Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Champions league disagreement need help

Champions league disagreement need help

Okay we have a disagreement within our neighborhood. We get slaughtered every time we make it to the championship league. All the other Derby levels we maintain 1st-3rd place. I've read that trashing tasks DOES NOT hurt your score that trashing tasks only counts against the global leader board thing. Can somebody please explain it to me in dummy terms what we are doing wrong? If trashing tasks does make us drop down on the Derby itself?

The more tasks you trash, the more points you lose in the Leaderboard. You dont lose anything in the derby.
    So, trash tasks as much as you can and take the highest possible tasks. If your neighborhood is small, you can take only 320 points tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by sumthenspshl View Post
    Okay we have a disagreement within our neighborhood. We get slaughtered every time we make it to the championship league. All the other Derby levels we maintain 1st-3rd place. I've read that trashing tasks DOES NOT hurt your score that trashing tasks only counts against the global leader board thing. Can somebody please explain it to me in dummy terms what we are doing wrong? If trashing tasks does make us drop down on the Derby itself?
    Trashing does NOT affect your Derby score. Not one bit.

Trashing and all the maths after the Derby is finished calculates your Champions Leaderboard score, that is all. The vast majority of us need never give it a second thought. We are at something like 58,000th place!

To help you more it would be good to know the size of your NH and your general Derby rules, as the strategy is very very different depending on the size of your NH.

However, basically, the more people you have opted in to play, the lower your trash level can be and the earlier you can start the Derby.

I think teams with 30 can probably trash under 275 and still place, whereas very small teams (1/2/3/4 players) have to do 10x320 to place and generally something like 305 to be pretty sure of staying in. You also need to get good tasks on the board before anyone takes a task. If you start too early with no other tasks to take, you have very little chance of placing because invariably you will be matched with the teams using diamonds to refresh their board (all power to them, but if you don't do that its best to avoid being matched with them!). You also need to be very selective about your tasks.
    FROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 171 (50 Town)150/150 Achievements
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

Centennial Club
    if you want to do the championship league, you cannot ever be alone or be in a small 1-3 ppl hood. i made that mistake and it was so sad. not only did i not place top 3, i constantly did 316-318x10 tasks and i was barely above the bottom 3. its just not worth it. if you have a small hood you need to do your 320 tasks very quickly. now that im in a hood of 20, its so much better! there are always people who trash tasks, help out and you get all the 9 horse shoe rewards.

We usually have about 20 of our 25 members opted in. We stay in champs, almost always trophy, and are never in danger of falling back to a lower league. Ours is not a driven competitive derby hood, but we are very good about helping each other with tasks. Our derby rules are to do the 9 free tasks at 280+, though most members average over 300 each task. About 5 members routinely do the 10 th task, more if it is close to get a gold. No tolerance for not following through on derby commitment or NH community value of helping each other. Hope this helps.

I should add that there are a lot of high level farms in our NH; that certainly makes things easier from a barn size perspective, but our boats and trucks can be pretty brutal.

willow
    Last edited by willow; May 16th, 2016 at 11:58 PM.
    Hay Day Level 135
    Town level 39

Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    .... You also need to get good tasks on the board before anyone takes a task. If you start too early with no other tasks to take, you have very little chance of placing because invariably you will be matched with the teams using diamonds to refresh their board...
    I dont understand this. Can you explain?
    We always start the derby on Tuesday morning, we take the first 320 task that comes up and we usually finish in 2 days or less.
    You mean we should take the first task later? Like Friday or Saturday? What is the difference?

That's interesting. Sounds like the advice is to begin derby week by trashing til the board is full of decent tasks before actually taking any tasks. Is that right, small change?
    Hay Day Level 135
    Town level 39

It won't make u drop,down in your league only way to drop is by being in last three. Younger bonus points for NH size but you do,get minus points for trashing tasks so,if up have high tasting tasks it could take away from NH bonus. It's a fine line to,figure out your task points based on NH size and anoint of trashed task.

we are in champion league place top,three all,the time get our max points for 29 players if no,one opted out we do,tasks 313 and above even with people opted out but try to,keep trashed task,no,high then 2000 most 2200 we don't flip,board with diamonds we may start behind but the game is like a math game trying to,figure what competitors are doing as task. I am luckynimhabe a math whizz that follows competition and tells us if we need to,raise task a few days and when it's safe to drop once we got gold to,save trashed task we also wait 8 hours after derby starts to set board up and stay away from diamond spending crazy teams. Let me know is I can be of more help or friend request me and send private messages and I can copy the mathnqpequation my math whizz tried to explain to my team
    BBB & GG Leader (Blue Horse/Purple circle)
    Derby Dominator's (Don't forget the apostrophe)
    NH Tag #90LVU22V (Don't forget the #symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    I think teams with 30 can probably trash under 275 and still place, whereas very small teams (1/2/3/4 players) have to do 10x320 to place and generally something like 305 to be pretty sure of staying in. You also need to get good tasks on the board before anyone takes a task. If you start too early with no other tasks to take, you have very little chance of placing because invariably you will be matched with the teams using diamonds to refresh their board (all power to them, but if you don't do that its best to avoid being matched with them!). You also need to be very selective about your tasks.
    Too true. My NH of 4 cannot win in the championship league. We go for the 9 horseshoes and in order to do that must do tasks 307 or more points. We tend to do the highest we can, but do not hold out for only 320 point tasks. We do not buy a 10th task. We generally end up around 10th place. We are apparently too competitive to get to go back to the Expert league, and definitely not competitive enough to end in the top 3.

When the derby only had 5 tasks, my NH would try to wait and not start until late Wednesday or on Thursday. This seemed to put us in competition with less competitive NHs and gave us a higher chance of placing in the top 3. The idea is that the more competitive NH will start early, use diamonds to get all 320 point tasks, buy a 10th task and finish as quickly as possible to get into the top 3 spots. NHs that wait to start are then pitted against other NHs that have waited and are generally less competitive. My NH has not tried this in the Championship League since it is hard enough for us to complete all 9 tasks when starting on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by sumthenspshl View Post
    Please give us more information, such as how many members do you have participating in the derby and what your minimum point tasks are.
    We have 17 in our neighborhood and have anywhere between 10 and 15 that usually participate in the derby. We have been in Champ league since, I can't remember, and always place in the top three. We do 315 point tasks and above but will do 310 if the board is feeling stingy. We trash tasks like CRAZY!
    Farm level 99
    TAG #PCC2CVVP