Thread: THE HOUND - My solution for anti-hog/anti-giant layouts for town hall 9

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

THE HOUND - My solution for anti-hog/anti-giant layouts for town hall 9

Hi guys,
    here's a th9 base layout that I came up with to defend against giants and hogs. I decided to design my own base after relentlessly searching for layouts online but failing to find a good one. I explain the layout in detail in the video below. But here's a glimpse:
    • NO OPENINGS IN THE WALLS. This is important, why would you use walls if you are going to leave them open? My layout guides the giants and hogs towards the traps and bombs without leaving openings in the walls.
    • Good defense against BAMs. Although i didn't mention it in the video the air defenses and mortars are strategically placed to cover almost all of the base. This provides good defense against small forces too.
    • The heroes are covered enough to scare away the enemy, but not too much inside the base to save precious space.
    • Symmetric, Good looking and clean.

Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.

https://youtu.be/QGGgz8fFAZ4

sorry for the bad quality guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Waheedtaj; July 9th, 2016 at 09:31 PM.

Not to bash you're work, but this base will get destroyed very easily. No double giant bombs, so IDK how it beats hogs. Is this a war base? If so, I highly recommend getting a new one. For farming it seems alright, though a bunch of giants will still tear through the base.

Retired from forums, about to retire from CoC and CR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridley123 View Post
    Not to bash you're work, but this base will get destroyed very easily. No double giant bombs, so IDK how it beats hogs. Is this a war base? If so, I highly recommend getting a new one. For farming it seems alright, though a bunch of giants will still tear through the base.
    It's farming..

anyways the base looks like a (better) variant of the Tailor base (I thought it was Four Corners but whatever)

unfortunately the resource patching for gobs means that they will head straight towards core with jump
    Retired on Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmaka3m View Post
    Sometimes I want to smash my head into a wall after checking the forums. I don't know how mods survived this long on the forums.
    Awesome sig made by KingKappa, who unfortunately is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Waheedtaj View Post

• NO OPENINGS IN THE WALLS. This is important, why would you use walls if you are going to leave them open? My layout guides the giants and hogs towards the traps and bombs without leaving openings in the walls.

Holes in the walls... Where do I begin?

Having holes in the walls of one's layout can help tremendously in terms of funneling and defending non-brute force armies. (Barch, BAM, GiBarch, GiHealer, you name it). A well-routed base can help defend against these for an enormous spectrum of reasons, which can range from trap usage to high-DPS zones.

Unfortunately, most of these assets have been lost in recent months, as many labyrinth designers have retired, and with them, their meta, so i can't blame you for not being aware of this, but regardless of the preceding circumstances, here we are.

There has been a style of base design that was once the chief topic of BD101. Called "Labyrinth Bases", or "Labys", for short. Now a distant memory, these bases essentially revolved around having holes in the wall patterns, as they dominated attackers, and looked nice also .

The holes in the walls made the designers think differently, and made funneling / pathing matter more. This made the base stronger in the event that something happen to the walls, since the troops would still most likely follow the intended route. This made them better all-around bases, that may not specialize in one specific area, or against a specific army, but rather decent at defending against as much variety as possible.

Another asset that came with this idea was that while they were popular on the forums, they remained almost unheard of for non-forumers, placing the hostile player outside their comfort zone, causing a failure on their part more often than not.

They also looked easy to attack to lesser-abled players, occasionally causing them to become excited and/or act impulsively, spamming down troops to satisfy their greedy, yet ineffective fingers.

Labyrinths brought in concepts that could not have been invented during the designing process of other styles of bases. Some of these include:
    Anti-AQ Cores,
    Double Giant Bombs,
    Open Cores, and
    Hog Loops
    Last edited by Orion328; July 9th, 2016 at 10:04 PM.
    [TH9-F] Inkstar

Sigpic by Aphrodi
    TH9 Lvl 108 | Clanless

List of BD Addicts, In Order
    When I die, I want "Humble" to be written on my grave.