Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [Clash of Clans API] Couple of things in the works

Centennial Club
    Great news!

Been waiting for this . Will the information include TH Level? It's been requested a lot on Clash of Stats . It would be great to get it in the clan member list too.

Also regarding Wars, are you considering accepting the proposal from this thread: forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/1146871-Warlog-API-informations-are-unfortunately-already-useless?

It would be great to just hide the last two wars instead of the whole war log that we can build a real war ranking.

Anyway, thanks for the news Anoushka!
    Last edited by AdrienBaron; August 31st, 2016 at 06:27 AM.
    Hey Chief!
    Checkout Clash of Stats! Free Live Clan Page, Historical Data, Clans Rankings and Players Rankings.
    Awesome feature you would like to see? Critics? Tell me here!

Quote Originally Posted by AdrienBaron View Post
    Also regarding Wars, are you considering accepting the proposal from this thread: forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/1146871-Warlog-API-informations-are-unfortunately-already-useless?

It would be great to just hide the last two wars instead of the whole war log that we can build a real war ranking.
    Agreed...that would be a huge improvement. As a temporary solution, while our war log is private in-game, we're making it public on our web site like this. A legit fix would be a much more viable option.

Really excited about this player info being made available! Thank you, Supercell!

Quote Originally Posted by AdrienBaron View Post
    Please let's not mix things.

Your proposal is about the in-game public war log feature. You propose to blur the names of the last two opponent clans in the public war log (or make them otherwise unavailable), so that the opponent in the current war cannot send a spy to these clans to look at your clan's bases through their recent war log.

While I would support that proposal, it has nothing to do with war information over the API!

The API change announced here is about making more in-game information available over the API for clan management web sites.

My proposal above was to add current and historical war log information to that, but protected with a password token.
    So that information would not be public in the first place.
    Last edited by Orafu; August 31st, 2016 at 12:42 PM. Reason: "public" added for clarification

Add defensive structures and levels so we could write scripts to handle calculating war weights to make arranged wars easier. Or implement arranged wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Orafu View Post
    Please let's not mix things.

My proposal above was to add current and historical war log information to that, but protected with a password token.
    So that information would not be public in the first place.
    Speaking of mixing things....

EDIT: I should add that I love the direction your ideas were going, too. Definitely on board with that.
    Last edited by stevenfail; August 31st, 2016 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenfail View Post
    Speaking of mixing things....

EDIT: I should add that I love the direction your ideas were going, too. Definitely on board with that.
    Yeah...

And thanks.

Fresh Spawn
    This list would be useful. Also extremely useful for us would be more specific war stats. One of the harder things is to plan a war, as predicting the order of players is difficult if they have not warred with us before. So, being able to see what a potential war order (clan API) would be would be great. Also useful would be aggregated stats on war attacks (0, 1, 2, and 3 star attacks in previous wars). This would also be in clan API, but refer to individual players.

The Not So Sneaky Ninja N1NJ4W4RR10R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleggy View Post
    Thanks for the info, not seen this side of the forum before.
    Great stuff to look forward to

edit: totally misread the initial post haha

Edit edit: this is all way over my head, had to do some looking around for what an API is.. Now i know, im scared, as some one who struggles with putting my ipad on charge and opening Safari, i shall be steering well clear of this side of the forum in future haha
    Ive taken a guess, and im not going to pretend to have a clue But I will say this, whether its for the clash website or in game changes, theyll be great

Now, to dissapear and never return to this sub-forum
    Click here to see my youtube channel. Make sure to read the description for the info I cant fit here.
    Looking to join a clan where wars dont stop, a clan with some great people
    always around to chat? Check out the Forum Goat Herd, the best place to be!
    Thanks to evertonjeff for the awesome sig pic and avatar!!!

Just thought about it, if it wouldn't return the clan in profile, you would still give players the option to follow their friend's progress, but they are still unable to find you unless you tell them your clan tag.

Would also be an acceptable solution if you don't want to require the clan tag too.

Hoping that ANOUSHKA is following here, making the API to open is a security risk
    Werner der Champ German CoC Wiki Admin (Link)
    My Ideas:Matchmaking fix for Legends|Cat troop idea|Ultimate Clash Royale Tournament idea
    Quote Originally Posted by WernerderChamp View Post
    Are you again waiting till 100,000,000 total clicks on "Try again" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    Yes. Please hurry up with the final 10,000 taps!

I create hit list for my clan based on offense, this will save me so much time!