find another subject to complain about.
    If engineering is dead, why do people keep making threads about it?
    Fair enough, I'll stop "complaining" (your word, not mine) about it. I'll move on from this thread.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by vhs View Post
    A
    If engineering is dead, why do people keep making threads about it?
    Fair enough, I'll stop "complaining" (your word, not mine) about it. I'll move on from this thread.

    Many people fail to a very common fallacy: if many people does it, it must be right/true...These people tend to be gullible with a low sense of skepticism and poor analytical skill.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •