Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Alamo-TH9 Anti-3 War Base

Centennial Club

The Alamo-TH9 Anti-3 War Base

Preface

This base is the culmination of months of base designing, many, MANY tweaks, and numerous wars. In about 25 wars of use, this base has been 3 starred 4 times, two of which were non-repeatable spam/luck attacks, leaving two attacks in a total of well over fifty that actually exploited and demolished the base (it was from these wars, which we lost, that gave me the idea to name the base after the Alamo massacre). Extensive tweaking and use has made this my best base ever, and as I'm in the process of retiring the base I thought it was only fair to share my creation with the community. Without further ado, I present to you the Alamo.

Table of Contents:

I. The base
    II. Design and Features
    III. Pros and cons
    IV. Conclusion

I.

Scout View

Full Base

CC Radius

Walls

II.
    When designing the base, I prioritized deception and as much distance between key objectives as possible. The result is a reasonably wide open base with more space between DGB spots and the AQ than is present in the majority of anti-3 star bases that I've seen to date. The base also contains many features typical in the 'meta' style bases right now, including offset AQ, Tesla Farms, multiple possible DGB locations, and WB traps. I highly recommend a high DPS defensive CC for this base, as opposed to a tanky CC, simply because due to the spread out nature of the base the overall DPS is somewhat low, and a high DPS CC can go miles in aiding the base in defense.

III.

Pros:

• Offset AQ forces deep pushes into the base (dangerous for unskilled attackers) or AQ walks
    • Unpredictable DGB locations, removing the most obvious position (right X-Bow) does not diffuse/eliminate either DGB set, and the set by the Tesla Farm is unlikely to be predicted in a fresh hit.
    • Tesla Farm near the outside of the base, helps finish off pesky mass Valk raids, especially when not handled upon killsquad entry.
    • Smart Spring Trap locations, more than once an attacker has pushed from the bottom left, eliminated left DGB, killed AQ, and sent hogs in from the top only to have them snuffed out by well placed spring traps/DGB.
    • WB traps have had a high rate of success (against WB spammers), causing many a killsquad to roam around the base.
    • Mortar Placement by AQ causes Golems to leave the killsquad that is aimed straight at the AQ, which then causes them to beat through walls for the rest of the raid about 50% of the time.

Cons:

• AQ is almost completely unguarded, extremely easy QW to eliminate her.
    • Tesla Farm can be predicted on a fresh hit, although this is only likely when defending against talented/intelligent/lucky attackers.
    • Junction by AQ compartment offers a stellar jump location, which can open up a large portion of the base.
    • X-Bows are very close to one another, which potentially means that they can be eliminated quickly in the raid (although it must be noted that every attacker who has done so has fallen at the hands of the DGB in the lower left compartment).
    • Has never been attacked by any form of GoLaLoon, and as such Sweeper direction and air trap placement has not been refined at all.
    • Spread out defenses lend the base to a mass Valk attack, which constitute 3/4 of this base's 100% destruction losses.

IV.
    I'd like to give a huge thanks to the members of Clash Base One for putting up with my rants about this base and helping with testing and suggestions. I appreciate all the feedback, tips, and tricks that I've picked up during my time on the forums, and I hope that this base helps win a clan war or two for some of us in the community in return. Please, feel free to use this base and post your feedback/logs in the comments! I wish I had logs to show you, but this was unfortunately a spur of the moment post and as such I have none to provide. Thanks for reading to the end, good luck and happy clashing!

Mekko

(P.S. If the Alamo is already a base, please feel free to give your own suggestions for a base name!)

Edit: Defensive logs start on page 3 of the thread.
    Last edited by Mekko; July 9th, 2016 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Formatting

Such a magnificent base with a well thought out thread to present it. Props to you!

I don't see any flaws that stand out to me, btw. Maybe I just haven't stared at the base long enough.
    Last edited by Linun; June 24th, 2016 at 02:55 PM.
    Dark Cloud - TH11 - Level 162
    Puppet - TH7 - Level 210
    Dying Cow - TH11 - Level 130
    Depressed Camel - TH10 - Level 82
    Puppet's Playhouse: A Versatile TH7 Base Design

awesome will give it a try.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Linun View Post
    Such a magnificent base with a well thought out thread to present it. Props to you!

I don't see any flaws that's stand out to me, btw. Maybe I just haven't stared at the base long enough.
    Thank you! If you find any flaws, feel free to tell me! Maybe a few more tweaks will be enough to convince me not to retire the base.

Quote Originally Posted by seaserpent71 View Post
    awesome will give it a try.
    Glad to hear! Please post back with your results!

Thank you OP, seems very solid. will you provide us some logs?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MinasTirith View Post
    Thank you OP, seems very solid. will you provide us some logs?
    I currently can't war, and I haven't been in war for a few wars now, but I'll try to get a TH9 in my clan to use the base so I can provide some logs.

I'm creating a website about coc . can i post your base in it. i Will give proper links to u

Retired from forums, about to retire from CoC and CR.
    Queen looks pretty deep inside that compartment but she has almost no defense protecting her. Suicide drags or king would take her out.

Hound/Loon pathing looks very unpredictable as well as tesla farm. Same w/ DGB!

I like it!

May I ask why are you retiring it?
    Last edited by SpearGobs; June 24th, 2016 at 04:17 PM.
    Retired on Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmaka3m View Post
    Sometimes I want to smash my head into a wall after checking the forums. I don't know how mods survived this long on the forums.
    Awesome sig made by KingKappa, who unfortunately is retired.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by KamranTahir2 View Post
    I'm creating a website about coc . can i post your base in it. i Will give proper links to u
    Fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by SpearGobs View Post
    Queen looks pretty deep inside that compartment but she has almost no defense protecting her. Suicide drags or king would take her out.

Hound/Loon pathing looks very unpredictable as well as tesla farm. Same w/ DGB!

I like it!

May I ask why are you retiring it?
    Yep- suicide drags is definitely an option. I've never been hit by anyone who knew about/employed that strategy, but it's definitely a possibility. Rotating the sweeper in the AQ compartment and tossing one of the mines in there with her should help reduce the potency of a suicide drag AQ kill. They should still get the kill, just hopefully with a little less health left. As for suicide BK, that's been tried once, but the attacker hit the WB traps and failed to get into the base. If executed properly, that's also an extremely viable option.

I'm retiring the base because after having this base for a few months now, I feel it's time to start back over and build a new base to tweak to (realistic) perfection. Absolutely nothing wrong with this base for me, it's served me very well, I simply want to mix things up again.

Millennial Club
    I like it a lot.

Very difficult to get a fresh triple.

Gj man