Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Snow Fort - Anti-3 Custom War Base with Extensive Logs

Quote Originally Posted by Bluewave17 View Post
    Looks solid! Just a thought:
    I feel like this base is pretty vulnerable against an AQ-Charge into 3 o'clock compartment as this can remove both dgbs.
    There just aren't enough point-defenses in that area to discourage AQ-Charge, while the attacker can achieve a lot from it.
    Hey Bluewave! Did you mean a charge from 9 o'clock? There is not a dgb at 3. The challenge in coming in from 9 is that the AQ wouldn't make it to the dgbs in the core due to the defensive arrangement. She'd need support troops to draw fire so she could work her way in... And that would pull healers off.

The 3 o'clock compartment has a little notch next to the mortar that often pulls troops coming from the TH compartment to it. It really is fun to watch the pathing.

Anyway, hope that helps! If I was missing something in your post, let me know!
    Last edited by jonrdavies; June 11th, 2016 at 06:08 AM.
    ... two things are infinite; the universe and stupidity on global... And I'm not entirely sure about the former.

Nice work on the base. I was planning on implementing what you've done here in my next war base regarding the placement of Teslas in different compartments. Looks like its a very good idea.
    Knowledge is Power

Millennial Club
    Kinda new meta, but you are missing the basics...u cant have both dgbs and tesla farm close to the queen. Just one jump or quad quake rip.

Quote Originally Posted by IlDiavolo View Post
    Kinda new meta, but you are missing the basics...u cant have both dgbs and tesla farm close to the queen. Just one jump or quad quake rip.
    This one is a valuable suggestion. A direct approach will be easier than flanking off to the sides.

Fresh Spawn
    This base is vulnerble to golaloon. a 2 golem ks with jump and rage can easily take out queen/2 ads.

most point defenses and 3 out of 4 wiz towers cover up ads, so hounds will tank most point defense and splash damage, loons will be unhrmed.
    Last edited by pranav3v; June 11th, 2016 at 10:34 AM.

Looks like a pretty good base. I don't like how a EQ or jump GoHo/GoVaHo can take out both dgbs though
    DarkStar - TH8.5 with 600+ war stars.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by IlDiavolo View Post
    Awesome point, in my early version of the base I had a set of dgbs behind the TH near the xbow... After a few wars I realized that the dgbs were getting triggered too closely together (usually by a golem).

I definitely agree that you don't want the dgbs on the path to the AQ. What I have found though is that the majority of attacks start near the TH. There have been a number of attacks that start near the AQ Island, either by 10:30 or by 1:30, but I've found that the troop AI for several of the troop types will agro on the AQ once the are close enough which makes hitting both sets of dgbs a little unpredictable.

I can only speak from what I've experienced, but so far it is working where I have them, of course I could get wrecked in the next war!!! - but if you get some time to test out other locations I'd love to hear what you find.
    ... two things are infinite; the universe and stupidity on global... And I'm not entirely sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by pranav3v View Post
    This base is vulnerble to golaloon. a 2 golem ks with jump and rage can easily take out queen/2 ads.

most point defenses and 3 out of 4 wiz towers cover up ads, so hounds will tank most point defense and splash damage, loons will be unhrmed.
    Surprisingly, not many attempts w laloon have been made. There have been a few - perhaps by people who weren't very good at it - but it hasn't been beaten by laloon yet. I think you make an interesting point though about the defensive distribution for point defenses... I'll have to think about the coverage on the ADs. I'll add the next laloon to the war log when I have an attempt made

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrdavies View Post
    Awesome point, in my early version of the base I had a set of dgbs behind the TH near the xbow... After a few wars I realized that the dgbs were getting triggered too closely together (usually by a golem).

I definitely agree that you don't want the dgbs on the path to the AQ. What I have found though is that the majority of attacks start near the TH. There have been a number of attacks that start near the AQ Island, either by 10:30 or by 1:30, but I've found that the troop AI for several of the troop types will agro on the AQ once the are close enough which makes hitting both sets of dgbs a little unpredictable.

I can only speak from what I've experienced, but so far it is working where I have them, of course I could get wrecked in the next war!!! - but if you get some time to test out other locations I'd love to hear what you find.

The best way to make 2 well spread out dgbs is to put one dgb closer to the queen and the next one on the other side, far away from the queen.

PS: Logs that you posted are far from 3 star strategies, that my clan is facing most of the time. This si why people are starting from TH side...we call that gowipe mentality
    Last edited by IlDiavolo; June 11th, 2016 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scr3am3R View Post
    Nice work on the base. I was planning on implementing what you've done here in my next war base regarding the placement of Teslas in different compartments. Looks like its a very good idea.
    Thx Scr3am3R, it does make a difference spreading the teslas out between 3 compartments... The kill box area overall has saved my skin in a few attacks where the attacker was charging through the base and suddenly they run into that zone and the attack loses all momentum.

I'd highly recommend trying using the teslas that way.