Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why are people so mean. It's a game and people are stealing our fun.

I am surprised to what i read here, all that goes on in Clans, sorry i am very new to all this and i joined one neiborhood, i dont know if you'll were in the same position or not (of being a rookie), but they kicked me out the same day! for no apparent reason, and i was surprised why they did that? and wanted to ask but didnt know how to, ofcourse i had no clue about Derby and tasks and rewards, coz i had joined, when the Derby was already on and didnt know anything about it. Anyways, i will never know why they kicked me. Then i joined another clan, and after really trying hard, found out that we can chat, so i wrote stuff, and i even inform them before selling stuff in my shop, stuff like wood planks, nails, etc. whatever i have excess of and need space in the barn or Silo. but they dont seem a chatty lot. When Derby opened, the current one going on is my first one, I had issue in Derby and begged them to help me, but the response came from only one who is also the leader after a day or 2, and i dont see anyone doing any tasks, me and the leader are the only ones doing tasks, out of which i finished 1 task of 312 points already. Frankly, i have no clue what to look for in a neighborhood. I am just sticking to the one i am in, though i would appreciate if they were competitive and took more interest in Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezGrows View Post
    I am surprised to what i read here, all that goes on in Clans, sorry i am very new to all this and i joined one neiborhood, i dont know if you'll were in the same position or not (of being a rookie), but they kicked me out the same day! for no apparent reason, and i was surprised why they did that? and wanted to ask but didnt know how to, ofcourse i had no clue about Derby and tasks and rewards, coz i had joined, when the Derby was already on and didnt know anything about it. Anyways, i will never know why they kicked me. Then i joined another clan, and after really trying hard, found out that we can chat, so i wrote stuff, and i even inform them before selling stuff in my shop, stuff like wood planks, nails, etc. whatever i have excess of and need space in the barn or Silo. but they dont seem a chatty lot. When Derby opened, the current one going on is my first one, I had issue in Derby and begged them to help me, but the response came from only one who is also the leader after a day or 2, and i dont see anyone doing any tasks, me and the leader are the only ones doing tasks, out of which i finished 1 task of 312 points already. Frankly, i have no clue what to look for in a neighborhood. I am just sticking to the one i am in, though i would appreciate if they were competitive and took more interest in Derby.
    There are lots of neighborhoods, and they are all different in character. If you aren't totally happy with the one you are in, I would suggest moving on. Eventually you will find one that suits your needs.

Because of the Derby issues this week, where everyone has been opted in, it could be that you are in a hood where hardly anyone is playing. There are some hoods that are "dead".

Neighborhoods can be great, but only if you find one that suits your own playing style and that you feel comfortable in.

Hope this helps

Hay Day level 179 (main farm) - I have several others
    Boom Beach experience level 51

Thank you Cowslips, it does help, however, how do we know before joining if that particular group is active or dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    There are lots of neighborhoods, and they are all different in character. If you aren't totally happy with the one you are in, I would suggest moving on. Eventually you will find one that suits your needs.

Because of the Derby issues this week, where everyone has been opted in, it could be that you are in a hood where hardly anyone is playing. There are some hoods that are "dead".

Neighborhoods can be great, but only if you find one that suits your own playing style and that you feel comfortable in.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by GeezGrows View Post
    Thank you Cowslips, it does help, however, how do we know before joining if that particular group is active or dead!
    Read through the Neighborhood Recruiting section. After a few posts, you'll get a feel for the wording and what the hoods want. You have to know what kind of play style you want too. There are so many types of NHs, don't waste time in one that doesn't feel right for you. Good Luck!

I have been in neighborhoods like you are speaking of. So frustrating. I, too, would post stuff up for people in the hood. Always very helpful. In one hood, there was a person relatively new to derby, I saved all my trees/bushes for them to water for help tasks as that was about all they could do. And I have a bazillion trees/bushes. Was able to get all their tasks done off watering for me. But if I needed something, forget it. So I started my own neighborhood. It currently only has myself and my son in it. He played more in winter months so come spring, he opted out of derby. Just now they put him back in and I will probably get kicked down from champions league. I always do 320's and do the extra task. But with him not playing, I won't place this time. I would love to have a few good/active members. I make everyone co-leader. Let me know if you are interested

Quote Originally Posted by kisstheski View Post
    I have been in neighborhoods like you are speaking of. So frustrating. I, too, would post stuff up for people in the hood. Always very helpful. In one hood, there was a person relatively new to derby, I saved all my trees/bushes for them to water for help tasks as that was about all they could do. And I have a bazillion trees/bushes. Was able to get all their tasks done off watering for me. But if I needed something, forget it. So I started my own neighborhood. It currently only has myself and my son in it. He played more in winter months so come spring, he opted out of derby. Just now they put him back in and I will probably get kicked down from champions league. I always do 320's and do the extra task. But with him not playing, I won't place this time. I would love to have a few good/active members. I make everyone co-leader. Let me know if you are interested
    We have been told on the forum that no neighborhood will be demoted at the end of this Derby, because of the opt-in glitch. Next week everything should be back to normal - fingers crossed!

Hay Day level 179 (main farm) - I have several others
    Boom Beach experience level 51

What is the name of your Neighborhood? Coz this is my first Derby, and i was the only one doing tasks, managed a Green horse shoe, but the game is not allowing me my 5th task, it says "Failed to start the task" but i would love to join a neighborhood where people are helpful/considerate and competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by kisstheski View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Clynn0125 View Post
    It also says 320 only tasks on the page before a person joins. So he took a 255 task at the second the derby started and typed hahahahahaha. I think this is one of those people joining other neighborhoods just to sabotage. I'm so not happy.
    As a player familiar with being in a global hood, I have witnessed this myself and it is horrible for the friendly competitive players vs. these outright combative teams who send sabatogers. However, what I did witness in my time with a global hood, was my leader (not a very well liked person at this point) and other co-leaders antagonizing the other hoods during derby. Definitely not helpful. Hood description changes, farm name changes etc. (That's asking for trouble) My wish is for people to peacefully enjoy their own neighbors, and treat each other with respect. Also for the record, no leader should ever shame a team member in their hood, it earns them a bad reputation and will also encourage retaliation by others who don't take the high road. So while I've seen the ugly side of people in HD I don't give up or lose faith in people. There is much kindness to be found. I hope your team develops a strong core and friendly outside relationships that can come assist when you ask for help.

Naming and shaming people leads to nothing positive.

Oh... I am so sorry that you bumped into a major troll.
    Unfortunately a wide range of people play this game and we can't screen everyone. In my opinion, Hayday players tend to be way more peaceful and mature than average folk, but still you don't know anything about this complete stranger.
    That's why now I only hire via introductions from my current hoodies when we have an empty spot.
    My hoodies are really nice people and they are one of the few reasons why I love the game so much. I can clearly say if I had worse experiences I may have easily become frustrated with the game.
    GC: Madeleine Akaino KIK: madeleineakaino
    Farm Level 107 & Town Level 34, NH: Its Jennys Hood