Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are people so mean. It's a game and people are stealing our fun.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfarm View Post
    Ever since I was level 18 I have completed all task - please if tasks is on the board it is easy. I would pick things I could do - wheat task, fishing boats. I would not take town task, low level farm in town is a no no.

Since starting my own hood had my share of weeds to dig out. I like to give people a chance. Just last week we had a player never talk once, but did help others. But when their view of complete all task was complete one task then systematically take all other tasks trashing them was a big sin. They destroyed good tasks as well as throwing away points and chances of placing. Without them we would have placed in CL again!!!!! I told them off in chat, booted before derby ended. Yes they are free loaders, yes they think we are mugs but does give some satisfaction to strip them of rewards as punishment.

This week I am dealing with guy who says "give me unlimited revives and mining tools or I won't complete, ps give me all tools of all types and all your gold while you are at it" even when put up revives kept begging I buy their stuff full price and sell back 1g before would have me complete my 18 tasks..... Great.... Being held to ransom - is this worse than free loader? I was tbh tempted to kick on day1 of derby, for now playing along and biding time....

In past also had free loaders where they do no task, get booted, change name & layout trying to get back in lol. But the good news is we are just about done with recruiting and have a 99% awesome team. If someone slips a task because real life happened - fair enough, but free loader won't be tolerated.
    So you had member(newbie suppose) who wanted to say you , that she/he dont do tasks if you dont do what he/she wants? I am leader in my nh and I really would know what I will do in that case ..but ..that kind action is very rude and not nice.. I am sorry because that kind can happen :/
    Farm name: Maaritin Maatila (Leader) Level: 138 Reputation Level: 30 Ach: 140/144
    Hood: VY.BRAT FARM. League:Champ All trophies :131/38/18 (champ 110/31/17)
    Leaderboard position:61

https://www.facebook.com/VYBRATFARMINFO/

I was a bit gob smacked, I admit it prob sounds a bit worse than it was. The person in question was not just new but quite young - very keen to expand and I think a bit of not realising they were coming off as too demanding. My choice on day one was just say to myself, forget this and kick or bite my tongue and help them through the derby tasks. Normally I would do mining task myself at least twice, and help others by supplying whatever leftovers they need to finish task, more than happy to help for the greater good. However, this week I didn't do task once and I didn't count what I gave away but probably 400+ ores worth... This is something I am a bit uneasy with anyway, my gold ore mined achievement is not going well and giving away explosives so much already had me questioning if I should be giving away any??? I normally wouldn't take the task unless I had at least 80+ ores worth to begin with.

Over time in this game I have found it easier to kick and give less chances to new people, however I asked others what they thought should be done, the majority said give warning and explain what is expected behaviour. Maybe kicking would have been kinder than the piece of my mind I gave! So they have promised to help others more etc, I am fine to give another chance. You can understand people's passion for wanting to progress expansion, but also realise everyone needs help rather than being the centre of the universe, with that explained only time will tell.

At times it's not fun to be a leader, every now and then you think to yourself - I could just join a serious nh where I keep my head down and just do all my tasks, rather than spend time stressing who needs help and will they complete all tasks. But its rewarding too when it's a nice atmosphere and everything is almost running like a well oiled machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazzanga View Post
    Besides a Derby leaderboard saboteur, he can also be a Derby Achievement free rider. There are low-lives in Hay Day world who jump from hood to hood to get Derby Champ achievement without striving to do or even finish any task and leave after a derby starts to collect his/her Derby Champ achievement point and moves to another hood. The fact that your hood is in the leader board makes him easier to find and requests to join (especially with the same language spoken).

Two tips you can do to minimize Hay Day low-lives like him:
    - only accept new members during derby thus he/she cannot participate in derby and monitor the whole week if he/she helps and chats and you can kinda judge from there if he/she is a genuine player
    - if you have to accept new members during derby break monitor if he/she chats and from his/her words you can also kinda judge from there if he/she is a genuine player. If no communication during the whole derby break period, better to kick him/her out cos you don't know if he/she is a player fits for your hood requirements.

Of course these two tips do not 100% guarantee you will not get a free-rider/saboteur, but at least you and other leaders can judge between the lines what kind of player the new member is and if he/she is a genuine derby player. Outside game communication between leader and co-leaders also help with this decision process .
    Good advice here and we try to follow that in our hood. Best not to accept new members until Derby has started then we can get an idea if they will be great hoodies or not. However, this is not foolproof!!

Was that gamers name... G.D. Farms?We had that person join us just this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clynn0125 View Post
    I heard of this before but never thought it would happen in our hood. A new member joined us I guess seeing that we have never lost a derby and asked to stay. He's level 39 and we are 85-109. We allowed and informed him this was a 320 only group and we were striving for leaderboard status. It also says 320 only tasks on the page before a person joins. So he took a 255 task at the second the derby started and typed hahahahahaha. I think this is one of those people joining other neighborhoods just to sabotage. I'm so bummed.

Totally not understanding some people right now. Be warned, rant ahead... Had a couple join us last week (Fri or Sat), both fairly high level, she didn't talk after the initial get-to-know-you convo; he joined later. They were doing a few things we don't do in our hood, so when brought to their attention, he says "ok". Then they keep doing them, but not as much. Constantly making requests through the birdhouse for high level items. Never once said TY. One of us gave her pillows, no thank you, but then she directly asks that same person for blankets! OK, so she did chat once.

When asked if going to opt in for derby, no answers. They said they were American, so we gave them some leeway as it was a holiday wknd. Opted out until last hours before the derby, which for a lot of us is middle of the night. Then you can guess what happened. She does 1 task; he did 3, then they left 48hours into the derby. We are glad to see them go, glad they won't get the extra prizes, but now our place at #1 probably isn't going to last. At this point our plan is to do enough not to be in bottom 3.

Seriously, what is with people? Are they this selfish and un-courteous in real life too? They must be very unhappy....

Wouldn't itbe nice if new members came with stats of their own like how many nhs they have been in and hiw long they were members before leaving/kicked. You could have an idea of their commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Haly2003 View Post
    Wouldn't itbe nice if new members came with stats of their own like how many nhs they have been in and hiw long they were members before leaving/kicked. You could have an idea of their commitment.
    Good idea! Maybe you should put it in the Ideas and Feature Request section

Quote Originally Posted by Haly2003 View Post
    I also second this, I also put in a suggestion that achievement is changed, if you got credit on last day of derby rather thanks first 5 mins it would be another deterrent to achievement riders.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfarm View Post
    Ever since I was level 18 I have completed all task - please if tasks is on the board it is easy. I would pick things I could do - wheat task, fishing boats. I would not take town task, low level farm in town is a no no.

Since starting my own hood had my share of weeds to dig out. I like to give people a chance. Just last week we had a player never talk once, but did help others. But when their view of complete all task was complete one task then systematically take all other tasks trashing them was a big sin. They destroyed good tasks as well as throwing away points and chances of placing. Without them we would have placed in CL again!!!!! I told them off in chat, booted before derby ended. Yes they are free loaders, yes they think we are mugs but does give some satisfaction to strip them of rewards as punishment.

This week I am dealing with guy who says "give me unlimited revives and mining tools or I won't complete, ps give me all tools of all types and all your gold while you are at it" even when put up revives kept begging I buy their stuff full price and sell back 1g before would have me complete my 18 tasks..... Great.... Being held to ransom - is this worse than free loader? I was tbh tempted to kick on day1 of derby, for now playing along and biding time....

In past also had free loaders where they do no task, get booted, change name & layout trying to get back in lol. But the good news is we are just about done with recruiting and have a 99% awesome team. If someone slips a task because real life happened - fair enough, but free loader won't be tolerated.

We don't have new players dump tasks. Sadly we can't trust. We've had peeps only want what they like and dump the rest or dump entire board just to do it. We of course get folks mad that they can't dump right away but then on the other hand complain that there's too many hard tasks up and please dump them. Yea, sure I want you dumping on our behalf (not)
    Umm many of us like to do hard tasks so we only dump low stuff and duplicates. I wish people had some kind of common curtesy anymore. Grrrr.
    Last edited by jjblueyes72; October 11th, 2016 at 07:10 AM.

I don't get these people either! Who goes through life trying to take the easy way out by taking advantage of nice people? (plenty of people, evidently!) Sad! It's a game!! It's supposed to be fun to work cooperatively and try to do well in the derby. I can't believe the users who ask for tons of stuff and then do one or two tasks in the derby. Luckily our neighborhood has a core of great people who always help each other out, and these "losers" don't last long.