Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is why TH11 multiphase attacks are pretty pointless

Banned

This is why TH11 multiphase attacks are pretty pointless

My apologies as this is a cleverly hidden clickbait brag post

Disclaimer: not whining about spam/mass attacks, just noting how multiphase attacks tend to be much weaker compared to spam attacks. My stance is that I like it more this way, less planning, stress and failures for me

Well, in my last war, we were down at 30-31 with better %. We only had 2 attacks left and the last attacker apparently didn't show up. I logged in planning to do my attack in legend league just to see 6min left in the timer. I just chose the best looking enemy base and spammed my troops.

Results:

Whoops, accidentally spammed a 3 star and won us the war. Couldn't believe it!

And this came out in the chat. They did a beautiful QW miner which was matched by my 3 finger miner spam

What do TH11s think of using multiphase attacks? I feel that they fail far too often and rarely generates results, using them will usually cause lower % and rarely in 30 attacks get triples on good bases. You're better off using mass attacks in bad bases because you're less likely to screw something up; while on good bases, you're more likely going to screw up even more.

What's your opinion?

PS: anyone wants to see the base I tripled? Just to ensure its a good anti 3 TH11 base
    Edit: here's the base with 4 corner builder huts, CC golem and loon

This is also why I say cc golem is quite bad. Just time GW tome properly and the entire golem is wasted, or just heal+aura is enough for miners to survive.
    Last edited by SinOfDusk; September 27th, 2016 at 06:46 AM.

My opinion is to leave the multi phase attacks for people that have the free time to learn them. But provide mass attack troops for the casual gamer that wants to have fun in wars.

I'm like you, multi phase attacks fail too often and way too much going on in the screen to have to click on a bunch of different troops at the exact moment.
    Last edited by OfficerSteveRobison; September 26th, 2016 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OfficerSteveRobison View Post
    My opinion is to leave the multi phase attacks for people that have the free time to learn them.

But provide mass attack troops for the casual gamer that wants to hand fun in wars.
    Mass shouldn't be greater than multi IMO

Also, Sin can u show the base, just curious.

And did anyone laugh at "multi-phased spam hybrid attack" as Sin's clanmate called it?

Quote Originally Posted by wretchedhorror View Post
    my motto is if you have time to take a ♥♥♥♥ then you have time to get a war attack in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smirk Saw View Post
    As the very bright kid I was when I was 7, I thought to myself, "Hey is the electrical fence on?" Yes, yes it was

Banned
    My opinion is to leave the multi phase attacks for people that have the free time to learn them. But provide mass attack troops for the casual gamer that wants to have fun in wars.

I'm like you, multi phase attacks fail too often and way too much going on in the screen to have to click on a bunch of different troops at the exact moment.
    Agreed, those attacks tend to fail in legends league where you don't have enough time to plan attacks. In wars, you really need a scout to know what's the cc and know where's the triple gb

Quote Originally Posted by NotTheRealPaul View Post
    Mass shouldn't be greater than multi IMO

Also, Sin can u show the base, just curious.

And did anyone laugh at "multi-phased spam hybrid attack" as Sin's clanmate called it?
    Yeap, laughed so hard that's why I added it in the OP. Its really a multiphase attack, AQ on east alone, BK and 5-1 CC on south to clear sides, then start mass miners with each finger being a phase of the attack
    Last edited by SinOfDusk; September 26th, 2016 at 11:14 PM.

Millennial Club
    nice hit but with the exposed wiz towers its a clear mass miner they are the best def against miners after all.

Too many ex th9's holding on to the spirit of Dragonflower bases. Long live the king, the king is dead.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by SinOfDusk View Post
    My apologies as this is a cleverly hidden clickbait brag post

Well, in my last war, we were down at 30-31 with better %. We only had 2 attacks left and the last attacker apparently didn't show up. I logged in planning to do my attack in legend league just to see 6min left in the timer. I just chose the best looking enemy base and spammed my troops.

Results:

Whoops, accidentally spammed a 3 star and won us the war. Couldn't believe it!

And this came out in the chat. They did a beautiful QW miner which was matched by my 3 finger miner spam

What do TH11s think of using multiphase attacks? I feel that they fail far too often and rarely generates results, using them will usually cause lower % and rarely in 30 attacks get triples on good bases. You're better off using mass attacks in bad bases because you're less likely to screw something up; while on good bases, you're more likely going to screw up even more.

What's your opinion?

PS: anyone wants to see the base I tripled? Just to ensure its a good anti 3 TH11 base
    Edit: here's the base with 4 corner builder huts, CC golem and loon

This is also why I say cc golem is quite bad. Just time GW tome properly and the entire golem is wasted, or just heal+aura is enough for miners to survive.

Let's be fair. The way the game currently stands, all CCs are useless. They are merely a time sink and something to force you to use resources.

Golems as you mention can be dealt with by the warden (though it probably means no warden for core...but thus usually not an issue) and are completely worthless against loons or those sexy new dragon attacks for those that feel putting ADs in the outer corners is a good idea

All barch is annoying but easily dealt with by poison same with baby dragon/barch or minions

Dragons are easily crushed by the queen

Loon/giant is annoying but only on a first hit

Valks can also be annoying but are easily dealt with by King

Odd combos like witch some loons and archers, baby witch Barb, wizard combo, or whatever can throw you off on the first attack but after that they are easy to deal with (even on first attacks they are easy to deal with)

Basically there isn't a single great CC troop combo currently.....

The Not So Sneaky Ninja N1NJ4W4RR10R's Avatar
    I think the people who hate spam just hate seeing an average player have a chance at a 3 star...
    Click here to see my youtube channel. Make sure to read the description for the info I cant fit here.
    Looking to join a clan where wars dont stop, a clan with some great people
    always around to chat? Check out the Forum Goat Herd, the best place to be!
    Thanks to evertonjeff for the awesome sig pic and avatar!!!

Quote Originally Posted by N1NJ4W4RR10R View Post
    I think the people who hate spam just hate seeing an average player have a chance at a 3 star...
    That's what it is. I don't get it because if they hate spam attacks then don't use them, use multi phase attacks instead. Nobody is forcing them to use mass miners or bowlers.

But don't take away the chance of a 3 star for a casual gamer if they prefer mass attacks. Eventually they may get bored and try multi phase attacks but at least there is a backup army for them.
    Last edited by OfficerSteveRobison; September 27th, 2016 at 12:46 AM.

Banned

If that is how it is to be, the mass should be good for 2* most of the time, and a good multi phase should be what you need to go to when you need a 3*
    Last edited by FisherPrice; September 27th, 2016 at 01:05 AM.