Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How fair play and anti hack ist supercell really? storry of a hacked top warclan

How fair play and anti hack ist supercell really? storry of a hacked top warclan

Hello fellow clashers,
    this is the story of ACTA NON VERBA #2CVYYPC9 (lvl10) one of Germanys oldest and most prestige War clans during the last years. - and our clan got hacked, everyone kicked and it location changed to France, but SC as usual does seem to care or do anything for its users.

For all of these that want to skip the background story, you can jump to the linked marked with the arrow.

I've heard from many other clashers that the Supercell support isnít really offering any help when it comes to bigger problems or community communication, and lately even youtubers where complaining about this too. for me this was my first interference with the supercell support in a story bigger than loosing 2 gems to pocket activity, so I understand myself as not prejudiced in that way.

Well the story of ANV is long and glorious, if this is really the end of this great clan I'd like to give a shout out to any of our clan members that made this experience so unique and helped us to get that far, Thank you all!!

As we all know the game isnít at its highest competitive scene right now, and as it turned holiday time in Germany we decided to give our clan members (most of witch haven't seen a different clan in 2 years) a little break and start back into a hopefully more intense game in September. So some of us went to CircleofFire, retaliaton, Klicktoplay or even higly competitive clans like Dark looters or onehive.

-> We left a Account named Ello in the clan to hold the position and be our key back into our clan. We knew about the 3 months deadline from supercell to swap out inactive leaders, so that definitely did not come to bite us (last war 43days = less than 3 months) when we noticed yesterday (06.08.2016) that our clan suddenly changed location to France, had a whole bunch of new people in it, got a new clan emblem etc.
    Our first thoughts where that the person that controlled ello had given the clan to them and we went to her and asked her why she did that. Turned out, she never handed the clan rights to any of them, but instead got hacked. Well nothing complicated we thought, just contact the support and we will be right back in the driverís seat...
    So we contact the SC Support, told them the story, handed them the proofs that she got hacked and even send multiple mails from different accounts to apply pressure... And guess what supercells answer was: no we canít, there is no way we can help you! (I'll attach pictures of the chat log with SC if anyone wishes that) But as we are not the kind of players that give up straight up, we decided to question them even more, as we were the players that build up that clan and not the guys picking the fruits right now.
    - Here comes my first question, has anyone else ever had that problem before?-
    We told them that we can get one of our guys into the clan, and then they could change leadership, other than that they should contact the French support to block/ban the leader until they made Shure who will get the rights. Or we even bring back an old friend who once upon a time created the clan (payed the 40 000 gold) so that he could take over the leadership again...

Supercells reaction was to block ello, who was, no surprise, not in the clan anymore. (its right to block ello to get rid of the usage from a different device) they further told us they canít change leadership unless the leader is 3 months offline... apparently they gave the topic to a higher instance, but they still just gave us the information that they have had similar problems before, and they to date have no way to interfere with the internal clan leadership.

So, what I pull from this, how much control has SC over their game? If players can hack others accounts or generate a access to this specific account (witch is clearly against the terms of usage) and overtake complete clans, is there really no way of redoing this? If clans like OneHive, WHF or Red Elite would face something like this, would SC still be like "we canít do anything about this"? Apparently (to Support message) SC is working on a way to generate access to leadership changes, sadly they are future problem solutions and wonít help us right now.
    They sad:

"We would really like to help you but sadly we cannot give you the clan back, due to technological reasons. As much as we would wish to do so"

So guys, this is it I finally had my first interference with SC Support and I have to say You guys nailed it, you created a great game, that you guys controlled from the scratch, but seriously you really want to tell me that you cannot change anything within YOUR game??? We really love the game, but do we really have to live in fear of losing our entire clan that we put hours, days, and maybe years of work into? And this fellow clashers does indeed affect everybody of the entire COMUNITY!

Supercell, you once brought an Update, stressing your commitment for Fair Play - to be honest this does not look like this...

PS: forgive me my bad English, I'm German. Thanks for Reading and Clash on.

Brestling.

EDIT:
    Ello never actually gave away her Gmail information, this Gmail was actually just created as a placeholder, so pls stop claiming that we entered our mails elsewhere. We are a top warclan and most of our members have played this game for mor than 3 years and know what works and what not, thanks😘
    Last edited by Brestling; August 9th, 2016 at 11:01 AM.

Forum Elder

Supercell is not to be blamed

Do you blame your phone manufacturer if your phone gets stolen?
    Your clan was not stolen (hacked) from supercell side and neither it was remotely hacked by an intruder. The person who is responsible is ELLO . Her coc account was stolen because she failed to keep the security of her google/gamecenter account.
    The only way to steal someone's coc account is if an intruder comes to know the "password" of it and there is no other way.
    Ello irresponsibly handled her account credentials which made her vulnerable to be a victim of stolen account.

Supercell doesn't provide support for clan politics. They are right at first place.

Hey forever10,
    you might be right there, but if i think correctly apple has an implemented backup that lets you connect with your phone or block it as soon as you notice your phone gets stolen. As well as that they redo whatever you did when your phone did get stolen.

Anyway, I'm not here to blame Supercell to be able to protect us from getting hacked, as I know there is little to no chance of doing so as long as you use a third party login (apart from maybe device spotting and regulating to one device, but I'm not into that stuff so I don’t know if that might even be an option). My point and what I'm trying to get across is that if you relly on 3rd Party login (what I consider gmail or Apple) that you have to keep in mind that you might face problems like that, even though I barely ever heard of someone hacking a gmail account for a game.... What I'm trying to criticise is that SC isn’t able to fix the problem that occurred within their game.
    If you live in an apartment, and have two keys, and always take care of them, because you have a ton of money in your room, but one day someone breaks into the house of the housekeeper and steals the 3rd key or master key, gets in your flat and steals your money, can I then blame you, even though you always paid attention on not losing your keys
    (solution: buy your own house, all keys are yours -> SC could have created their own login, but they didn’t so they took the chance this might happen)

I know it’s not supercells fault, maybe my title is a little misleading in me blaming SC, my apologise for that, but mainly I just want to say that they don’t have a kind of backup or no effort to return leadership.
    Last edited by Brestling; August 7th, 2016 at 03:34 PM.

It's an unfortunate circumstance and Supercell does help users who are victims of having their accounts taken over, as they have done with this user Ello. But, as forever10 pointed out, Ello is the one to blame. And since Ello is the one with the compromised account, only Ello has any chance of recourse. It sounds like you and others have contacted support asking to have ownership of a clan that was not theirs transferred. Supercell isn't going to get involved in clan politics and try to work out who should should be leader of the clan. Ello needs to handle it.

What you can learn from this situation is never to give out your account credentials. Sharing accounts is forbidden, as are third party apps, bots, and free gem sites. If you need to jailbreak or root your device in order to remove all the security protections so that an app can overreach its authority, you're just opening the door to having your account stolen. If you grant players access to your account so they can use it for arranged wars, there's also a very good likelihood that you'll run into the same situation. I don't know what Ello did to compromise his account, but it doesn't sound like a random occurrence to me since the "hacker" knew to access Clash of Clans and take over the clan. If you play safely, you won't have to worry about the kind of situation you found yourself in.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 18 - 641 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Brestling View Post
    I'm not here to blame Supercell to be able to protect us from getting hacked, as I know there is little to no chance of doing so as long as you use a third party login. My point and what I'm trying to get across is that if you relly on 3rd Party login (what I consider gmail or Apple) that you have to keep in mind that you might face problems like that.
    Nope. Here you are wrong. One will still face problem if supercell designs its own login because there are underage players who carelessly leak their login credentials. If you yourself handling login credentials carelessly then no matter whether it is first party login or third party, those credentials will reach to an attacker.

Google and apple provide more security to their users than any online gaming company can provide to their players. The services they provides are so strict that noone from outside can attack your privacy unless the owner is itself mishandling it internally.

Even if supercell designs its own login system in future then the security will be lesser than what google and apple are providing.
    So I think supercell is doing a good job to protect their players by relying upon third-parties. It also decreases the workload of supercell such as providing support for "forgot password" problems.

Best to enable 2-step verification.

Forum Elder
    In your example of apartment keys the apartment third-key was given to that third person who is itself very vulnerable which is not the case with apple and google.

Your right there, she has texted the support herself, most of the quots within my article where aktually from here, problem is that she says that she never actually gave any paswords or similar away. But bearly ever was on that account as she seems to have the account installed on an old device, meaning that on the Gamecenter itself only coc was installed as far as I can tell there shouldnt be much reason for anybody to hack this account...
    Does anybody have an Idea what supercell or we could do? because the last thing I want is a my clan in the hands of those guys...

Google and apple provide more security to their users than any online gaming company can provide to their players. The services they provides are so strict that noone from outside can attack your privacy unless the owner is itself mishandling it internally.
    I know that both of them provide the best security out there, but I also believe that there are ways to actually hack those services or get passed paswords, I just want to stress that SC has to take that in count while at the same time not beeing able to check if that account got hacked because I dont think that google or apple will let them take a look at their data...
    Because at the same time I dont think that SC has no way of switching leader, that just doesnt seem plausable to me...

Stop bringing non-sense examples like that. Try to help but donīt blame our account security. It is embarrissing how SC does not have any possibility to change rights within a clan. The game is now 4 years old and they donīt have figured out a way to solve this problem? SC support even confirmed we are not the only clan this happens to and they are very sorry not to be able to help us. I donīt understand that.

No account is ever safe from hackers, not even yours. It is a question of time and creativity to get access to an account, whether it is Google or Apple. Even a two-step verification does not help you against experienced hackers. So I donīt get your point. We never would give any account information to second parties.

Thanks for your help, Chief.

edit:
    Also I think that we are old enough to create safe passwords. Our clan was `inactiveīfor a month, so people who really wanted that account had nothing to worry about.

So if you want to help us, write an answer, if you want to let us know who should have been blamed instead of SC then close this page pls. Thanks a lot, ANV ex-leadership.
    Last edited by 2911Delta; August 7th, 2016 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Mistakes were made

01100001011011010110010101110010011010010110001101100001 code solved by delta
    Quote Originally Posted by forever10 View Post
    Do you blame your phone manufacturer if your phone gets stolen?
    Your clan was not stolen (hacked) from supercell side and neither it was remotely hacked by an intruder. The person who is responsible is ELLO . Her coc account was stolen because she failed to keep the security of her google/gamecenter account.
    The only way to steal someone's coc account is if an intruder comes to know the "password" of it and there is no other way.
    Ello irresponsibly handled her account credentials which made her vulnerable to be a victim of stolen account.

Supercell doesn't provide support for clan politics. They are right at first place.
    I hope you realize you don't need a GC account to play. It is just a way to be able to take your base on any device.
    Ungathanda yini ungathokozi ngokubongela ukuthi mhlawumbe awukho

6n3pFFPSlW4