Thread: Please -.-

Please -.-

Please don't comment on old threads, you are bringing them to first page, Commenting on a thread from a week ago or months ago :/ you think they haven't got a clan yet and waiting for you? NO

I disrespectfully disagree.

Many Chiefs take a while to find a clan. When we're recruiting players, we're always looking for the best, most active players. Just because their post is a few days old doesn't mean they're currently in, or happy with, a clan. As a clan leader, I'm simply doing my due diligence by recruiting promising players while continuing to assemble one of the most elite clans in the game.

I do agree with your point about "months ago"...personally, I try to keep my replies limited to one week because I'm assuming the chances of that player will revisit their post is high. However, yes, a month+ it's probably a cold and dead thread.

Have a good day.
    -WTFBBQ Family

i agree with not replying to the thread and therefore bumping it, if you are interested in the player with a day(or older)thread, simply send a private message...landed more than a few great people this way.
    Owner/operator of B.C.Buds at #8VLYJLJC

here is our recruitment thread

Now THAT is a conversation I'd love to have—and a question I'll open to all recruiters out there:

"Do you have more success recruiting people by carpet bombing thread posts and replying, or do you have greater success with a DM?"

To my earlier point about replying to a potentially week old post, another benefit of public posting is that other clans and other players MIGHT see our post (even though they weren't the INTENDED target) and they might look into or apply to our clan.
    -WTFBBQ Family

Quote Originally Posted by WTFBBQ View Post
    Now THAT is a conversation I'd love to have—and a question I'll open to all recruiters out there:

"Do you have more success recruiting people by carpet bombing thread posts and replying, or do you have greater success with a DM?"

To my earlier point about replying to a potentially week old post, another benefit of public posting is that other clans and other players MIGHT see our post (even though they weren't the INTENDED target) and they might look into or apply to our clan.
    I try to DM them then say a little about my clan on their thread. But I havent had much luck recruiting from here a lil ole lvl 5 clan with 52-12 war record doesnt get me very far!

Sometimes players bump their own threads. I've seen it happen, and it is ok to reply to those. However I've seen other cases where you're correct too. Just go with the common sense intuition

I would also guess that in this part of the SuperCell fourms that players only care about their own individual threads and the clans that reach out to them. I highly doubt other players care about other players' threads.

HOWEVER, I would imagine a player who is searching for a clan is looking in that part of the fourms. So really, from an audience standpoint, this thread is specifically for clans who are pursuing members who are looking—and in that instance, our clan has no qualms with rolling up our sleeves and digging through some seasoned posts to find the best culture fits and skilled Chiefs to wear the Level 11 WTFBBQ shield.

Clash on \m/ \m/
    -WTFBBQ Family

I agree with OP. Resurrecting threads more than a week ago is futile. If you are an active recruiter, even those that are more than 2 days old you would know chances of getting that player is very slim. The problem is many recruiters simply spam their copy & paste advertisements without even reading the original post.