Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: API request limitations

Centennial Club

API request limitations

Hi,

I'm the dev behind Clash of Stats. I know that it has already be stated that the limit was 10 requests/s/IP, and my site follow this rule strictly.
    But am I allowed to setup several servers with different IPs to batch the API each at 10/s, if so to what extent? I have the ability to get several IPs, and I was thinking to setup 4 of them so I can browse all clans war logs when the feature is released (as it won't be available through search which I normally use to limit the number of requests needed).
    I don't want to break any rules or provoke performance issues on your side.

Regards,
    Adrien from Clash of Stats.
    Hey Chief!
    Checkout Clash of Stats! Free Live Clan Page, Historical Data, Clans Rankings and Players Rankings.
    Awesome feature you would like to see? Critics? Tell me here!

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrienBaron View Post
    Hi,

I'm the dev behind Clash of Stats. I know that it has already be stated that the limit was 10 requests/s/IP, and my site follow this rule strictly.
    But am I allowed to setup several servers with different IPs to batch the API each at 10/s, if so to what extent? I have the ability to get several IPs, and I was thinking to setup 4 of them so I can browse all clans war logs when the feature is released (as it won't be available through search which I normally use to limit the number of requests needed).
    I don't want to break any rules or provoke performance issues on your side.

Regards,
    Adrien from Clash of Stats.
    I don't think there has been any official statement about 10 req/s, but that is at least on safe level. You can't really break any rules with regards to request limiting by requesting too much, because you will just get throttled. Of course, if that occurs in a way that clearly indicates attempt to abuse the system, then that can be considered breaking the rules.

Rate limiting does not happen per IP, but per API key.

Centennial Club
    Thanks for the reply!
    Yes the limit is not written in any official API doc but has been stated in the past in the dev forum thread if I remember correctly .
    Ok I didn't know that the limit was per API key, good to know . I'll probably request faster then .

Any ETA for the API release? So that we can get ready on our side ?
    Last edited by AdrienBaron; May 23rd, 2016 at 08:45 AM.
    Hey Chief!
    Checkout Clash of Stats! Free Live Clan Page, Historical Data, Clans Rankings and Players Rankings.
    Awesome feature you would like to see? Critics? Tell me here!

Hi,

thanks for giving us fansite developers more transparancy. I would love to have changes, roadmap, ... somewhere centrally documented for e.g. here https://developer.clashofclans.com/

Thanks.