Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why Clashcon cancelled and why game is dying.

  1. #1

    Why Clashcon cancelled and why game is dying.

    1) Supercell cancelled Clashcon most likely due to their 2 games are catching so much heat for balancing issues and lack of content.

    2) Supercell has great programmers but poor game designers for content. They have no idea how to balance the offense/ defense. Also they have not figured a way to set a algorithm for match making to make wars evenly matched.

    3) Supercell can't figure a way to match engineered bases (loop sided as they call them). Clans daily get unevenly matched because of this flawed system. Supercell hasn't addressed this since game went live.

    4) Supercell roughly 18 months ago decided to make healers immune to air traps. Since then they have nerfed troops (once we have spent hours farming resources like witches...), made healers hit traps again, and now keep buffing defenses (cannons). Thus the th10/11 2 star attacks are back in play. Very unlikely to get 3 stars on a th11 unless the base design is horrible. Supercell please fix your game it has become horrible!

  2. #2
    Clash is dying omgg sorry but there's enough of these posts some dating back to 4 years ago

  3. #3
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltar813 View Post
    1) Supercell cancelled Clashcon most likely due to their 2 games are catching so much heat for balancing issues and lack of content.
    Where did you get your information on this? My information, along with the logical explanation is that the coming update is going to be huge and the small group of SC employees needed all hands on deck to get the update out.

    You might feel that they are taking heat for balancing and lack of content, however when I look around I see even the majority of th11's don't have all of the current content even unlocked and upgraded yet (I know I don't, in fact i'm months away from it). While you can argue there are outstanding troop balancing issues, that has been going on for the last 3+ years I've been playing not sure I use it as an excuse to say the game is dying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saltar813 View Post
    2) Supercell has great programmers but poor game designers for content. They have no idea how to balance the offense/ defense. Also they have not figured a way to set a algorithm for match making to make wars evenly matched.
    These "poor" game designers developed the most successful mobile game in history and it has been copied hundred if times. Factually your comment is completely out to lunch.

    While some players come on and whine about matches, once you remove engineered bases most players that understand how match making works would tell you 90%+ of all matches are equal. I know my clan's matches have been fine for months and months without any mismatches. I think you are listening to the nerf crowd.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saltar813 View Post
    3) Supercell can't figure a way to match engineered bases (loop sided as they call them). Clans daily get unevenly matched because of this flawed system. Supercell hasn't addressed this since game went live.
    They in fact have made several changes to war match making to improve it since its been released. (You need to check your facts)

    Engineered or "lopsided" bases are still a hotly contested topic with players on both sides of the fence. While it does impact match making, I wouldn't call it an issue that they need to drop everything and immediately address the problem. Its only been the last couple months that engineered bases have really hit anyones radar. Time to relax and not over-react on this one. I'm sure SC will deal with it soon enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saltar813 View Post
    4) Supercell roughly 18 months ago decided to make healers immune to air traps. Since then they have nerfed troops (once we have spent hours farming resources like witches...), made healers hit traps again, and now keep buffing defenses (cannons). Thus the th10/11 2 star attacks are back in play. Very unlikely to get 3 stars on a th11 unless the base design is horrible. Supercell please fix your game it has become horrible!
    I'm not sure what your whole point is on the healers. While again, it was strongly debated, I have yet to see any real impact in attack strategies or win rates in war and multiplayer. I'm not sure if you have a th11 account, but I can asure you that 3 stars are still happening and happening with a good frequency (my attack log is 80% filled with 3 star attacks). Once again, you need to check your facts.


    Look dude, I get it, you wanted to post another "Clash is dying" thread. Why not go back over the hundreds of threads over the years and find some good ones and try to copy them. Just blurting out garbage doesn't help you get your point across, especially when its filled with incorrect information. Good try though?
    *********************
    Camja11
    **Retired**
    May 28, 2017

  4. #4
    Forum All-Star Adevati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,368
    More than likely, Marketing realized their money would be spent better advertising than putting on an international convention halfway across the globe from their office. Probably all it came down to.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Camja11 View Post
    Where did you get your information on this? My information, along with the logical explanation is that the coming update is going to be huge and the small group of SC employees needed all hands on deck to get the update out.

    You might feel that they are taking heat for balancing and lack of content, however when I look around I see even the majority of th11's don't have all of the current content even unlocked and upgraded yet (I know I don't, in fact i'm months away from it). While you can argue there are outstanding troop balancing issues, that has been going on for the last 3+ years I've been playing not sure I use it as an excuse to say the game is dying.



    These "poor" game designers developed the most successful mobile game in history and it has been copied hundred if times. Factually your comment is completely out to lunch.

    While some players come on and whine about matches, once you remove engineered bases most players that understand how match making works would tell you 90%+ of all matches are equal. I know my clan's matches have been fine for months and months without any mismatches. I think you are listening to the nerf crowd.



    They in fact have made several changes to war match making to improve it since its been released. (You need to check your facts)

    Engineered or "lopsided" bases are still a hotly contested topic with players on both sides of the fence. While it does impact match making, I wouldn't call it an issue that they need to drop everything and immediately address the problem. Its only been the last couple months that engineered bases have really hit anyones radar. Time to relax and not over-react on this one. I'm sure SC will deal with it soon enough.



    I'm not sure what your whole point is on the healers. While again, it was strongly debated, I have yet to see any real impact in attack strategies or win rates in war and multiplayer. I'm not sure if you have a th11 account, but I can asure you that 3 stars are still happening and happening with a good frequency (my attack log is 80% filled with 3 star attacks). Once again, you need to check your facts.


    Look dude, I get it, you wanted to post another "Clash is dying" thread. Why not go back over the hundreds of threads over the years and find some good ones and try to copy them. Just blurting out garbage doesn't help you get your point across, especially when its filled with incorrect information. Good try though?
    I actually have the following:

    th11 40/40/20
    th10 40/33
    th 9 30/28
    th 9 15/20
    th 8 6

    i have the facts and the knowledge! Matching making maybe you had good luck...here my last matchup us / them th11 2/3 th10 6/10 th9 13/9. Like I said if you getting 3 stars on th11 it's a poorly designed base or not max!
    Last edited by Saltar813; September 5th, 2016 at 02:45 AM.

  6. #6
    Pro Member kobali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    India
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by Camja11 View Post
    Where did you get your information on this? My information, along with the logical explanation is that the coming update is going to be huge and the small group of SC employees needed all hands on deck to get the update out.

    You might feel that they are taking heat for balancing and lack of content, however when I look around I see even the majority of th11's don't have all of the current content even unlocked and upgraded yet (I know I don't, in fact i'm months away from it). While you can argue there are outstanding troop balancing issues, that has been going on for the last 3+ years I've been playing not sure I use it as an excuse to say the game is dying.



    These "poor" game designers developed the most successful mobile game in history and it has been copied hundred if times. Factually your comment is completely out to lunch.

    While some players come on and whine about matches, once you remove engineered bases most players that understand how match making works would tell you 90%+ of all matches are equal. I know my clan's matches have been fine for months and months without any mismatches. I think you are listening to the nerf crowd.



    They in fact have made several changes to war match making to improve it since its been released. (You need to check your facts)

    Engineered or "lopsided" bases are still a hotly contested topic with players on both sides of the fence. While it does impact match making, I wouldn't call it an issue that they need to drop everything and immediately address the problem. Its only been the last couple months that engineered bases have really hit anyones radar. Time to relax and not over-react on this one. I'm sure SC will deal with it soon enough.



    I'm not sure what your whole point is on the healers. While again, it was strongly debated, I have yet to see any real impact in attack strategies or win rates in war and multiplayer. I'm not sure if you have a th11 account, but I can asure you that 3 stars are still happening and happening with a good frequency (my attack log is 80% filled with 3 star attacks). Once again, you need to check your facts.


    Look dude, I get it, you wanted to post another "Clash is dying" thread. Why not go back over the hundreds of threads over the years and find some good ones and try to copy them. Just blurting out garbage doesn't help you get your point across, especially when its filled with incorrect information. Good try though?
    Nailed it! Completely! Is OP still alive?

  7. #7
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    146
    Hardly a day goes by on these forums without a "game is dying" thread. Surprised it wasn't a fresh spawn this time

  8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Forum Superstar Tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chch, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltar813 View Post
    1) Supercell cancelled Clashcon most likely due to their 2 games are catching so much heat for balancing issues and lack of content.

    2) Supercell has great programmers but poor game designers for content. They have no idea how to balance the offense/ defense. Also they have not figured a way to set a algorithm for match making to make wars evenly matched.

    3) Supercell can't figure a way to match engineered bases (loop sided as they call them). Clans daily get unevenly matched because of this flawed system. Supercell hasn't addressed this since game went live.

    4) Supercell roughly 18 months ago decided to make healers immune to air traps. Since then they have nerfed troops (once we have spent hours farming resources like witches...), made healers hit traps again, and now keep buffing defenses (cannons). Thus the th10/11 2 star attacks are back in play. Very unlikely to get 3 stars on a th11 unless the base design is horrible. Supercell please fix your game it has become horrible!
    Numbers 2-4 are merely your opinions, which you are entitled to express.
    However, number 1 is not opinion, it is absolutely false. ClashCon is not going ahead for the exact reason expressed in this post by a staff member.
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...=1#post8238787
    Last edited by Tinkerbell; September 5th, 2016 at 05:52 AM.



  9. #9
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3

    issue after issue

    Player banned are making defence less bases player who knows the game well only upgrade offence as healer is useless so upgrading heros is not worth they will probably upgrade to lvl15 so and upgrade only war troops like e.g miner,bowler etc supercell cannot handle this issue.only 2 month u will see this happening..

  10. #10
    Millennial Club Roynice152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,437
    Another troll with only 19 posts who wants attention. I would like all moderators to just close these threads

    "Experience, the one thing in life you can not buy"
    Town Hall 12 Level 216
    1302 war stars Level 13 Clan #8RLP2VV


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •