Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sugarpacket - A TH8 Anti 3 War Base

Sugarpacket - A TH8 Anti 3 War Base

Hey I'm Nexiogi, a newish forumer and longtime lurker. I am a base designer but haven't been designing for a long time. I present to you Sugarpacket, my first decent base design.

Table of Contents:
    1. The Base
    2. Features
    3. Conclusion
    4. Logs

1. The Base:

V1.0

Walls

Scout View

2. Features

Anti-Dragon:
    - From the positioning of the sweeper and air defenses, tempts the attacker to zapquake the northernmost air defense and attack from the southwest side
    - Storages and trash buildings are a time waster for the drags, stalling them while the 2 bottom air defenses kill them
    - Seeking air mines are placed strategically so that hopefully they target the drags and not the loons
    - Air killzone in the north consisting of a tesla farm, wiz towers, and archer towers kill the remaining drags and loons
    - The two corner buildings waste time
    - Builder huts waste time as dragons have a long attack animation and dragons also take a while to target another building

Anti-Hog:
    - Centralized DGB (yes this is bad at TH9) makes it harder to disable with a killsquad
    - It is a pretty hidden DGB which makes it very effective especially against the first attack
    - Decent DGB pathing which can kill hogs
    - Decent point defense spread
    - Tesla farm coupled with BK and skeleton trap to take out the hogs
    - Good spring trap placement

Anti-GoWiPe

Attempt at Anti-Valk/GoVaLo:
    - Long compartments on the outside make it harder to path valks into the base
    - Hard to open up all 3 air defenses with a quad-quake
    - Multiple compartments stall the valks for a while and waste time

3. Conclusion

Thanks for looking at this base! Though it is my best base so far, it can be improved and suggestions/constructive criticism would be appreciated. I hope this base does well in your wars and if you use this, I would really love some more logs!

Thanks to:
    Jlam2
    Speargobs
    OnomatopoeiaDeerMeatMan
    - Without your feedback, this would be a terrible base!

Thanks to Akiyume for the guides - http://akiyume.weebly.com/
    Also thanks to Lennett as I used a similar structure for the thread - http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...hlight=lennett

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Nexiogi; September 25th, 2016 at 02:23 PM.

4. Logs

Last edited by Nexiogi; September 25th, 2016 at 10:10 AM.

More Logs

Looks really solid! Will definitely try it out next war.

theb0nglord
    Level 122 | BK 25 | AQ 28 | 747Stars | GG: 601 Mil | EE: 633 mil | HH: 3.33 mil
    Legos: 75 | Lavas: 175 | Best: 3205

Retired from forums, about to retire from CoC and CR.
    This looks top notch, glad that you could finally post this!
    Retired on Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmaka3m View Post
    Sometimes I want to smash my head into a wall after checking the forums. I don't know how mods survived this long on the forums.
    Awesome sig made by KingKappa, who unfortunately is retired.

Looks great mate! Good pathing, good hidden DGB, overall looks solid! Best of luck with it, I hope it receives as much attention as another base (which I'm not allowed to comment about) because it looks as good

Quote Originally Posted by Lennett View Post
    Looks great mate! Good pathing, good hidden DGB, overall looks solid! Best of luck with it, I hope it receives as much attention as another base (which I'm not allowed to comment about) because it looks as good
    Indeed it does!

420 posts as well
    Retired on Forums.

Sometimes I want to smash my head into a wall after checking the forums. I don't know how mods survived this long on the forums.

I'm not impressed with this base. I use gowiva with cc bowlers for war and this looks like it would be fairly easy with it. I am very good at funneling my troops so keeping my valks headed toward the center wouldn't be that difficult on this base. Id love to test though

Quote Originally Posted by Stormblessed View Post
    I'm not impressed with this base. I use gowiva with cc bowlers for war and this looks like it would be fairly easy with it. I am very good at funneling my troops so keeping my valks headed toward the center wouldn't be that difficult on this base. Id love to test though
    I'm sure that you could wipe this base as long as you have valks or CC bowlers.. really doesn't even matter what kind of execution.

Clearly, TH8 offense much overpowers defense (one can swag 3 heals on internet bases with hogs).
    Retired on Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormblessed View Post
    I agree with the fact it can be 3-starred with gowiva, however, this is after you have already seen the trap placements and tesla farm and can use this information to formulate an effective attack strategy. Hell, if you saw the trap placements, you could probably 3 star it with a gowipe. However, I think just looking at the scout view makes it significantly harder to 3-star, which is the goal of this base.