Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Detailed] Battle Mode in Legend League. BAN endless searching!

[Detailed] Battle Mode in Legend League. BAN endless searching!

Legend League in one word?

Searching.

Is this what makes a true Legend? Managing to wait hours next to his device?

No!!!!!

Searching ... searching ... searching ... uh 6 cups ... retraining ... searching ... searching and so on and so on. That's the matchmaking in Legend League.
    I've heard that in the top 10 you sometimes don't get an opponent for a complete day. Therefore clashers play in teams, sometimes with 20 Accounts at the same time and after a while another player overtakes all 20 accounts, so no one has to play 24/7

Is Teamwork required to keep accounts in Legend? Can a player even manage to stay up there without having friends to play his account while he's sleeping?

Therefore I'm introducing the Battle Mode

The system is basically quite similar to Clash Royale. Beginning in Titan II (Titan III players too, when they face a Titan II+), two searching opponents will find together, and attack their bases at the same time. The winner is the attacker with more stars, percentage beeing the tiebreaker. This would lead to much more matchups, changing searching time into playing time!

The Basics

The shield system is not removed! You are still able to find a base normally, while it's in PB for example. However, in higher Legend the main matchups will be through this modus, since when you are in search, Shields or Village Guard do NOT count.

When two players find each other, there is no 'Skip' button (why do we even need this button in Legend). The players have 60 seconds preparation time, then the attack starts. You can see with a small live counter how many stars and percent your opponent has (similar to the 'Live views' counter).

Cups and League Bonuses

Your cup reward is based on the stars gained. If it's a tie (both players 3ed or same percentage&stars), no player will gain or loose cups (SC will need to reduce 3-star battles by changing the balance. If not, the player who 3ed quicker, wins 4 cups)

The league bonus is also increased since you can't steal anything from your opponent. You get 160% when 1-staring, 190% when 2-staring, and 200% when 3-staring.

However, if you don't win, the league bonus is reduced

• In case of a tie, both players get 80%.
    • If it's decided by percentage, 50%
    • If you loose by one star, only a quarter.
    • If you lose by two stars, only 15%

Village guard

If you lost, you will get a two-hour village guard; in case of a tie, both players get 45 extra minutes. In both cases, this will extend the PB limit. However, the PB timer can only be increased by a maximum of 4 hours!

So if you already got 3:30 extra time and loose, you will only get 30 minutes bonus to the PB timer, but the full village guard (if the VG lasts longer than the PB timer, it will be shortened to the PB timer)

Final words

With this system, the Legends are no longer decided by who plays the most, but by the player with most skill, managing to take out every base with two or three stars and a high percentage.

And the best of all, it's a win-win situation

• Legends needn't wait hours for matchups, so more will try going up there, which will decrease the time even more
    • Legends win again since they needn't play in teams anymore, so anyone can go up there, if skilled enough
    • Supercell wins, because you will have to boost your barracks 24/7 in order to constantly have troops to attack. Also, the heroes and Spell factories will need more boosts. More money for Supercell!

Thanks for reading my idea. I hope you understand why is it needed, and I'm looking forward to your feedback!
    Last edited by WernerDerChamp; August 7th, 2016 at 09:48 AM. Reason: improvements
    Werner der Champ German CoC Wiki Admin (Link)
    My Ideas:Matchmaking fix for Legends|Cat troop idea|Ultimate Clash Royale Tournament idea
    Quote Originally Posted by WernerderChamp View Post
    Are you again waiting till 100,000,000 total clicks on "Try again" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    Yes. Please hurry up with the final 10,000 taps!

Centennial Club
    R.I.P TH 9 Legends

Beeing a TH9 in Legend isn't that good, since you will have to do 3 attacks until PB, and then you will get 3ed.

It is almost impossible to stay up there, but that would be the price for much lower search times.

Its only unfair, that only playing time decides who's in front positions, not skill.
    My Ideas:Matchmaking fix for Legends|Cat troop idea|Ultimate Clash Royale Tournament idea

Banned
    No. The Trophies reward should be exacly what the Winner would earn with the amount of stars he made.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratomorto5 View Post
    No. The Trophies reward should be exacly what the Winner would earn with the amount of stars he made.
    Now since you've said it, I've seen that it wouldn't be that fair for equal players. i'll change it

Banned
    I really like the idea. I have posted a similar version several times (even before the TH11 update or CR), but never made an official thread about, so I want to share my version here.

Quote Originally Posted by WernerDerChamp View Post
    [SIZE=2]
    Therefore I'm introducing the Battle Mode

The system is basicly quite similiar to Clash Royale. Beginning in Titan I (Titan II players too, when they face a Titan I), two searching opponents will find together, and attack their bases at the same time. Winner is the attacker with more stars, percentage beeing the tiebreaker. This would lead to much more matchups, changing searching time into playing time!
    I would not make this depending on the league. You basically need only 2 adjustments:
    a) No widending of the search window, so no offers below 15 trophies any more.
    b) If no opponent is found in 1 minute, a battle with another player in the clouds is initiated. It does not matter at which trophy level you are: If no opponents are left, you start with battle mode. The 1 minute search time is needed to keep more than 2 players in the clouds, so the system cant be exploited like in CR with 2 players searching in the clouds at the same time doing trophy transfer. If 1 minute is too short, it can be increased to 5 minutes.

The Basics

The shild system is not removed! You are still able to find a base normally, while its in PB for example. However, in higher Legend the main matchups will be through this modus, since when you are in search, Shields or Village Guard do NOT count.

When two player find each other, there is no 'Skip' button (why do we even need this button in Legend). The players have 60 seconds preperation time, then the attack starts. You can see with a small live counter how many stars and percent your opponent has (similiar to the 'Live views' counter).
    100% agree on that.

Cups and League Bonuss

Your cup reward is based on the stars gained. If its a tie (both players 3ed or same percentage&stars), no player will gain or loose cups (SC will need to reduce 3 star battles by changing the ballance. If not, the player who 3ed quicker, winns 4 cups)
    I would not factor in time. Both players getting 3 stars is a draw with nobody getting trophies. If every player can 3 star every base on every try, there is something wrong with balancing anyway. In an ideal balancing world the success rate at the higher th level in war should be always less than 50%. With only 1 minute preparation time without the option to customize troops, it will be always below 20-30%.
    For generating trophies I suggest taking the existing trophy formula. A win in battle mode is considered a 2 star (2/3 of the offer), a loss is considered 0 stars. The reason for this is to give the elite players a little handicap against those 200-300 trophies below, so they dont climb away too much from above average players.

These factors will count after the normal League Bonus calculation.

• If you win, you will get full League Bonus
    • In case of a tie, both players get 80%.
    • If its decided by percentage, 50%
    • If you loose by one star, only a quarter.
    • If you loose by two stars, nothing

Village guard and shilds

If you lost, you will get a shild applying to normal rules (at least 1/3 of capacity, 30%/60%/90% damage).
    If you win, you will get these Village Guard Times, based on damage dealt to your base. It does not stack, so if you have more VG Time than you would get, nothing happens, if you have less, it will 'refill' to this time. (No changes to PB Rules!)

• >30%: 30 minutes
    • 30%-59% : 1 hour
    • 60-89% : 1 hour 30 min
    • 90-100% : 2 hours

If the battle ends in a tie, both players gain 2 hours (does also not stack, like above)
    I would implement the whole battle mode as a friendly challenge, so you dont get or loose any ressources, you dont get or loose shield time. The only difference should be that you need to rebuild your army (to provide income for SC by boosting) and get the league bonus in return (to pay for your upgrades especially gold ones). League bonus has to pay for the full troop costs because there is no loot from storages, so I suggest giving double league bonus in battle mode (if you get at least 1 star).
    Last edited by andrgin; July 22nd, 2016 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andrgin View Post
    I would not make this depending on the league. You basically need only 2 adjustments:
    a) No widending of the search window, so no offers below 15 trophies any more
    b) If no opponent is found in 1 minute, a battle with another player in the clouds is initiated. It does not matter at which trophy level you are: If no opponents are left, you start with battle mode. The 1 minute search time is needed to keep more than 2 players in the clouds, so the system cant be exploited like in CR with 2 players searching in the clouds at the same time doing trophy transfer. If 1 minute is too short, it can be increased to 5 minutes
    I have made it league based, so that only the top players are able to to this special kind of battle mode. In Titan II & III, the matchmaking still works. But I've decided to move it down to Titan II.
    I'm now explaining in detail how I thought this to work out.
    During the normal search (which stays unchanged), there is also a search for players which are also currently searching, to battle them.
    Like in CR, the search starts with a certain cup offset, which increases. So at first you might only be able to match against players +-100 cups of you, while you will be able to find players with 250 cups after searching for 10 minutes (only example values).
    You will be matched against the first opponent found by these two simultaneously searches.

I would not factor in time. Both players getting 3 stars is a draw with nobody getting trophies. If every player can 3 star every base on every try, there is something wrong with balancing anyway. In an ideal balancing world the success rate at the higher th level in war should be always less than 50%.
    With only 1 minute preparation time without the option to customize troops, it will be always below 20-30%. For generating trophies I suggest taking the existing trophy formula. A win in battle mode is considered a 2 star (2/3 of the offer), a loss is considered 0 stars. The reason for this is to give the elite players a little handicap against those 200-300 trophies below, so they dont climb away too much from above average players.
    The time was only a idea, draw is surely also a good solution (but there might be complaints). I've heared that the number of 3-stars in Legend constantly decreases (due of better bases and the new Archer Tower), but 4 cups would not be that much and better than nothing.
    Three stars should be rewarded, so I would still say that the number of trophies is based on the gained stars by the winner. If both screw their attacks, noone should get cups...

I would implement the whole battle mode as a friendly challenge, so you dont get or loose any ressources, you dont get or loose shield time.
    The only difference should be that you need to rebuild your army (to provide income for SC by boosting) and get the league bonus in return (to pay for your upgrades especially gold ones).
    League bonus has to pay for the full troop costs because there is no loot from storages, so I suggest giving double league bonus in battle mode (if you get at least 1 star).
    The ressource thing is basicly unimportant, since you will probably gain around that much your opponent stole from you.
    I pretty like the idea of double league bonus, but it should be reduced for one-star attacks, maybe even sightly for two-stars
    Last edited by WernerDerChamp; July 31st, 2016 at 06:14 PM.

Pretty cool idea! Could solve the problem

Townhall 9 lvl 112 (Warning: Too lazy to update my profile)

The idea is awesome! Contact SC and they'll forward it to the Devlopers and hopefully it'll be selected in the next update
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main: TH11 - MAX HEROES - DONATIONS: 255K+ - MAX BASE/TROOPS - TITANS 2
    Mini: TH9 - B KING: 7 - A QUEEN: 3 - DONATIONS: 42K+ - MAX TH8/ NEW TH9 - GOLD 3

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WernerDerChamp View Post
    I have made it league based, so that only the top players are able to to this special kind of battle mode. In Titan II & III, the matchmaking still works. But I've decided to move it down to Titan II.
    I'm now explaining in detail how I thought this to work out.
    During the normal search (which stays unchanged), there is also a search for players which are also currently searching, to battle them.
    Like in CR, the search starts with a certain cup offset, which increases. So at first you might only be able to match against players +-100 cups of you, while you will be able to find players with 250 cups after searching for 10 minutes (only example values).
    You will be matched against the first opponent found by these two simultaneously searches.
    I think it does not really matter if the battle mode search is running in gold and crystal as well because you will not find a player in the clouds anyway. Well maybe it should be disabled in silver/bronze because a battle mode does not make much sense for the trophy droppers that both quit at 0%.
    I think having battle mode starting at a specific league is not a good idea because the average trophy level is changing all the time and any rule you set would have to be adapted all the time. I remember when I started being in champion was a very elite thing. Now everybody is a legend.

The time was only a idea, draw is surely also a good solution (but there might be complaints). I've heared that the number of 3-stars in Legend constantly decreases (due of better bases and the new Archer Tower), but 4 cups would not be that much and better than nothing.
    Three stars should be rewarded, so I would still say that the number of trophies is based on the gained stars by the winner. If both screw their attacks, noone should get cups...
    Constant mass bowler 3 stars are only a tempirary thing. I agree 3 stars should be rewarded, so I dont like the idea of loosing 4 cups only because I 3 stared a bit slower (maybe because of a long queen walk but still half my troops left).
    About screwing up attacks you can see 2 sides as well. Why should someone not loose trophies for a completely failed attack only because the other one failed a bit as well. If I get 1 star and the other player gets 0 stars, he should loose trophies and I win some, maybe not as much as 3 stars vs. 0 stars, but it should not be a draw. The same applies to 49% 0 stars vs. 20% 0 stars.

The ressource thing is basicly unimportant, since you will probably gain around that much your opponent stole from you.
    I pretty like the idea of double league bonus, but it should be reduced for one-star attacks, maybe even sightly for two-stars
    The double league bonus is only an idea if you loose troops and spells, but do not get the storage content of the enemy (because he raids you for the same). I dont think ressources are so unimportant, because if you cant pay your troops up in legends and need to gem ressources all the time, most players will loose interest very soon. I think the league bonus could be increased anyway. If you are good enough to stay in the higher leagues, you should get rewarded with ressources as well. I dont like the idea of needing to drop leagues for farming.

Yes you could start barching your opponents for 50%, but in this case you will not stay high enough anyway.