Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My TH8.5 bases

My TH8.5 and 8.75 base collection

Hey guys!

Since the 8.5 base design and testers group is dying out a bit
    I have decided to post all my (experimental) bases.
    First of all I want to say these bases are possible to three star (Duh, it's a 8.5),
    but are very hard to three star by a th8.

Base nr1:

A base already posted on the forums, overall the base had some succes against goho and gowipe but HGHB and valk-based attacks will destroy this base

Base nr2:

This base was the most succesfull one till now, I still dont know why so many people have problems with this one
    still using this one.

AidanG's version:

Base nr3:

Base designed to defend against valks, kinda works like a ring base,
    other than that base is pretty weak to air attacks.

Base nr4:

Base designed to be anti-HGHB, sometimes succesfullly defends against 9's who dont know what they are doing.
    Defended almost every time against th8's in our FC's, took them +- 8 tries.

Base nr5:

Has several versions with different DGB locations, trash ring around queen compartiment to seperate bowlers from giants, touching buildings should in theory draw valks away from the middle of the base

http://imgur.com/a/yvHXz

Base nr6:

Just a base I made, DGB between AD and canon isn't effective, made two singles out of it

Base nr7:

Last base for today, it's a recent base and still needs a lot of polishing, dgb is easily triggered and some traps aren't effective, help is definitely welcome

It's possible I keep this thread updated but I will be busy this week so I'm not able to post bases but I can check
    your feedback.

Thanks for viewing this
    Last edited by ParadoxalAxioma; February 20th, 2017 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Out dated title

Retired from forums, about to retire from CoC and CR.
    Yeah, 8.5 is dying out. I'm busy, don't have much inspiration either.

They always get smashed by nines, it's discouraging.

Going into TH9 design a little bit myself.
    Retired on Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmaka3m View Post
    Sometimes I want to smash my head into a wall after checking the forums. I don't know how mods survived this long on the forums.
    Awesome sig made by KingKappa, who unfortunately is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by SpearGobs View Post
    Yeah, 8.5 is dying out. I'm busy, don't have much inspiration either.

They always get smashed by nines, it's discouraging.

Going into TH9 design a little bit myself.
    I'm waiting with building new defenses till I have atleast my govaho troops maxed for th9, and maybe do 5 more upgrades on my king and queen.
    Our clan has had a mass shift recently to th8.5 and guess who is the main base designer?
    Staying at 8.5 is discouraging but at least i can help our new 8.5's practice clearing near their base weight

Thanks for posting these. I've been using your #1 for a couple of weeks now and the only time it was 3'd by an early or mid 9 was a double zapquake drag attack when my 4th AD was still low level. It's stood up to early/mid TH9 attackers using valks and, apart from as mentioned above, has only been tripled by top 9s (and 1 TH10). The attackers haven't been the best, TBH, using quadqake goviz, govape and gowipe. If facing a competent attacker it could be a different story.

Edit: and it just got 75% 2 starred by double zapquake drags.
    Last edited by Aspex; September 17th, 2016 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspex View Post
    Thanks for posting these. I've been using your #1 for a couple of weeks now and the only time it was 3'd by an early or mid 9 was a double zapquake drag attack when my 4th AD was still low level. It's stood up to early/mid TH9 attackers using valks and, apart from as mentioned above, has only been tripled by top 9s (and 1 TH10). The attackers haven't been the best, TBH, using quadqake goviz, govape and gowipe. If facing a competent attacker it could be a different story.

Edit: and it just got 75% 2 starred by double zapquake drags.
    I m glad the base works for you, I ran it a couple of weeks myself, but a lot of valk attacks ruined this base, mainly because I was attacked by mid th9's, we dont face a lot of 8.5s tbh, will start using it again, now I have lvl10 heroes instead of my silly level 3 queen when I made that base

Banned
    8.5 bases are useless really.
    If you can stand your ground for even 1 attack that does not 3-star you, the job is done.
    8.5 is about attacking higher up the scale, so they don't need lots of different bases. It's a waste of time to go design that. People higher up will have to smack you down, no way they fail because of some kind of 8.5 base.

Retired from forums, about to retire from CoC and CR.
    Quote Originally Posted by djaroela View Post
    If you can stand your ground for even 1 attack that does not 3-star you, the job is done.
    8.5 is about attacking higher up the scale, so they don't need lots of different bases. It's a waste of time to go design that. People higher up will have to smack you down, no way they fail because of some kind of 8.5 base.
    Agreed, but you can always use 4 troll teslas because why not.
    Retired on Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmaka3m View Post
    Sometimes I want to smash my head into a wall after checking the forums. I don't know how mods survived this long on the forums.
    Awesome sig made by KingKappa, who unfortunately is retired.

I agree 100% with what you said, but what else do I need to do when I'm waiting for my war/farm army?

Little update
    This is probably the last time I'll upload an 8.5 (or 8.6?) base to the forums.
    The new update really killed the 8.5 route, but thats just my opinion .
    So I present you the Why-Did-I-Ever-Choose-The-8.5-Route ! (does not include new bomb tower or 4th wiz tower)
    This is probably the worst base i made so far but which 8.5 cares about defending these days?

There are some wars where I can defend 4 to 8 attacks with my th8.5 base, and all from th9 attackers.
    DarkStar - TH8.5 with 600+ war stars.