Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: API rate limit too low.

API rate limit too low.

Well I have been using the API for a while now and I feel that the API Rate Limit is waay to low.

Also I really don't know what is the use of multiple keys. Usually most of the API have one key and a high rate limit.

Does this mean that Supercell is okay with people using multiple keys. Like around 20-30 of them ? Does that count as abuse ?

Also is there any limit to the number of keys that I can create ?
    $DOLLAR AKSHAY$
    Visit my Personal Website at http://dollarakshay.com/

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by DollarAkshay View Post
    Well I have been using the API for a while now and I feel that the API Rate Limit is waay to low.

Also I really don't know what is the use of multiple keys. Usually most of the API have one key and a high rate limit.

Does this mean that Supercell is okay with people using multiple keys. Like around 20-30 of them ? Does that count as abuse ?

Also is there any limit to the number of keys that I can create ?
    Can you please be a bit more specific. How many requests per second are you making and what sort of response you get when exceeding the limits? There shouldn't be need to create multiple keys just to go around rate limiting.

At the moment, you can create 5 API keys per developer account.

Well as of now I'm just testing. I refresh the page quite often, about 20-30 times in 10 minutes cause I need to see the updated changes. I know im supposed to be caching the data but as of now its just testing

This shouldn't be a problem, you should be able to make multiple requests in one second.

I'm also just testing, and was checking random clans, refreshed like every 5 seconds (to check what happens when a war log is private, took me way too long to find one), never managed to get Error 429 so far.

Btw. I'm caching, of course
    Werner der Champ German CoC Wiki Admin (Link)
    My Ideas:Matchmaking fix for Legends|Cat troop idea|Ultimate Clash Royale Tournament idea
    Quote Originally Posted by WernerderChamp View Post
    Are you again waiting till 100,000,000 total clicks on "Try again" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    Yes. Please hurry up with the final 10,000 taps!

Hmmm 10 requests per second is quite a lot. They do have some limit per minute I think.
    My application actually wasn't retrieving any data, so I assumed that I had crossed the API rate limit, after debugging but it turns out that it was a different error.

It would still be nice if they specified the exact numbers for the API Limit
    $DOLLAR AKSHAY$
    Visit my Personal Website at http://dollarakshay.com/