Accounts identified as bots or bot network masters have been banned. Bans are non-negotiable.
Warning: Please be aware that soon we may also ban all / any player accounts which are detected to be continuously dealing with bots / bot networks. Any such bans are non-negotiable as well. Accounts occasionally dealing with bots / bot networks will not be affected.
The goal? Provide a level playing field for everyone.
As part of our Fair Play policy, players using prohibited 3rd party software will face disciplinary action, including but not limited to: permanent ban.
We consider "bot" and "mod" use cheating, and strongly encourage players to remove any aforementioned programs from their devices immediately!
By offering this warning, we hope to give all players a chance to enjoy our games the Fair way.
IMPORTANT: this is not a "one time thing", but an ongoing initiative designed to safeguard all games going forward.
Fair Play Q&A
Why did you initiate a mass ban?
- To keep our games safe and fair for everybody.
Why now? Hasn’t this been going on for a while?
- We’ve always taken action against players utilizing 3rd party software. Advances in tools have given us the chance to be more proactive than ever. We intend to do more in the future.
What if I used Mods in the past, but not anymore? Will I be banned?
- Nope. Only accounts currently using 3rd party software will be affected.
Will everyone be banned at the same time?
- Not really. The Ban will roll out in stages.
How do you detect modified accounts?
- Psychic octopus.
What if someone’s banned accidentally?
- Our systems are robust, false positives may still be possible. We will swiftly reverse any mistakes made.
Will players with Jailbroken, or rooted devices be banned?
What if I use Bluestacks or other emulators? Will I be banned for that?
- No, but for practical support related purposes, we encourage you not to use them.
I stopped using 3rd party software a while ago, can I still get banned?
- Only accounts that indicate recent ‘mod’ or ‘bot’ activity get banned. As mentioned in our Fair Play message – any previous abuse before our Fair Play message released would not result in disciplinary action.
How are you detecting 3rd party software? Is my privacy at risk?
I use a mod only for other games, but still can get banned?
- You will not face consequences if you have not used any 3rd party apps to “change the gameplay.” Only you know for sure if your MOD does this or not.
What permissions does Hay Day require for Android devices?
- Read more here.
When will you be banning people?
- Bans will be ongoing, beginning in the coming weeks.
More information can be found here: http://supercell.com/en/safe-and-fair-play/