Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Calling Forum Herders.....send us your goats.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Nah...our original run with the forum events clan was peppered with engineered accounts....it's a love fest
    Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    Still a few spaces guys...4 more slots for an eager forum user...any level. You will want to be there for phase 3 of Operation Goat the Quest for World Domination.....normally levelled bases though please...no engineers or defenceless set ups...
    I think Polaris is right. Holps, you might want to inspect applicants at the door before letting them in. Just a quick, random look at the members, I only looked at 20 or so bases, and saw 3 engineered bases.

Are you letting in specific engineers? And not others?

I got banned for showing Ajax my new recruitment tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkThing View Post
    I think Polaris is right. Holps, you might want to inspect applicants at the door before letting them in. Just a quick, random look at the members, I only looked at 20 or so bases, and saw 3 engineered bases.

Are you letting in specific engineers? And not others?
    It's a fair point actually and I wasn't clear on my view so that's on me. There is a big, fat grey area where some see engineering and some see smart upgrading. I fully intended to go to TH10.5 which to many is simply engineering but I had the patience of a kid in a sweet shop and couldn't do it. My issue is where it crosses into defenceless bases or bases that are sat 2 or even 3 TH levels below where they should be. I also see no benefit in terms of clan wars of 3 bases out of 50 being slightly lower on the map because people choose to go the .5 route. That is very different to having a slew of defenceless bases at the foot of the clan or a few fat TH11 offensive beasts sat opposite a TH8.
    Its all subjective and that's the beauty of the game I guess.

On your other point I have never treated anyone in the clan differently to anyone else and every single player here who has joined, and will join, is treated with the utmost respect even if I feel their base goes too far and they don't stay. I have asked people to remove bases I felt crossed the line but like most things it's a judgement call isn't it. Good debate though...maybe we should start a thread about engineering?
    Last edited by Holps; July 20th, 2016 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    It's a fair point actually and I wasn't clear on my view so that's on me. There is a big, fat grey area where some see engineering and some see smart upgrading. I fully intended to go to TH10.5 which to many is simply engineering but I had the patience of a kid in a sweet shop and couldn't do it. My issue is where it crosses into defenceless bases or bases that are sat 2 or even 3 TH levels below where they should be. I also see no benefit in terms of clan wars of 3 bases out of 50 being slightly lower on the map because people choose to go the .5 route. That is very different to having a slew of defenceless bases at the foot of the clan or a few fat TH11 offensive beasts sat opposite a TH8.
    Its all subjective and that's the beauty of the game I guess.

On your other point I have never treated anyone in the clan differently to anyone else and every single player here who has joined, and will join, is treated with the utmost respect even if I feel their base goes too far and they don't stay. I have asked people to remove bases I felt crossed the line but like most things it's a judgement call isn't it. Good debate though...maybe we should start a thread about engineering?
    Lol Holps. Are you by any chance, a lawyer in real life?

I thank you for taking the time to answer my question and for being so kind with your words. Your clan is very lucky to have you as its leader. I know this from personally experiencing bad leaders

I have just 2 accts. My main one, which is 9.5. And my alt, which is extremely engineered (th9 offensive beast sitting opposite a th6). I love this game and want to hang out with people who have the same passion for it as I do. The current clan I'm in is a bit on the inactive side. Chat is dead and requests sit for hours.

Your clan is full now. Maybe when there's an opening, I can bring my 9.5? That one is acceptable by you?

Only bring your account if you don't mind staying. I don't mean intentionally staying, we have a lot of us that were interested in what was going on in here joined for a war and now 3-4 months later here we are. You may join but beware leaving is much harder than joining. Please check often we will post when war is ending we usually swap a few out doing upgrades and such.
    Leader of Dark Horse lvl9 #9QJOUC28
    Capricorn Alliance, Forum Goat Herd, Pale Rider
    Th10 lvl147, Th9 lvl126, Th9 lvl120, Th9 lvl110 Th8 lvl80

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkThing View Post
    Lol Holps. Are you by any chance, a lawyer in real life?

I thank you for taking the time to answer my question and for being so kind with your words. Your clan is very lucky to have you as its leader. I know this from personally experiencing bad leaders

I have just 2 accts. My main one, which is 9.5. And my alt, which is extremely engineered (th9 offensive beast sitting opposite a th6). I love this game and want to hang out with people who have the same passion for it as I do. The current clan I'm in is a bit on the inactive side. Chat is dead and requests sit for hours.

Your clan is full now. Maybe when there's an opening, I can bring my 9.5? That one is acceptable by you?

That's very nice of you Pink and of course you are welcome when a space opens. I assume you are our Italian friend from the early days and if so remembered fondly mate? Our first War day starts in about 8 or 9 hours so check the clan near wars end tomorrow for openings.

Th12 - le chat nu !!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRage10 View Post
    fette is always right
    Quote Originally Posted by freakazoid1985 View Post
    fette knows best

Coming there with my LittleBen after his war in another clan...hopefully it will not be full

Clan war finishing soon..If there is space and you want in now is the time to start looking. Even if it is full no harm requesting as we may be able to make space for you if you are a forum user. Mention forum ID on request. The weekend wars are the best ones because you get the post-night out Clashers coming on covered in kebab and you get to pick lamb off them.

Sorry to all i missed my raids/will miss them on my mini.
    between trying to look after the forum tourney, work and my wife ive been stretched a bit thin.
    Dont have my other tab with me anywhere but home.
    Clearly Holps' fault though
    #BlameHolps

hopefully will be able to swing through with my main for a war soon
    🌿🌿🌿👀🌿🌿🌿
    The official Nerf application just had it's newest addition... Bh complaints!
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...86#post6447286
    still a work in progress though..

Quote Originally Posted by fette View Post
    you have a space now :3 join now :3 laser pointer is calling you

dual abilities? yeah! keeps your weapons heavy