Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I like this idea

69 76.67%
  • No, I do not like this idea

21 23.33%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Troop: MOSQUITO!

Sitting near a fire with some Barbarians and Valkyries(\/alhalla)

New Troop: MOSQUITO!

Hello everyone and welcome the Mosquito troop/idea/concept. This thread will be more of a guide rather than an idea, so if you know a lot about Clash and game fundamentals, I'd appreciate comments from you specifically.

Note: Special thanks to Jais DK. Of course, there have been many concepts similar to his, but the troop design inspired me to help him out and add more to the idea.

Important:
    I take the troop ideas forum very seriously; I need proper details and feedback explaining why a concept like mine could have problems for the game. If you're a more experienced player, I'd like you to tell me how you would use this troop with one of your farming or war compositions, as it would boost the likelihood of this troop to be a success amid the other ideas. If you don't feel like telling me a strategy, just tell me something that you like about the troop and how it could be useful.

Please read all information available on the thread before making comments, be sure not to miss anything.

I'm always coming up with new tactics and news for my ideas, every so often I'll post something within the comments, so stay tuned if you're interested.

Table of Contents:

•Summary

•Attacking Strategies

•Army Compositions

•Defensive Strategies

•Statistics & Troop Level Info

•Frequently asked Questions and Answers

•Bonus/Trivia

Pros & Cons section

Summary:

With a utility suiting the kind of troop's role, the Mosquito is more than just a flying unit that will specifically target resources.

Although the Mosquito will target resources, they love attacking heroes! The Mosquito will target the nearest preferred target; they will not just simply attack heroes, but they will also slow them down and reduce their attack speed by a certain percentage. This is the troop's unique ability.

When 3 or more Mosquitoes are close together in a group, they will all benefit from an increased movement speed bonus and health bonus; making it easier to take down resources and Heroes.

The Mosquito is capable of dealing with both ground and air troops, but a Mosquito will not retaliate against regular defending clan castle troops until all of its primary targets are eliminated. Since heroes are one of the Mosquito's primary targets, they will target them next if close enough, and will ​retaliate if friendly troops are being attacked or are being attacked, themselves, by a hero.

Level 1 available at TH10, level 2 available at TH11.

Attacking Strategies:

As a Loot Troop/Tanking: No doubt an air-resource troop has been suggested before, but if you are primarily an air attacker and want the benefit of easier loot stealing, the Mosquito would serve you well; They deal more damage to resources and attack from above.

Want all the loot for yourself? Make sure you can keep them behind cover long enough. With rockets and arrows flailing through the sky, it will make it difficult to obtain wanted resources. The Mosquito is sufficient enough to handle itself, but they would be more effective in groups and around other air troops.

Ability/Resources: Heroes causing you some trouble? Stick a few Mosquitoes in your army; they will attack the king or queen if provoked or if other troops are taking a beating from them, and will drain their strength; weakening their attack speed as long as they stay on target.

Getting a group or horde of Mosquitoes to a core of a base will prove effective. Your opponent may have many resource buildings adjacent to each other, along with the king or queen. Want to destroy them quicker? Drop a Rage or Haste to add more damage and speed. A single Mosquito is slower than a single Goblin, but putting Mosquitoes in groups of 3 or more will give them a boost in movement speed.

Advantages over Geared Up Defenses: Geared up Archer Towers enable a little quicker of an attack speed, thus resulting in more damage over time. However, geared up Archer Towers have a shorter range. Take advantage of bases where there are plenty of geared up Archer Towers, as they are less likely to provide too much protection to the storages due to their shorter range. Unless the geared up Archer Towers are positioned in such a way to where they can defend storages, use Mosquitoes otherwise to reach the storages with less resistance.

Army Compositions:

MoLaLoon-(Mosquitoes, Lava Hounds, Balloons, Minions[Town Hall 9+]) An air-type army like LavaLoon would work well with some Mosquitoes. The queen can sometimes be a pain, so with a few Mosquitoes behind the mix of LH's and Loons, the queen will go down a little bit quicker, as well as the town hall!

BAMMO-(Barbarians, Archers, Minions, Mosquitoes[Multiple TH's]) Awkward name, I know, but perhaps an effective farming strategy. I know people will come across very juicy lower-leveled bases, but with Mosquito around, they can act as mini tanks for your Minions while stealing resources at the same time.

GoVaLoMo
    -(Golems, Valkyrie, Balloons, Wizards, Mosquitoes[Town Hall 8+]) It's a bit difficult to find a base passed TH8 with all Air Defenses in the core, but if you can take down all or most of the air defenses with your ground force, you can surgically deploy balloons around stray defenses. It will be safe for the Mosquitoes to pick off scattered resource structures and help assist with cleanup once you feel it's safe enough.

RoLaMoLoon-(Rocketeer[s], Lava Hounds, Mosquitoes, Balloons[Town Hall 9+]) Rocketeers can work well in many armies. For this army they'd be able to take out defenses from a range, leaving room for your Mosquitoes to take whatever resources they can. You'll be able to carry out the main attack as you wish, the Mosquitoes will clear resource structures and heroes quickly. (The Rocketeer is one of my other troop concepts.)

GoWiBoMo-(Golems, Witches, Bowlers, Mosquitoes, Healers[Town Hall 10+]) Bowlers and Witches are staple troops in high level gameplay, and are extremely strong in numbers. Clearing a section or part of the base with Bowlers will set up opportunities for your Mosquitoes, as there may be less air defenses afterwards. Be careful, there are no other air troops with this army, so your Mosquitoes may reach some resistance when trying to get resources.

MoBaLaLoon-(Mosquitoes, Baby Dragons, Lava Hounds, Balloons[Town Hall 9+]) The Baby Dragon will definitely help clean up and maul down bases with the Mosquito. The Balloons, Lava hounds and Baby Dragons will act as the main force while the Mosquitos hang back and take the resources, or target the King or Queen if they can.

GoVaDraMi/w/Mosquitos-(Golems, Valkyrie, Dragons, Wizards, Minions, Mosquitos[Town Hall 8+]) This style of attack is a two-stage attack and works well when half or all Air Defenses can be taken out with your ground force. The Golems, Wizards, and Valkyrie are your starting force. Once the ground force has done their job, the air part of this attack acts as a major support or cleanup to finish off the raid. The Mosquitoes will work just fine with the Minions and Dragons.

MoBoMin/w/Healers-(Mosquitoes, Bowlers, Miners, Healers[Town Hall 10+]) With the overwhelming power of Bowlers and Miners, surely nothing can go wrong. Typically you'd start with a queen walk and make a path for your Bowlers and Miners. The Bowlers may be used to funnel your Miners in.

Your Mosquitoes can move in with your main force and assist in taking out the Town Hall and Heroes, while stealing good loot and gaining good cups in the process. You can also surge them on outside collectors if need be.

How to Defend from this Troop: (Defensive Strategies)

• Air bombs won't deal the most damage to Mosquitoes, but they will bring their HP down enough and make it easier for other defenses to take them down. Place them near resource structures or inside the radius of your hero alters. Pairs of Air Bombs will prove significant in defending against Mosquitoes.

• Place resource structures next to Air-targeting defenses and trap them.

• Seeking Air Mines will be able to take down Mosquitoes instantly. Place them next to your most important resource structures.

This pertains to lower town hall levels, but it would be important to spread out your storages. Don't let Mosquitoes reach a core full of storages under Rage or just with their bonus, or you can kiss those resources goodbye...

• Keep your collectors outside. This slows down Mosquitoes from reaching your storages. They will be taking damage from Archer Towers or X-Bows, and may die fairly quickly.

• In war, I'd advise you to be careful of where you put your Seeking Air Mines(SAMs). LaLoon attacks are very popular, and people may try and lure SAMs if you have an Air Defense next to a storage. This may be something many cheeky people will do in an attempt to lure SAMs, so be careful.

Geared up Archer Towers may pose a greater threat to Mosquitoes, as the quicker attack speed may help destroy them faster, and will be able to keep up with Mosquitoes benefiting from a bonus. If you wish to gear up your Archer Towers, make sure they are able to cover and protect your storages or other loot structures. If loot storages are not protected from geared up Archer Towers, refrain from gearing them up to maximise coverage.

Mosquitos in CC:

Hate having to deal with queen walks? A group of Mosquitoes in your Clan Castle will be some serious trouble for the opposing queen, as they will reduce her attack speed. (Statistics below) Queen walks won't be so easy unless you bring a Poison spell to help deal with those pesky Mosquitoes.

A Mosquito is stronger Hitpoint-wise, and is able to sustain more damage than a Minion. Without air-targeting troops around to help your ground force, those troops will suffer.

Overall, Mosquitoes left uncontested against any troop unable to attack an air unit will suffer greatly. Clan Castle troops in general can be bad if not dealt with.

Statistics & Troop Level Info:

Preferred Target Attack Type
    Housing
    Space
    Training
    Time
    Movement
    Speed
    Attack
    Speed
    Range
    Resources
    (Damage x2) & Heroes
    Single Target
    (Ground and Air)
    4 30s 20 1s 1.5 tiles

Level Damage per
    Second
    DPS on Resource Buildings Hitpoints Movement Speed
    Bonus
    Hitpoint Bonus Attack Rate Decrease
    (On Heroes)
    Training
    Cost
    Upgrade
    Cost
    1 45 90 355 +20 +110 35% 39 N/A
    2 60 120 460 +20
    (N/C)
    +110 (N/C) 35%
    (N/C)
    46 120,000

Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:

60 Mosquitos will be able to fit in completely maxed Army camps. 68 if you add the eight that will fit inside a maxed Clan Castle.

Will the ARD(Attack rate decrease) stack if there are multiple Mosquitoes on a hero?- No, the more Mosquitoes there are on one hero, the more the ability will be divided to equal that of a single Mosquito. Ex: A maxed Mosquito will reduce the attack speed of a hero by 35%. Two Mosquitoes will originally add to 70% of a reduce, but since we don't want any stacks, we will simply divide this number by how many Mosquitoes there are on the hero. 70%/2=35%

They will simply not stack.

The ARD will not affect any other troop. This ability will only work against heroes.

Since 3 Mosquitoes will receive a bonus, what will happen if 6 or more group up?- The bonuses will not change, the only difference here is that there will be more Mosquitoes receiving the bonus.

What will happen if other air units get close to a group of Mosquitoes? Will their bonus work?-​Other air units will not affect the bonus. Mosquitoes will always receive their bonus if 3 or more group up, regardless of other air units.

Will Haste or Rage affect the Mosquitoes under their bonuses like they do with the Baby Dragon?-
    Unfortunately, I feel having these two spells affect the Mosquito positively would be too much, as they already receive a special bonus. Rage and Haste spells negate the bonuses Mosquitoes receive if they are already grouped up, like the Baby Dragon when he enters a Rage or Haste.

Will a Poison spell negate the bonuses of Mosquitoes?- Yes. Just like with the Baby Dragon and Poison, Mosquitoes will also lose their bonuses when conflicted with a Poison Spell.

Won't players just spam an entire army of Mosquitoes for easy loot?- I don't doubt some players might, but an entire army of Mosquitoes is 2,700 Dark Elixir. How many would be willing to use mass Mosquitoes after learning that? I suppose if players are only looking for high gold and elixir raids, this won't bother them. Goblin knife would most likely be the better option over mass Mosquitoes. The reason I made the Mosquito was to provide a use of an air resource troop with other air troops. If people really want to use mass Mosquitoes they'd be wasting a lot of Dark Elixir, and that's their decision.

What do N/A and N/C mean?- N/A means 'Not Available'. N/C means 'No Change'.

Bonus/Trivia:

• The Mosquito could be the first air unit to target resources.

• The Mosquito could be the first unit to specifically target heroes, if close enough.

• The Mosquito could have the fastest movement speed when receiving its bonus.

• The Mosquito could be the second smallest troop within the dark barracks.

• The Mosquito may be the only troop with the least levels.

Pros and Cons:

A positive feature about the Mosquito is that it can be used as a minor tank when bringing minions. It will take two hits for a level 8 Air Defense to bring down a level 1 Mosquito. A level 9 Air defense will take down a level 1 Mosquito in one shot, but not a level 2 Mosquito. Minions, however, will go down in only one against most Air Defense levels.

One Mosquito is slightly stronger than three Goblins in terms of damage. But, you can place only one Mosquito in one spot, bringing three Goblins over one Mosquito would increase coverage at the cost of less damage; also without the ability and hero attack speed reduction.

Minions Vs. Mosquitoes: One Mosquito is 4 Housing Space. Three Minions is 6. Three Minions are slightly stronger than a single Mosquito when taking down a collector or storage, but at the cost of less Housing Space available for other troops. You will not be able to take all of the structures you want with a Mosquito, you will have to use a Minion if it is not a resource building.

People may not like to spend Dark Elixir if they're farming for it. If you farm well, you'd be getting much more Dark Elixir than you spent on Mosquitoes. For some people it doesn't matter, but others hate spending it when farming.

Unfortunately, I think it would be difficult to use the Mosquito as one of the prime forces in ground-based attacks, as air bombs and Air Defenses have the potential to take them down fairly quickly.

Who else surges or places Goblins on dark elixir drills or other resource buildings? I know I do, but sometimes there will be a ground defense slightly in range, and that defense can end up taking down the Goblin. In certain scenarios, you can deploy a Mosquito on the hard-to reach collectors and drills to avoid a ground defense.
    Unfortunately, the Mosquito may not be able to hold itself off from an air-targeting defense for long, and may end up getting killed before it can take down a collector.

The Mosquito is primarily a resource stealing/minor support troop. Yes, it will target a hero if close enough, but will not retaliate against skeleton traps or other troops until all of its primary targets have been destroyed. You may have to improvise if your Mosquito force deteriorates.

Goblins Vs. Mosquitoes: Goblins have a smaller Housing Space. Four Goblins are stronger than a single Mosquito, but Goblins may get stuck on walls trying to reach storages, whereas a Mosquito can simply fly over the wall.

Goblins have a lot less hitpoints compared to a Mosquito, and often die from splash damage defenses. Mosquitoes will only have to deal with air defenses and bombs. The Mosquito does not replace the Goblin, but can be used in different situations and has the ability to weaken a hero. You can bring 4 Goblins for every Mosquito. Strength in numbers is up to you for both of these troops!

Mosquitoes Vs. Baby Dragons: Comparing statistics, a single Baby Dragon is far more superior than a single Mosquito in terms of damage and HP. The difference between these two troops is that a Baby Dragon is dependent on independence if you want to maximize its ability.

As for Mosquitoes, they need to be in groups of 3 or more to maximize their abilities. It's probably much easier to keep a Baby Dragon alone than keeping a group of 3 Mosquitoes together. If just one Mosquito dies or strays off in the group of 3, the rest of the Mosquitoes will lose their bonuses. A maxed Baby Dragon has 1500 hitpoints, but bringing at least 4 Mosquitoes will act like a little over 2000 hitpoints to a single defense when they have their bonuses. The only difference here is that Air Bombs are far more dangerous to Mosquitoes than to a Baby Dragon.

Mosquitoes have a favorite target, Baby Dragons do not. Mosquitoes may be suited more for base-specific layouts if you spot a lot of storages or collectors toward one side of a base. Baby Dragons will target any structure, and can be deployed behind the Mosquitoes when they get rid of the distracting collectors or storages. Together they'll be able to clean a base up really well.

You need to take into account of a troop's pathing. With the Mosquito, you'll have to make sure they don't separate and lose their bonuses. If one structure is closer to one or more Mosquitoes in a group, they might fray and lose their bonuses, so be careful.

Comparing to the rest of the troops, the Mosquitoes have an ability no other troop has, and that's receiving bonuses when grouped with other Mosquitoes. The Baby Dragon works well alone, and Mosquitoes work well in groups. This mindset also determines the tactfulness of every other unit in Clash of Clans. With the added movement speed and health, Mosquitoes will rip through resources, heroes, and eventually an entire base if no air bombs or air defenses stop them.

Supercell is a great company and always takes into account people's ideas, so I believe if this thread gets enough support, the Mosquito could end up in the game!

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask. Thank you for reading and have a good one.

Sitting in my Igloo beside my pet beavers and moose while drinking a Double Double from Timmies
    Yay, first post. I strongly like the idea of a loot-targetting air troop. Vote +1
    Three rings for the Elven kings under the sky, seven for the Dwarf lords in their halls of stone, nine for mortal Men doomed to die, one for the Dark Lord on his dark throne, in the land of Mordor where the shadows lie. One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them, in the land of Mordor where the shadows lie.

Sitting in my Igloo beside my pet beavers and moose while drinking a Double Double from Timmies
    Might I recommend another attack strategy:

MoDrago: A high level dragon attack. 10 dragons, at 200 spaces, and an extra 13 Mosquitoes, at 39 spaces plus maybe an archer. The beauty of this attack is that most often high hotpoint storages are in between dragons and air defences, and Mosquitoes could help to get those out of the way. Apart from that, it would be a general mass dragon attack, with the added skilled placement of Mosquitoes to take out specific storages while tanked for by the dragons.

Also, you missed the HP and Training Cost of Mosquitoes at lvl 2, might I recommend 810 HP and 45 DE.
    Three rings for the Elven kings under the sky, seven for the Dwarf lords in their halls of stone, nine for mortal Men doomed to die, one for the Dark Lord on his dark throne, in the land of Mordor where the shadows lie. One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them, in the land of Mordor where the shadows lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Iainthedestroyer View Post
    Might I recommend another attack strategy:

MoDrago: A high level dragon attack. 10 dragons, at 200 spaces, and an extra 13 Mosquitoes, at 39 spaces plus maybe an archer. The beauty of this attack is that most often high hotpoint storages are in between dragons and air defences, and Mosquitoes could help to get those out of the way. Apart from that, it would be a general mass dragon attack, with the added skilled placement of Mosquitoes to take out specific storages while tanked for by the dragons.

Also, you missed the HP and Training Cost of Mosquitoes at lvl 2, might I recommend 810 HP and 45 DE.
    I'll look into that strategy a little bit.

Oops, I did miss something. Kinda rushed the ending here, as it was late when I finished.

You weren't far off from what I had in terms of HP and Cost, they're a little higher.

Higher is better, unless I'm stealing YOUR loot Bring on the nerf rants

Higher is better, unless I'm stealing YOUR loot Bring on the nerf rants
    Well, I was looking at everything that could kill the Mosquito carefully, and did some comparing and thinking. I believe it's at a good range.

Its a nice idea.

👍👍👍👍 Thumbs up .

One thing of note, I don't really see how adding Cannoneers to an air attack would help much, they would simply be taken out quickly. It might be better to have a drag or two instead for the Archer Towers.

One thing of note, I don't really see how adding Cannoneers to an air attack would help much, they would simply be taken out quickly. It might be better to have a drag or two instead for the Archer Towers.
    I wasn't specific enough, but the point of using a Cannoneer over a dragon is that the Cannoneer will target defenses, and is able to weaken them greatly. The Dragon will probably fray to non-defensive buildings. Besides, you have your heroes to back it up.

A Cannoneer carries a massive punch, as well. With the extra 30 seconds gone, people are going to need certain defenses cleared a little quicker. Dragons would be a good alternative, nonetheless,but you see my point.

Just a few things to consider and look in to, as I took many precautions for specifics if in need of question.

I don't quite understand the comparison between 6 spaces of minions and 3 spaces of mosquito, why not even housing comparison?