Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most effective TH9 DE farming (In my opinion)

Exclamation Most effective TH9 DE farming (In my opinion)

Hey everyone

This guide will be in my signature if anyone needed to visit it later.

What I will cover in this thread:
    1- Why I am writing this?
    2- What is the army composition and distribution of troops in barracks?
    3- Explanation of how to effectively use the army composition.
    4- What league is preferable for this comp?
    5- What to watch out for and to keep in mind at all time?

Let's start
    1- Why I am writing this?
    I have seen several threads about what is the best TH9 DE farming strategy. Many suggested barch/gibarch and farming at crystal-masters league. Although these are good options, in my opinion it's not the fastest and easiest method. Why would you need to push to anywhere near masters for DE? Sure the bonus as well as the raids are great but it's still risky sometimes and not the fastest way. Barch can really only get you the loot in collectors but that's about it you can't get in the core with barch, but gibarch does. Yet, with all the spring traps and traps, gibarch users expect too much of it as it doesn't always get in the core even with max army. The army composition i'm using does not require any heroes and can get you 20k+ DE in an hour of boosting with minimal elixir usage.

2- What is the army composition?

8 Giants
    16 Wallbreakers
    30 Archers
    2 Hogs
    108 Goblins
    3 Heal spells
    1 Jump spell
    1 Poison (Either yours or donated, and it's not necessary if you're good with killing CC troops)

Note: You may replace poison with freeze and the 2 hogs with extra goblins if you want. The hogs and poison and just for pulling any possible CC troops while raiding

3- Explanation of how to effectively use the army composition.
    First and foremost, you need to locate where the dark elixir on the base is. Many people can easily focus on the storage and not see that a big amount is also located in collectors. Once you have located where is the DE, find the nearest spot to check for CC troops and lure them with either hogs (if it's hard to reach clan castle zone) or a goblin/giant or two if clan castle is not exactly in the middle of the base. You don't always need to use the two hogs so keep that in mind. Once you lure ALL the defending CC troops, pull them to the corner using only few goblins, and then kill the CC troops using the 30 archers along with the poison spell and this should kill any CC troops combination that will come from the CC. You may ignore defending CC troops such as golems, lava hounds, etc. Once you get rid of the defending CC troops, proceed ahead with dropping one giant followed by few wallbreakers to break the first layer of walls and few goblins to take out outer collectors from the side you will attack from. Once first layer is opened, the attack begins. Send in all the remaining giants and along with any heroes you want to use behind the giants. Drop a heal on the way and two finger or one finger drop what's remaining of the goblins and immediately drop a jump spell that would lead to the DE storage and TH, and use the two other heal spells on the core to let the goblins wipe out the core and that's it.

4- What league is preferable for this comp?
    I believe that the best league for this is between 1600-2200 cups. Over that in crystal I haven't seen abundance of DE and needed to "next" more, and even this comp can most of the times give you a star, one mistake or wrong base to attack (I will cover that later) can lead to a fail so it's definitely not a strategy that you want to rely on for pushing while farming as you are risking the cups here. Lower than 1500 there's not much DE filled bases but between 1500-2000 cups you will find 2k+ base within few nexts and plus even if you make a mistake, the cups do not matter as you can gain cups back to 1500+ on defense or barch (if you hate waiting).

5- What to watch out for and to keep in mind at all time?
    First thing to quickly mention here, please don't get tempted with all the dead bases that you will find Around 1600 you will find plenty of dead bases with 300k of gold and elixir but are you after the DE or regular loot? If you want to also get the other resources then go ahead but if your object is DE, you should just keep hitting next until a 1800+ DE offer comes up.

Now much more importantly, is the second thing. When attacking, you NEED to determine whether the base you're attacking is risky or not, and to watch out for giant bombs (mortars and wizard towers are not the trouble with this composition, but the giant bombs in the core). If the DE storage is surrounded by 2x2 spaces, then keep in mind that there can either be a tesla or giant bomb there so plan carefully whether you want to take the risk or not. If there's no 2x2 space on the side the goblins will attack the DE storage then you're good to go, because if there is a 2x2 space near the first layer of walls, either the giants will pop up a tesla or one finger drop the goblins to check if it's a giant bomb before you drop all the big horde of gobs.

This is all I want to cover in this thread and if anyone have a question regarding this please reply to this thread. I have a program that can record my gameplay so I can show you guys examples if needed so please let me know. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Qatar101; July 1st, 2018 at 08:40 PM.
    Clash of Clans Level: 156, Town Hall 12
    Best TH9 DE strategy (Works incredibly well for TH10s as well)

I believe all those strategies have their own subforum

http://forum.supercell.net/forumdisp...ing-Strategies

Quote Originally Posted by Carmelina View Post
    I believe all those strategies have their own subforum

http://forum.supercell.net/forumdisp...ing-Strategies
    Believe it or not 90% of the people visiting coc forum go to general even when they seek strategies so at least it can reach them.

I am using this strategy from a few days its realy effective and thanks for detail explanation but its a base oriented strategy but easy to execute!

Quote Originally Posted by yatindeshpande View Post
    I am using this strategy from a few days its realy effective and thanks for detail explanation but its a base oriented strategy but easy to execute!
    Sorry for very late reply for some reason I did't get notification. Anyway, yes you need to know which base to attack and which to not attack. The only problem is possitibilty of giant bomb infront of DE storage, but if there is no 2x2 space infront of DE storage (which is what you will mostly find) then this strategy can hit any DE storage no matter what when executed right.

I actually use a similar strategy, helps me keep both heroes down at the same time 24/7. The goblin buff to TH9 really helped. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHunter1048 View Post
    His Greatness Lord Brandon probably just struck us all dead on the first day to save himself time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeps20 View Post
    Thaaaaaaaats brandscum!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noguy5 View Post
    The most elaborate bus of them all.

It works like a charm 😉

I've been using the good old fashioned queen walk for the last week and I typically can come away with around 3k DE per raid, but I'm also in Champs, so the loot bonus makes up a third of that.

Millennial Club
    Will try this out, as I need to upgrade my sparkling new queen

Quote Originally Posted by Omega117 View Post
    I've been using the good old fashioned queen walk for the last week and I typically can come away with around 3k DE per raid, but I'm also in Champs, so the loot bonus makes up a third of that.
    What about when you are upgrading your queen?