Thread: The Conformist - Anti-3* War Base

The Conformist - Anti-3* War Base

TH9CONFORMIST -- By OrionsBelt

AN ANTI-3* TH9 WAR BASE

Latest Design
    Post Bomber tower update.

v2 Design
    Post cannon/healer update.

My latest design after a 6 month hiatus from the game. I've always prided myself on attempting something new, going against the grain and trying to pioneer new methods and tactics. This design; however, I'm going with the grain: I've made a common, simple, familiar design that follows most the current war meta; It's meant to blend in. I'm still shaking off the rust, but hope this design helps some in the community. This base is still in development and as with any design can always use input and adjustments to improve it, constructive criticism is welcomed.

Why? The idea behind this layout is to combat what I see in wars recently: AQ Walks, Mass Valks, Suicide King, and GoWiVa. (Doesn't account for HGHB strategy as hbjlee points out here.)

Key features

• Strong AQ Island
      • BK Near AQ
      • bombs in AQ Island
      • Tesla Farm; separated by walls.
      • Sweeper protecting AQ from walks

• CC Radius is a difficult lure and centralized (2 tower's need to be removed from any direction to lure CC)
    • AI tower flow to DGB & double spring trap (Although very apparent DGB)
    • Valk AI flows away from core (for the most part)
    • AD's tentatively out of AQ range
    • A handful of point defence towers are 5 spaces from external walls.
    • Strong point/xbow walk defense over 75% of base. (North-Northeast attacking AQ-walk lure)
    • TH/sweeper protecting AD/xbow opposite AQ-island
    • Spring Traps in valk/hog/giant funnels
    • Grouped junk buildings to lure valks back outside perimeter of walls.
    • Seeking air mines protecting AD's
    • Air Mines out of AD paths and clustered for ungrouped WT's.

Detailed Overview

AQ Walks
    I've placed the AD, a handful of point defense, and xbows 5 spaces from the exterior walls to deter AQ walks/funneling. There are also builder huts 4 spaces inside the external walls to attract the AQ close to the external wall. This slows progress and brings healers closer to AD's.

AQ Island
    Tesla Farm paired with the BK separated by an internal moat, it houses all the bombs for defense against suicide BK+ability and valks, and has a combination of wizard towers to make wb/valk entry costly, one point defense, and sweeper to aid in the AQ's defense against healers/drag. AD protects Island flanks.

Traps
    Trap location is still undergoing finetuning; however, single giant bombs are placed to force early heals in those areas. Spring traps are positioned in hog/giant/valk AI-pathways with a double spring trap parallel the DGB in a micro-choke point. The single DGB is located in the main choke point leading across the base. Air Mines are positioned out of range of AD pathways and Seeking Air Mines are positioned near AD choke points. Most traps are positioned between towers that are 5 spaces from the external walls.

High HP & Junk buildings
    Most storage's and the TH are positioned around higher DPS areas to prolong AQ walks and valks near the exterior of the base. Lower HP buildings particularly builders huts (and a few mortars) are positioned in the core to die quicker and aid Valk AI-Paths outward. External buildings are grouped to also help Valk AI in looping.

Weaknesses

• Bowlers+Healers
    • High-level AQ Walks
    • Mass Golems
    • Well placed EQ/Jumps (due to lack of compartments)
    • Possibly HGHB (Untested)
    • TBD

Layout Images

Scout View -- What the attacker sees (no traps/teslas)

Wall View
    -- Wall only configuration

Friendly View
    -- What you and your clan sees (has all traps/teslas)

Honorable mention goes too

Quote Originally Posted by IlDiavolo View Post
    I like it a lot.
    Stay classy IlDiavolo.
    Last edited by OrionsBelt; October 15th, 2016 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Updated for latest healer/cannon update

Retired from forums, about to retire from CoC and CR.
    Why the WT and little bombs in AQ island?

Id move mortar with the AD compartment 1 tile left to feign a DGB
    Last edited by SpearGobs; July 19th, 2016 at 04:16 PM.
    Retired on Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmaka3m View Post
    Sometimes I want to smash my head into a wall after checking the forums. I don't know how mods survived this long on the forums.
    Awesome sig made by KingKappa, who unfortunately is retired.

Is this good? I don't do war...

Das ist gud.
    Last edited by Orion328; July 19th, 2016 at 04:23 PM.
    [TH9-F] Inkstar

Sigpic by Aphrodi
    TH9 Lvl 108 | Clanless

List of BD Addicts, In Order
    When I die, I want "Humble" to be written on my grave.

Retired from forums, about to retire from CoC and CR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion328 View Post

Das ist gud.
    It has anti-QW functions and the basics of an anti-3 along with anti-valk pathing.
    Retired on Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmaka3m View Post
    Sometimes I want to smash my head into a wall after checking the forums. I don't know how mods survived this long on the forums.
    Awesome sig made by KingKappa, who unfortunately is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by SpearGobs View Post
    It has anti-QW functions and the basics of an anti-3 along with anti-valk pathing.
    I read the thread, I just...
    Doesn't war fully.
    [TH9-F] Inkstar

Sigpic by Aphrodi
    TH9 Lvl 108 | Clanless

List of BD Addicts, In Order
    When I die, I want "Humble" to be written on my grave.

Pro Member

3 small bombs are what is required to kill barbarians, it is used to not allow suicide king tactics. As to why the WT is there, it doesn't make sense to me.

Overall, I don't like this base. There is a waste of small bombs in queen island (3 is max needed), bad tesla farm, and there is only 1 dgb spot in the entire base. It's obvious where it is aswell. In addition, the dgb can be single triggered if approached from the south near the mortar. 3/10.
    Last edited by OnyxClan; July 19th, 2016 at 04:56 PM.
    Maxed TH9
    30/28
    Member of Emphatic Elite

LOL Tough crowd.

For Suicide BK and AQ walks toward Island with Valk/bk funneled through island. And I originally did have it setup as a DGB slot but ended up adjusting it. That's easily adjusted based on need. The WT in the island is specifically for valk clusters late in an attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion328 View Post

Das ist gud.
    It's decent, not amazing, not terrible. It falls short when bowlers/healers get tossed into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxClan View Post
    3 small bombs are what is required to kill barbarians, it is used to not allow suicide king tactics. As to why the WT is there, it doesn't make sense to me.

Overall, I don't like this base. There is a waste of small bombs in queen island (3 is max needed), bad tesla farm, and there is only 1 dgb spot in the entire base. It's obvious where it is aswell. In addition, the dgb can be single triggered if approached from the south near the mortar. 3/10.
    Most of your concerns are easy to adjust. The original DGB was not inside the core, it was between the AD/Mortar in the compartment above, and the double spring was in the core. I switched these due to the direction of common attacks coming from the 1-2 O'Clock tripping the DGB with Valks/Jump or rage.

The multiple bombs inside the Island is also a result of replays. The common attack is AQ Walk from the 1-2 O'Clock toward the AQ-Island, a Golem at the Southeast Mortar funnelling Valks into the AQ Island. The original design only had 1 WT inside the island and a backside pair, but it evolved due to how valks clustered near the island. The Tesla farm is also an evolution of attacks seen on the layout. As for the DGB trip in the south, it is deceptively difficult, have someone in your clan make up this layout and give it a go.

I'm not sure how the relatively small and easily adapted points you addressed caused a 3/10, but it's my first design after a 6+ month break so I'll just use it as a motivator. Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by OrionsBelt; July 23rd, 2016 at 02:12 AM.
    TH9COLLECTION - by OrionsBelt (#2098QLCLR)

Millennial Club
    I like it a lot.

HGHB has become more meta and unfortunately moats and ADs positioned like the ones here will not defend it at all nor will the point defense pick off bowlers that peel off temporarily from the giants, making this very, very vulnerable to a fresh 3 star.
    Last edited by hbjlee; July 19th, 2016 at 06:57 PM.
    Please excuse my awful English.

IGN: Feeny
    BK: 40 AQ: 40 GW: 20

Quote Originally Posted by IlDiavolo View Post
    I like it a lot.
    Thanks! Coming from you, this is a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by hbjlee View Post
    HGHB has become more meta and unfortunately moats and ADs positioned like the ones here will not defend it at all nor will the point defense pick off bowlers that peel off temporarily from the giants, making this very, very vulnerable to a fresh 3 star.
    I've seen this attack strategy on youtube, but mostly on very dated bases (deadzoned bases or symmetrical designs, etc.). I have yet to experience it personally and have yet to start conceptualizing how to combat it. Any concepts you're aware of yet to combat it?
    Last edited by OrionsBelt; July 19th, 2016 at 07:27 PM.
    TH9COLLECTION - by OrionsBelt (#2098QLCLR)