Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TH 9.5 War base critiques needed!

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxClan View Post
    Deadzones are no longer meta. A deadzone area as large as yours makes it very easy for an attacker to control and funnel his troops in a safe way. This base wouldn't stand a chance against HGHB.
    Quote Originally Posted by hbjlee View Post
    Deadzones are no longer meta (and even when they were meta they were trivial to stomp with queen charges and simple GoWiPe) as they suffer from getting rolled by HGHB. This base heavily suffers from that.
    Keep in mind that I have 25 extra wall pieces to make up for this 'extra large' dead zone! but yes, I am certainly aware that it is easier for an attacker to direct his/her troops. I am hoping that this specific style of AQ island would enable the queen to provide some sort of a 'distraction' for the main troops; valks for example, AQ would aggro valks to force them to beat on the wall or maybe even go around the whole line of walls to kill the AQ, which could screw up the attack.

As for HGHB, I understand that this kind of base makes it even more vulnerable toward HGHB but I have yet to find much of features to counter that strategy. I've heard that putting a couple of long, defense tower compartment in the outer ring helps, but it would only make it vulnerable to other strategies, especially AQ walks.

Anyways, thanks for looking into my base! I've already built my infernos and an extra xbow as I was done with my army camps and such, but hopefully other 9.5s (which I assume that there are very few in this forum) would test this base and share what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxClan View Post
    Deadzones are no longer meta. A deadzone area as large as yours makes it very easy for an attacker to control and funnel his troops in a safe way. This base wouldn't stand a chance against HGHB.
    Quote Originally Posted by hbjlee View Post
    Deadzones are no longer meta (and even when they were meta they were trivial to stomp with queen charges and simple GoWiPe) as they suffer from getting rolled by HGHB. This base heavily suffers from that.
    Deadzones that help troop pathing are obviously out of the meta, but smaller deadzones (such as a 2-tile gap with walls between the AQ island and the rest of the base) can really help defend against HGHB.

Also a centralized deadzone isn't a bad thing either as it can divert troops.
    IGN: Past Amazing
    Clan: Past Used By (#2GRCCP28)
    YouTube Channel (300k+ subs): Past Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by jlam2 View Post
    Deadzones that help troop pathing are obviously out of the meta, but smaller deadzones (such as a 2-tile gap with walls between the AQ island and the rest of the base) can really help defend against HGHB.

Also a centralized deadzone isn't a bad thing either as it can divert troops.
    I don't see it helping at all. If it's near the AQ island it makes it so bowlers and heros are less likely to stray from the giants because they cant reach anything except the nearby compartments which the giants are opening up anyway. A centralized deadzone is just asking for the giant squad to make a big circle around the base and kill everything.

Would like to see what kind of base you are envisioning, perhaps it will clear stuff up.
    Last edited by hbjlee; July 20th, 2016 at 06:07 PM.
    Please excuse my awful English.

IGN: Feeny
    BK: 40 AQ: 40 GW: 20

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluewave17 View Post
    Thanks for all of your feedbacks! It really helps to see what other people thinks about my base.
    Just to clarify things about my Queen Island; my intention of building such queen island is to make her 'unreachable' by simple killsquad coming directly into the island.

With this said, I've made a small change to the base by pushing the AQ further away from the storages to make her cover a bit more parts of the base while being even more difficult to access from direct entry.

Surely, KS from 3 o'clock can take out the AQ, but that is solely responsible for the attacker's AQ or wiz, also while taking down the defending cc troops which, I hope, would enable the AQ to dish out as much damage to the KS as possible.

As for the Baby drag funneling, I have placed an air mine at that area to shoot it down but yes, I am aware that those storages are pretty much a freebie for any units.

Suicide King should be pretty hard, at least from my opinion, as AQ will not jump the wall to attack the BK so he would have to use jump or beat down a wall to actually get a hit on the AQ.
    Good explanation, nice work shifting he AQ - any more changes done or not enough to post a subsequent v.2? Anyway I understand the concept better now, and I agree that the Queen should be able to deal Damage to the KS - however this is assuming the usual direction of Attack is employed...but nice work here!
    Exordium, a YouTuber and regular poster and Clasher! Hope my tips helped, look here for daily videos with commentary featuring advanced yet beginner friendly strategy! Always give me your honest feedback!https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96...confirmation=1