Thread: Tell me why I should start playing.

Pro Member

Tell me why I should start playing.

I have a near maxed TH11 in CoC. That game has grown stale for me, switched to Boom...leans to a slower style of game play than CoC..which I am enjoying a lot. The 'slower' play has my intrest and that is why I am here. Tell me why I should start playing HD, like the slower (unless I am wrong) play style.

Thanks
    Last edited by Flowers; May 22nd, 2016 at 10:37 PM.

HD will test your skill at resource management. It is not a win or lose game, it's up to you to decide how you play.
    Level 162
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    🐝 kind. 🤗

Hay Day is very time-consuming, just like finding a raid on CoC. At first, it might be really easy, slow, boring, etc; but once you hit around level 25 or so (does not take terribly long to get to), it starts taking more time as you unlock more animals. Hay Day is also highly different, since clash is just raiding players and wars, but hay day has derbies, neighborhoods (basically wars and clans, but less violent), selling your crops, and time management. Plus, Hay Day has a MUCH bigger customization aspect to it, where as CoC is just trying to make your base the most durable. Plus, you can get pets, which is overall my favourite part.
    Last edited by LutetiumFarms; May 22nd, 2016 at 10:42 PM.
    "Soybeans are a legacy and a virtue. You sell 1, you sell them for an eternity."

Pro Member
    Thanks for the replys, ship has started to sail for me on CoC. Like SC games...any more?

Pro Member
    You should play because- DONKEYS!!!!!! Duh.

*insert photo of my cute donkeys doing cute donkey things here*
    This.Kitty /
    Level 163 / Town 53
    Farm- Lost Kitten Farm 8YY08VL9L
    everyday is halloween

Banned
    Just don't buy diamonds or you will lose the free ones.

Quote Originally Posted by snakiddy View Post
    Just don't buy diamonds or you will lose the free ones.
    This thread gives more details

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...orst-deal-ever

Lev 133/Rep Lev 34 US Central Time Zone (GMT-6) FIELD ARTIST, STORYTELLER, and FROG WRANGLER 132/137 AchievementsProud Graduate of the University of Texas -- HOOK 'EM HORNS!! Thx PEACHIE for AWESOME sig pic! DONE with permits May 2019 - Opting out of this BORING grind for bad decos. Sanctuary: Adults complete 25 Dec 2017. Babies complete: 06 Jun 2019

Quote Originally Posted by badevilkitty View Post
    You should play because- DONKEYS!!!!!! Duh.

*insert photo of my cute donkeys doing cute donkey things here*
    LOL! Very true. The donkeys are funny and sleep in totally silly ways.

You'll make a bunch of great friends here who will come to mean a great deal to you and together you level up, helping one another, strategizing this and that. This is definitely a resource management game as Momscar said above and you will get a valuable lesson in doing just that.

No one will harm your farm and nothing ever dies in HD so you can't really lose, but you can definitely manage time incorrectly when it comes to machines. But that's okay, we're here and we can guide you along.

Hope to see you on the farm.
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to TerMinus Prime for my cool banner

This sounds familiar, I was playing Clash for almost 3 years; was deep into TH11...but was losing interest and getting frustrated by the daily grind to be up there.

Clash started to feel like a job; you feel like you MUST play a certain amount of time or go backwards. That feeling never sat well with me; especially after "free shields" via town halls stopped. Sure it was against the will of the game; but it allowed many of us to manage our play time better.

As I was entering that stage of no longer enjoying the grind of clash I started Hay Day. It's slow and real easy to manage early, but ends up becoming a fascinating resource management game with more than just farming to it There is also a fishing area & a town to later manage also.

Also, many opt to take the game to a whole new level by engaging in the trading side of the game.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...-%28part-11%29 - trade thread.

For me, prior Clash I had played competitor farm games on Facebook; but they never held my interest. Hay Day is in my opinion several times better than those.

So the farm style game has always appealed - hell even when I played Clash I was 'farming' pretty much all the time anyway. Also I am always fascinated by the trading aspect of the game, basically a whole new economy created by the players.

It's a game that can potentially have me engaged for several hours a day, but at the same time if I don't get to it at all on any given day. I'm not too bothered by it [derby aside, but you can opt out just like Clan War]. With Clash however I would be very concerned about having time like that away unless I purchased a shield.

Whether you play 1 hr a day, or 4 hrs a day you feel like your making comfortable progress; and never going backwards.
    Last edited by daz258; May 24th, 2016 at 03:08 AM.
    Former Clasher
    Hay Day Farmer Lv 79, Town 23
    Of Chill Reputations - A different way to farm