Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Derby champion league extra task bug

SC, Nick and team, please read why this derby will allow 3520 scores in CL this week

Hi Supercell, Nick and Team

There is a topic around duplicated derby tasks at the moment. Let me please explain you what is going on here. On the one side, what is happening here can turn into an unfair advantage for some neighborhoods, on the other side it can turn in the loss of league for others. Moreover your algorithm on matchmaking becomes useless as it allows the overachievement of points, which especially in very small hoods will lead to scores which should not be possible at all. Given a one person hood, given the glitch happens, given one manages to survive the duplication issue, an achievement of 3520 points is possible in CL. So what is going on here?

1. You pick a task, finish it, hand it in, all points count as usual
    2. You are ready for the next one, however, the just completed task reappears as your task again, without having it picked and no chance to do something else. Moreover, the time to finish the duplicate is reduced by the elapsed time it took to finish the original one.
    3. The lucky ones, depending on the task and time still available, will manage to complete the duplicate as well. Needless to say, the points count, they are added to the hoods score and to the individual players score as well. The poor ones will either have to trash and loose points or they have to speed up using diamonds possible for mine, town, truck, some production tasks, but complete nonsense for harvesting, as speeding up single fields will ruin all diamonds you ever had or are willing to buy.
    4. Now it gets very interesting: the availability of open tasks which is shown on top right corner of the derby task board, does not take the duplicate into consideration. It shows one additional task available. What happens in CL: the lucky ones can complete 9 tasks, plus the duplicate, plus the diamond tenth one. Ends up in 11 possible tasks, given a single hood player, doing the math will have a derby score of 3520!!

For fairness reasons towards the entire derby community, which is really fighting hard on achievements, scores and global appreciation, I really ask you to check with your support teams on tickets, check the bug forum here, there are multiple reports on this topic. Moreover I suggest, that you somehow try to ensure and encourage that no hood has to leave its current league simply because of this glitch. I really hope, that you will advise to your support teams to carefully study the player logs, I am sure you will be able to easily detect the duplicates and affected hoods.

I am reporting this right now, so I think it is enough time left for you QM team and the developers to think about how this derby round can come to a fair end!

Thanks a lot for reading this
    Cheers City
    Farm Level 112
    Town Level 24
    player since December 2012

CNS -- When did this start? Was it recently (like this week)?

Have you reported this to in-game support? If so, what did they tell you?

Lev 133/Rep Lev 34 US Central Time Zone (GMT-6) FIELD ARTIST, STORYTELLER, and FROG WRANGLER 132/137 AchievementsProud Graduate of the University of Texas -- HOOK 'EM HORNS!! Thx PEACHIE for AWESOME sig pic! DONE with permits May 2019 - Opting out of this BORING grind for bad decos. Sanctuary: Adults complete 25 Dec 2017. Babies complete: 06 Jun 2019

Hi Perky,
    thanks for reading here and as well in the bug section, saw you wrote you elevated this topic.
    To answer your questions, it started this week that it was observed in such a frequency and I even saw a screenshot showing the 3520. It quickly spread the word around the hoods, you know longtime players have mates here and there. I remember this happened before but only on a very occasional basis and not allowing the additional task on top. This really seems to have started this week.

Regarding support, I honestly appreciate what support does, however I experienced quite some times standardized answers, which in this case I feel would lead to a lag in time for fixing this issue. So to me it seemed more appropriate reporting this here to a broader audience. I know that software development in some cases has really unintended pitfalls, which is nothing to blame development or testing for, some things simply only reveal when the large crowd does live testing in the online environment. This happens everywhere in development and is the crucial part to constantly strive for continuous improvement. I am looking forward to the developers debugging and hunting down this glitch as it really puts all the achieved scores under question.

Thanks again
    City
    Farm Level 112
    Town Level 24
    player since December 2012

City - For all the canned answers that players despise, reporting glitches like this to the in-game support is an effective way to elevate this issue to SC. I would encourage you to do that, while I work contacts I have as a GASP to bring attention to it too.

Lev 133/Rep Lev 34 US Central Time Zone (GMT-6) FIELD ARTIST, STORYTELLER, and FROG WRANGLER 132/137 AchievementsProud Graduate of the University of Texas -- HOOK 'EM HORNS!! Thx PEACHIE for AWESOME sig pic! DONE with permits May 2019 - Opting out of this BORING grind for bad decos. Sanctuary: Adults complete 25 Dec 2017. Babies complete: 06 Jun 2019

HOW did they get these points ?

Two people in our Derby. Within 2 days, 5 teams hav max of 6400 which is 320x 10 with the extra task. Now one team has 6720.
    HOW ?? Have asked supercell and sent them photo.

6400 possible Derby points. One team gets 6720 . HOW?

In a neighbourhood of 2 in Derby. 6400 is max if you include an extra task and all at 320. They must all by loads of diamonds. How does one team get 6720 though? Is it a bug? The

My daughter expereinced this phenomenom with a mining task for fun and giggles we got extra mining eq from her NH to complete the same task 12 times. she still had 8 tasks left to take I had her screen shot it and helped her write into to support so they could pull the logs. it's an artifact left over most likely due to lag during the completion. when they checked the logs even though we had 3840 points showing on our screen there was only the first 320 for the previous task and the first 320 for the mining task. we had to delete and reinstall hayday to get it to refresh. it appears to be phenominal points but in reality they are ghost points. Hope this helps ya. since deleting and reinstalling she hasn't had any further instances of it.
    my kik ID is tiaxotrax For a list of what features were added to which updates. check this link.
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...39#post5782239

This happened in my derby too! I contacted support thru the game because I had finished my 9th task, received my points but it seemed it left the task as if it had not been started. I was told it was a "graphical misrepresentation in the derby log". I was told to trash this task, as I would not receive points if I repeated the task, but I would still be able to choose a task using diamonds. So I did just this. Then my hood mate had the same thing happen. She did exactly what I did. THEN I saw the scoreboard and there was a team that had previously had 6400 had moved to 6720! I again contacted support. They say now that they are aware they will be working on a fix!

My problem with this is there are loads of NHs that will win or place with more points than the maximum! All when SC is trying to make a stand for fair play! REALLY?!? Our team was already out of the running to place, but I'm sure there are plenty that are way serious competitors that will not place because of this glitch. I am sure these people will be hopping mad!
    Level 158
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Centennial Club
    There is currently some kind of bug that allows a person to do more than the maximum tasks without spending diamonds. Happened to me today. I went to collect my points for a helper task, and it immediately restarted the task after awarding my points, and did not remove from my available tasks. As such, I will complete 10 tasks without spending diamonds this week.
    GC: StarSon83 || kik: StarSon83

Here's a link to a thread on this topic in the Bugs forum. SC is aware of this and is reportedly working on it, but I suspect it helps to have all the people reporting the glitch posting in one place. Also, it may be helpful for them to know how widespread the problem is.
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...-gets-6720-HOW

Farm Level 125 | Town 40 | Achievements 143/144